2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

@jeff_shearer

Auburn High school coach Tim Carter tells me he expects Reuben Foster to announce his commitment on Monday (2/4) - two days before NSD

Gives him a chance to flip on signing day.

I am kidding :)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This young man will come to Auburn.

@jeff_shearer

Auburn High school coach Tim Carter tells me he expects Reuben Foster to announce his commitment on Monday (2/4) - two days before NSD

That means he announces in the dead period for no contact and it would give the teams holding a spot for him a heads up on filling a void on signing day. A respectful move for all schools.

Did he just announce this right after an au home visit? Pretty much in the bag

No. Came from his coach and UGA and Bama analysts see the writing on the wall.

Seems odd that Foster would come to the Athletic Complex all the time (supposedly), recruit for Auburn at the UA game, go on one recent visit each to Georgia and UAT, and have the percentages be so close (at least for Auburn and UGA). I see a big dog and pony show here...

And just from one member perspective to the admins and mods, I much prefer the Tidbits that AUST posted separate from these monster hundred page threads...I get the principal of decluttering the boards, but they are still cluttered, and not everyone wants to read 90 pages of tangents and emoticons in the typical 100 page thread.

After meeting with several Auburn, Georgia and Alabama coaches over the last couple of weeks, Foster is starting to narrow in on a decision. IMO, I would have Reuben signing with Auburn.

Percentage: Auburn 50...Georgia 35...Alabama 15

Things are very fluid but Foster is def leaning towards Auburn.

Great to see u chime in. Do u see a surprise signing on signing day for AU?

And just from one member perspective to the admins and mods, I much prefer the Tidbits that AUST posted separate from these monster hundred page threads...I get the principal of decluttering the boards, but they are still cluttered, and not everyone wants to read 90 pages of tangents and emoticons in the typical 100 page thread.

I agree!!

I agree!!

I also agree, these 50+ page threads should be locked down at some point and a new thread started.

I'll take the dog & pony show so long as we land this guy. Absent injury or off the field issues, he's one of this year's 5 ot 6 "can't miss" guys. And IMO he'd be an immediate contributor, a perfect fit for the defensive schemes we're likely to see under our new defensive staff (i.e. a mobile LB with a DE size run stopper).

fwiw, not landing a recruit that tattoo'd your college during recruiting would be legendary failure.

Remember this, we have something no other school has, every day he is reminded about Auburn when he looks at his arm. This has got to be a constant reminder of the feelings he has had toward Auburn. I will be extremely surprised if he goes anywhere else.

Remember this, we have something no other school has, every day he is reminded about Auburn when he looks at his arm. This has got to be a constant reminder of the feelings he has had toward Auburn. I will be extremely surprised if he goes anywhere else.

I will be extemely angry if he goes anywhere else!

Hopefully Foster has matured and is ready to go on and make something of his chances in life..for Himself,His daughter,and family. Whoever he chooses. That being said i also thinks he sticks with Auburn.

Many people saw him win MVP of a national HS All-Star game. That should be some indication of capability.

If ST says 50%, I'm not planning on him suiting up in Orange & Blue. I want to say that last year any prediction under 80% or so ended up not signing with Auburn. I believe it was similar the year before. No offense to ST, insight is always nice to have, but I don't want a bunch of people to think a probability of 50% or so means a good thing. I guess it's better than below 50%, but y'all know what I mean.

If ST says 50%, I'm not planning on him suiting up in Orange & Blue. I want to say that last year any prediction under 80% or so ended up not signing with Auburn. I believe it was similar the year before. No offense to ST, insight is always nice to have, but I don't want a bunch of people to think a probability of 50% or so means a good thing. I guess it's better than below 50%, but y'all know what I mean.

if it makes you feel any better, there are other "insiders" with as good or perhaps even better reputations that have a higher % on RF to AU.

None of the predictions last year were between 3 teams. ST stated that AU has a significant lead over GA and a monumental lead over AL.

None of the predictions last year were between 3 teams. ST stated that AU has a significant lead over GA and a monumental lead over AL.

Yes, holding 50% amongst 3 teams is quite a good sign. All signs point to the good guys.

Archived