2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

They should make a rule that if a player makes a commitment that player gets one more official visit before he has to sit out for a year for not knowing what the hell a commitment is to give him a year to learn it.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that Bama doesn't "need" LBs. But everybody "needs" the #1 LB in the country. Unless their class is full of studs they "need" more. Just crazy.

Sure they wouldn't leave him out, though.

They are 3 deep at every LB spot going into next season. Reuben is not a need. It would just be the biggest recruiting "up yours" to Auburn. But it does not matter cuz it is basically Auburn or UGA.

You know more than I do, so I'll let it go with this. If he's all that, I bet they'd be happy to find a medical redshirt among those dozen LBs they already have. Somebody has to suffer from a chronic sinus infection.

lol

Can someone help me understand what RF stands to gain by visiting Bammer? Is it just to see the crystal trophy? We have one. I mean, a former bammer commit that flips to Auburn by ceremoniously reciting the EXACT SAME speech that Yeldon gave when he gave Auburn a big "up yours", then gets a AU tattoo on his forearm as an additional" up yours" to bammer, now is visiting a school that he has seen numerous times. Why???

I'm surprised that bammer will even allow him on campus. I'm equally surprised that our coaches, in light of calling Liner's bluff yesterday, are okay with RF visiting turdville. Most say that this is just "big time" recruiting, but I don't see other schools having as much drama as we seem to have with these 5-star guys. You either want to be at Auburn, or you don't. If you don't, BYE. If you do, come on down and join the AU Family. It's that simple.

I can't believe that everybody is not a fan of somebody. you are either for us or your not. Make a decision.

Let them have fun. Gus and staff are still working regardless of what other teams bring in. This is a transition year with coaching changes. Auburn is not the only school that has to recruit against Alabama. Playing time at some point will be an issue for loaded classes.

Let them have fun. Gus and staff are still working regardless of what other teams bring in. This is a transition year with coaching changes. Auburn is not the only school that has to recruit against Alabama. Playing time at some point will be an issue for loaded classes.

I've been saying that for the last 5 years, it never seems to bother the turds

Demarcus Walker str8 left UA for FSU (Both are loaded at DE) - it happens everywhere. The difference is how the fans take it.

Any word on our coaches being okay with this? I know they can't stop them from visiting other schools, but this is just plain ridiculous!

Since none of those players are committed to Auburn right now it does not matter. Also this weekend is not much about Reuben and Monty for Bama. They are hosting 14 visitors this weekend. All but 2 are 4 star or higher.

DAMN! :dead:

I get that Bama doesn't "need" LBs. But everybody "needs" the #1 LB in the country. Unless their class is full of studs they "need" more. Just crazy.

They are 3 deep at every LB spot going into next season. Reuben is not a need. It would just be the biggest recruiting "up yours" to Auburn. But it does not matter cuz it is basically Auburn or UGA.

You know more than I do, so I'll let it go with this. If he's all that, I bet they'd be happy to find a medical redshirt among those dozen LBs they already have. Somebody has to suffer from a chronic sinus infection.

lol

Can someone help me understand what RF stands to gain by visiting Bammer? Is it just to see the crystal trophy? We have one. I mean, a former bammer commit that flips to Auburn by ceremoniously reciting the EXACT SAME speech that Yeldon gave when he gave Auburn a big "up yours", then gets a AU tattoo on his forearm as an additional "up yours" to bammer, now is visiting a school that he has seen numerous times. Why???

I'm surprised that bammer will even allow him on campus. I'm equally surprised that our coaches, in light of calling Liner's bluff yesterday, are okay with RF visiting turdville. Most say that this is just "big time" recruiting, but I don't see other schools having as much drama as we seem to have with these 5-star guys. You either want to be at Auburn, or you don't. If you don't, BYE. If you do, come on down and join the AU Family. It's that simple.

I can't believe that everybody is not a fan of somebody. you are either for us or your not. Make a decision.

I'm cutting these AU commits/recruits some slack this year. The coaches that recruited them are gone, the scheme they were recruited for is gone. They have every right to shop around right now. I just hope they understand that AU will be a shoppin too. Because Auburn is on the fast track right now, improvement in all phases is top priority - AU will get back to the top with or without 'em.

lol

Can someone help me understand what RF stands to gain by visiting Bammer? Is it just to see the crystal trophy? We have one. I mean, a former bammer commit that flips to Auburn by ceremoniously reciting the EXACT SAME speech that Yeldon gave when he gave Auburn a big "up yours", then gets a AU tattoo on his forearm as an additional "up yours" to bammer, now is visiting a school that he has seen numerous times. Why???

I heard they give out free men's suits over there. Maybe he's getting one of those for his NSD presentation.

When I read Liner had been there several weeks in a row, the first thing I thought of was, "Those Bama hostesses doin work!" That's the only thing I can think of that would make a 17 year old visit that many times...maybe Foster is headed down for some special treatment as well :dunno:

I heard they give out free men's suits over there. Maybe he's getting one of those for his NSD presentation.

You must be mistaken. Tom "Big" Al-betar is disassociated with the bammer program, and has been for a little over a year. No free suits given out in turdville!!! Nothing to see here, NCAA. Hey Slive, they are bothering us again. Make it stop or fall up some stairs, it's your choice!!!

Don't you realize that the mullets did an extensive investigation of that ? Their own sleuths completed one of the most exhaustive investigations ever done, lasting almost 24 hours. Yes, those crack bammer detectives discovered that they were not involved in anything nefarious and their players hadn't even thought about being bad boys. They passed the results on to the NCAA so Slive is on solid footing here. The NCAA was heard to have said, " Any impartial investigation that thorough has to be accurate. That's good enough for us. "

Did Gus visit him this week?

I meet coach johnson and coach gardner while they were out visiting, pretty cool, coach gardner is awesome

Garner*

Spell checker on the brick phone? ;)

Did Gus visit him this week?

I meet coach johnson and coach gardner while they were out visiting, pretty cool, coach gardner is awesome

Garner*

Spell checker on the brick phone? ;)

It was the correct spelling yesterday cuz he weeded out Dee Liner's arse.

S/o to JHokanson the man with the plan the auburn sports writer. Follow!!....per Reuben

I know he is a bama commit but he did visit this weekend. Do we have any shot?

When i clicked to read the new comments i saw the OP and it made me smile a little

:dunno:

S/o to JHokanson the man with the plan the auburn sports writer. Follow!!....per Reuben

I saw that tweet earlier from Foster--that can't be bad, right?

We have some angst about Reuben visiting Bammer but could he be going their to stay in the ear of Adams?

That's got to be the reason. All of the bammers I know have told me at least 100 times that Rueben calls Saban every week trying to get back in the process but Saban will never take him back.

Just like so many on this board that just say things to get a reaction, I'm sure all your Bama friends don't have insider info into Nick Saban's call list for the week. I would take it with a grain of salt.

We have some angst about Reuben visiting Bammer but could he be going their to stay in the ear of Adams?

That's got to be the reason. All of the bammers I know have told me at least 100 times that Rueben calls Saban every week trying to get back in the process but Saban will never take him back.

Yeah right...LOL. I think I'll go ahead and call BS on that!..WDE

Here is a bleacher report on RF's visit and two good quotes from him. http://bleacherrepor...r-reuben-foster

The 5-star athlete shared his feelings about the Huskies with Kipp Adams of ESPN.com:

They have a very high percentage of getting me on signing day. That is how much I like them.

I spoke to Coach [Tosh] Lupoi throughout the trip and Coach [steve] Sarkisian some, and it was a chance for us to bond even more. The relationship I have with them is amazing. They come to my school and hit me up, it is just crazy.

Foster goes on to explain how Washington set itself apart, per Adams:

With most staffs, they always say they want me, but
only two staffs have really let me know they need me. Auburn did that before, and Washington did that too, during my official.
I talked one on one with Coach Lupoi about how I could grow up there and just the ups and downs of life. Coach Sark showed me how many linebackers they had and how they would use me. He really
showed me that I was needed, not just wanted.

Archived