2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Firmly said he would be here for his OV on Feb 1. He said it's about home and family. Wants to be near his child and his mother so he can come home for supper some days. He seem very polished and with good poised. Talked about getting to know the new staff.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU's getting the Feb. 1st OV... officially FYI.

IMO this is VERY telling. Why would RF bother with an OV across the street if for nothing more than to help recruit. IMO RF is ours. I don't think he would have an OV set up with AU if he were feeling like going to Bama or UGA. ESPECIALLY not on possibly the biggest recruiting weekend this year right before signing day with CL, and all of the other major recruits coming. He is all AU, mark my words.

He was softer spoken when talking about Auburn. More business like. He said he felt he owed Auburn an OV.

IMO this is VERY telling. Why would RF bother with an OV across the street if for nothing more than to help recruit. IMO RF is ours. I don't think he would have an OV set up with AU if he were feeling like going to Bama or UGA. ESPECIALLY not on possibly the biggest recruiting weekend this year right before signing day with CL, and all of the other major recruits coming. He is all AU, mark my words.

He was softer spoken when talking about Auburn. More business like. He said he felt he owed Auburn and OV.

Why would he owe them one? He is on the campus at least once a week.

He was softer spoken when talking about Auburn. More business like. He said he felt he owed Auburn and OV.

An OV tends to communicate seriousness. I can see a recruit feeling that way about a program he respects that has recruited him hard.

It was a compliment. Plus he gets to get all official gear and perks that comes with an OV.

Then it looks like we have one major hurdle to cross now and that is the OV to UGa on 1/25. That is a big one imo.

Very true... He could absolutely fall in love with UGA this weekend. Time will tell...

When going to commercial, I think the host said, "now that we know where reuben is going..."

He said that right after Reuben showed his AU tat. The announcer said, "that is very telling."He said he wants playing time.He said he is a family man and wants to be with his family.He wants to eat Mom's fried chicken (surely he means hot - not after it rides in the trunk to Tuskaloser.He said The Turds and UGA want him, AU "needs" him.I think he "owes" it to Auburn to take an OV so he can try to get the others on that visit to commit to us.

I really like Reuben . Not only do we "need" Reuben at Auburn, we "WANT" him . Im hoping that as much time as hes spent on campus with our players and coaches, he knows AUBURN is the real deal,and he knows exactly whats expected of him if he comes to play for us.He should already know by now that we are genuine and sincere in everything we've told him.NOT like a weekend of glitz and show off, like the Bammers did and tried to sway him away with all the crap from this past weekend.Auburn family and coaches have stood by him, and while we dont have as many crystal balls as the Bammers,we do have 2 National Titles and an AUBURN fan base that we meant it when we say we are FAMILY, and with this Coaching staff,I expect great things to happen at Auburn, and I want Reuben to a part of that, and all our other recruits.He has a small child and coming to Auburn, he can be here for her, and even can go to her school on those special parent days. He wont be able to do that if he goes further off.He comes across as a huge family man, and I hope he really understands all he will miss with his daughter if he chooses to play further away from her, and lets not forget his Mom.Reuben has built relationships with so many at Auburn. I just pray he stays with us.I personally feel its the best for him and his family.He will really miss his daughter and Mom if he goes off somewhere else to play his college football. I wish him the best ! IF hes worried about the NFL, look at all the former AU players that have gone on to play in the NFL, and we have 2 playing in this Super Bowl !

What I think the host meant to say was something along the linear of, "now that we know where Reuben will be next weekend". He followed that sentence up with a let's see where some others will be visiting when we come back from break.

Hopefully I am wrong and he did let the cat out of the bag a little but that's how I heard it.

What I think the host meant to say was something along the linear of, "now that we know where Reuben will be next weekend". He followed that sentence up with a let's see where some others will be visiting when we come back from break.

Hopefully I am wrong and he did let the cat out of the bag a little but that's how I heard it.

I agree. The host seemed to be caught in the transition from talking about the tattoo and going to break. The host had no insight in my opinion.

^^This^^

He has a small child and coming to Auburn, he can be here for her, and even can go to her school on those special parent days. He wont be able to do that if he goes further off.He comes across as a huge family man, and I hope he really understands all he will miss with his daughter if he chooses to play further away from her, and lets not forget his Mom.

What would make you think that his Mom and his daughter would not move to UGA or UAT if he chooses to go to school at either of those two places? I'm sure there are plenty of jobs at UGA and UAT for his Mom. We gave her a job, so I'm sure UGA and UAT are willing to do the same.

He has a small child and coming to Auburn, he can be here for her, and even can go to her school on those special parent days. He wont be able to do that if he goes further off.He comes across as a huge family man, and I hope he really understands all he will miss with his daughter if he chooses to play further away from her, and lets not forget his Mom.

What would make you think that his Mom and his daughter would not move to UGA or UAT if he chooses to go to school at either of those two places? I'm sure there are plenty of jobs at UGA and UAT for his Mom. We gave her a job, so I'm sure UGA and UAT are willing to do the same.

You sound like you are on the wrong board.

Guys, you can all stop the worrying. Foster will sign with Auburn on 2/6/13. Although he officially decommitted he never truly stopped being a commitment. He has visited the new coaches and the coaches have visited him several times. He also spends time with some of the current players but that is not made public by the recruiting sites. He has also continued to recruit for Auburn behind the scenes. He is just having fun now and enjoying the process, but barring a major unforeseen event ( for example a new shinny car or a high paying job for Mom) he is signing with Auburn.

You sound like you are on the wrong board.

Why would you say that... do you think that UAT and UGA wouldn't do the same the we have done... it's not illegal.

I have no idea where this kid will end up.. if I were to guess, I'd say UGA was the biggest competition to us being that Matthews is going to UGA. I could see him going to Alabama too, since he was once committed there... but that would be a bigger surprise to me than UGA.

Time will tell, but I really think he's all Auburn. Let's not forget the relationship he has with Jeremy Johnson, who has become the figurehead of this class; I think between Johnson and Foster, we will have some quality leadership lined up on both sides of the ball, and I think both of them sincerely want to be "The Man". Quite honestly, I'm still a huge Kiehl Frazier fan, and I sincerely believe that all it's going to take is getting back in the groove with Malzahn during the spring...but if it doesn't, I could see JJ taking over as a true freshman. With the way that Malzahn calls plays, the impact of a freshman playing QB would be minimized, IMO. Remember how well he did at Arkansas with Casey Dix?

Add in Foster starting at linebacker on defense at some point in the season (which is virtually assured if he comes to the Plains, IMO), and being THE starter at MLB going forward, and I could see that dynamic of being leader of the offense and leader of the defense becoming a big deal...

1. Because his mom is adamant about staying in Auburn and 2..Reuben and Bama have parted ways

1. Because his mom is adamant about staying in Auburn and 2..Reuben and Bama have parted ways

As I said, I'd be surprised if he ended up at UAT... UGA, not so much.

You did not say it in that post so I did not know you said it.

Really wish if he is such a lock to Auburn he would recommit and give us some momentum going into these final 2 weeks. He seems to have a personality that a lot of other kids like and so would be nice to have him and JJ rally troops here at the end and finish off a solid class

You did not say it in that post so I did not know you said it.

Understood, but I did say it in the post right below it and well before you responded...

I don't know where the kid will go... I'd love for him to be here at AU, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to UGA and then see his Mom move to Athens with a new job...

Archived