2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Saban is pushing the NFL to recruits.

I would too if I were him.

And if I were recruiting against him, I would point out that you don't have a better chance of getting to the NFL at bama -- if you look at his recruiting classes, he simply signs more guys that are likely to play in the NFL out of high school. I would be interested in seeing the percentage of highly rated players that make the pros out of bama compared to the percentages at other schools.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might end up anywhere. The idea of staying close to his family is bogus. UAT got Richardson's mom a house-sitting job in Tuskaloser. That position or one similar can be found there. Other schools, not being armor plated, would be more subtle but jobs and accomodations will appear wherever Foster wants to attend school.

What we learn from this, no matter where Foster ends up, is that Saban cares about nothing, NOTHING except winning. After what Foster did to bammer, no other coach/school in the country would have him back. Yet here is Saban in Foster's house begging him to sign with UAT. I'd be ashamed, but apparently shame doesn't bother Saban as long as it might help him to win one somewhere down the road.

Does anyone think for a second that saban won't tell Reuben how he loves him and all is forgiven then if he get's him he will make his life miserable. He has plenty of players and will get more.

As would I.

He might end up anywhere. The idea of staying close to his family is bogus. UAT got Richardson's mom a house-sitting job in Tuskaloser. That position or one similar can be found there. Other schools, not being armor plated, would be more subtle but jobs and accomodations will appear wherever Foster wants to attend school.

What we learn from this, no matter where Foster ends up, is that Saban cares about nothing, NOTHING except winning. After what Foster did to bammer, no other coach/school in the country would have him back. Yet here is Saban in Foster's house begging him to sign with UAT. I'd be ashamed, but apparently shame doesn't bother Saban as long as it might help him to win one somewhere down the road.

Does anyone think for a second that saban won't tell Reuben how he loves him and all is forgiven then if he get's him he will make his life miserable. He has plenty of players and will get more.

As would I.

I would pitch that I'm not really wearing lifts in my shoes so don't believe the gossip.

Saban would take Foster back if for any reason than to make sure he doesn't go to Auburn. Doesn't Alabama already have linebackers out the wazoo?

Totally agree.

[quote name=thewhiz7'

timestamp='1358480721' post='1795621]

RF has already pulled a TJY on Bama. What if he pulled a CK on signing day.

What if he did?

I, personally, would get up and go to work on Thursday, treating it as any other working Thursday.

I was hoping that JJ would get Reuben back on board and then we would have a lead offensive and defensive recruiter....does JJ have any pull with Reuben? Is Reuben still recruiting for us behind the scenes?

What if he did?

They honestly would probably just scoff. If I was a bama fan and he did that, I wouldn't care at this point. Three national titles, the worst year in recent memory of my rival, continuing top 5 classes....getting snubbed by one guy at a position they are loaded at won't bother them one bit.

I was hoping that JJ would get Reuben back on board and then we would have a lead offensive and defensive recruiter....does JJ have any pull with Reuben? Is Reuben still recruiting for us behind the scenes?

Yes and he was at the UA game.

things change so fast and I hadn't heard any "recent" indications that Reuben is still recruiting for us...but it appears the answer is yes...correct?

things change so fast and I hadn't heard any "recent" indications that Reuben is still recruiting for us...but it appears the answer is yes...correct?

All I can say for certain is what was in my previous post.

from every indication of what i have read or heard, Reuben Foster is pretty solid to Auburn. seems like he is 99% if not more. it also seems like he has his reasons for not announcing right now and waiting until later. IMO, maybe he wants to have fun with it and do something fun and cool to announce on signing day? i dunno, he's 18. i'd have fun with it too.

I don't think he pulled a TJY on Bama. He didn't flip commitment right before dead period to where the other team's coach couldn't contact him to get him to change his mind. Will he pull a Cyrus K? That's always a possibility. I'm not as optimistic as most on these boards that he's coming to AU. I think he's going to end up at UGA with his buddy Matthews.

I don't think he pulled a TJY on Bama. He didn't flip commitment right before dead period to where the other team's coach couldn't contact him to get him to change his mind. Will he pull a Cyrus K? That's always a possibility. I'm not as optimistic as most on these boards that he's coming to AU. I think he's going to end up at UGA with his buddy Matthews.

But he did give TJs speach, word for word...

And that was orchestrated completely by Trooper so it's not worth saying Reuben pulled a TJ.

And that was orchestrated completely by Trooper so it's not worth saying Reuben pulled a TJ.

I think Reuben just wants to know the new staff has much love for him as well and he signs with us. I think it sorta scared him when Gus was hired as I have heard that some on the previous staff were not always complimentary of CGM.

I think Reuben just wants to know the new staff has much NEED for him as well and he signs with us. I think it sorta scared him when Gus was hired as I have heard that some on the previous staff were not always complimentary of CGM.

FIFY

I was really referring to the speech that was just like TJY. I only brought up Cyrus K because Im still pissed about that. I want RF to end up at AU is all.

Best not to dwell on Bamr underhandedness and monkey time antics. They will do more and be proud of themselves for doing it.

They maybe goobers but they are tricksey those BamRZ.

I tend to believe they are into every underhanded sleazy story I hear !

Why if they'd conspire to threw that poor ol' ND LB off his game by planting false messages to him

on the interweb then they're capable of anything,

Best not to dwell on Bamr underhandedness and monkey time antics. They will do more and be proud of themselves for doing it.

They maybe goobers but they are tricksey those BamRZ.

I tend to believe they are into every underhanded sleazy story I hear !

Why if they'd conspire to threw that poor ol' ND LB off his game by planting false messages to him

on the interweb then they're capable of anything,

Now, that is an angle I hadn't thought of. Hmmmmm?

I was never big on the whole RF speech. I cannot stand bammer but that all sort of smelled bad for my taste. I like to win and all but it seems like that crapt always comes back to bite ya'.

I saw somewhere that Bama is celebrating its National championship parade this weekend and saban is using this as a recruiting tool for the prospects this weekend. I hope Reuben Foster don't fall for that.

I saw somewhere that Bama is celebrating its National championship parade this weekend and saban is using this as a recruiting tool for the prospects this weekend. I hope Reuben Foster don't fall for that.

Sounds legit.....lol

Archived