2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

For those of you sniffing his boxers, Nick Saban has one...ONE...undefeated season. The same number as Gene Chizik and Tommy Tuberculous. The difference is after his Bama teams lost AT HOME each of the last 2 seasons (and after getting his clock cleaned by UF the year of his LSU title) the teams that needed to lose for his team to get into the title game...lost. Great recruiting, better than average coaching and more luck than any coach in America to back into 3 titles.

in 5 years he lost 7 games. 2less than we lost last year. Yea hes all luck.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you sniffing his boxers, Nick Saban has one...ONE...undefeated season. The same number as Gene Chizik and Tommy Tuberculous. The difference is after his Bama teams lost AT HOME each of the last 2 seasons (and after getting his clock cleaned by UF the year of his LSU title) the teams that needed to lose for his team to get into the title game...lost. Great recruiting, better than average coaching and more luck than any coach in America to back into 3 titles.

2009 is THE only year they didn't LUCK their way into the NC. Get a clue.

I'd say the luck Saban has had is backing into the BCSNC game back to back years. I'll give Saban alot of credit because he is 2x the coach he was at LSU.

That's about right. FSU got the '93 title from luck, UF got '96 from amazing luck, in the BCS era the media recognizes a team that didn't even play in the BCS title game (USC, 2003) as the national champ, etc, etc. Any of a number of years for Miami. Timing and luck are EVERYTHING if you lose a regular season game, especially at home. It's good to lose to Texas A&M at home and drop to...#4, but to then have Kansas State and Oregon both implode is what, Saban's coaching skill?

If you're going lah-lah w/ fingers in ears at this point, in lieu of "luck" think, er, pollster support? (Not us in 1983 or 9 of our 11 undefeated seasons). e.g. One of Urban Meyer's (only undefeated season to date at ...Utah) national champ UF teams lost to Auburn in the Swamp when UF QB Leak fumbled the ball on Auburn's 35 line in a 4th quarter tied game. Close call sure, fumble or incomlete pass? Now it would have been 4th down and without guessing whether UF's 2 for 12 FG kicker would have made that 52 yd filed goal, Auburn proceded to drive 50 yards for the game winning FG. For the next 2 months I heard announcers on several occasions say during other games UF wasn't even playing in that UF flat out DID NOT LOSE THAT GAME. Now THAT's the spirit that'll make coaches like Meyer, Saban etc legends. And have message board nimnods crying sourgrapes.

Back to RF - as of today I think we sign him but if he goes to uat this weekend, all bets are off and I think he will sign elsewhere.

is he planning to go to uat this weekend?

He is but I still think it's between Auburn and UGA. Bama is running out of spots fast and has at least 4 players higher on their wish list to fill their remaining spots.

Back to RF - as of today I think we sign him but if he goes to uat this weekend, all bets are off and I think he will sign elsewhere.

He is but I still think it's between Auburn and UGA. Bama is running out of spots fast and has at least 4 players higher on their wish list to fill their remaining spots.

Speaking of that other school, how many can they sign this year? I have no idea how many, if any, can be counted back since I didn't follow them last year either.

Speaking of that other school, how many can they sign this year? I have no idea how many, if any, can be counted back since I didn't follow them last year either.

They do so much processing it's hard to know how much they count back but based on their scholly numbers they are looking to sign 25 and process about 10.

And even then, UT was driving easily when McCoy got hurt. There's no way to know how it would have ended with him playing out the game, but you can't say that it didn't luckily benefit the turds.

And even then, UT was driving easily when McCoy got hurt. There's no way to know how it would have ended with him playing out the game, but you can't say that it didn't luckily benefit the turds.

You don't win a NC in ANY year without some breaks. Call it what you want, but we got a few in 2010 as well.

It is hard for me to take accept anyone as credible who explains 3 NC's in 4 years as "luck". I reminded about what Jefferson and Emerson said about luck:

“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

The good thing is, luck is nothing but probability and if all that UAT has done is luck, we should be in good shape for about the next 20 years as the law of averages well even everything out.

Think about what you wrote and how scary that is. I'd rate Foster as easily one of Auburn's top 3 targets. Bama supposedly has 4 uncommitted players they want more. I know it's more complicated than "best prospect," but eek.

Think about what you wrote and how scary that is. I'd rate Foster as easily one of Auburn's top 3 targets. Bama supposedly has 4 uncommitted players they want more. I know it's more complicated than "best prospect," but eek.

Foster is not a need for them at LB. He would be a luxury for them to stick it to us. They have bigger needs with guys like Tunsil, Conner, Bell, and Liner.

You don't win a NC in ANY year without some breaks. Call it what you want, but we got a few in 2010 as well.

It is hard for me to take accept anyone as credible who explains 3 NC's in 4 years as "luck". I reminded about what Jefferson and Emerson said about luck:

“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

― Thomas Jefferson

The good thing is, luck is nothing but probability and if all that UAT has done is luck, we should be in good shape for about the next 20 years as the law of averages well even everything out.

Explain it however you want but if Oregon and Kstate hadn't gotten upset in the same weak there wouldve been 3 undefeated teams at seasons end. If that ain't luck, I don't know what is. We're not disputing whether they are a good team or not but they didn't necessarily create their destiny as we did in 2010. We got there by refusing to lose, not by others losing to create a spot for us. Sure we had some luck, but the comparison is applesto oranges IMO.

I get that Bama doesn't "need" LBs. But everybody "needs" the #1 LB in the country. Unless their class is full of studs they "need" more. Just crazy.

Sure they wouldn't leave him out, though.

I get that Bama doesn't "need" LBs. But everybody "needs" the #1 LB in the country. Unless their class is full of studs they "need" more. Just crazy.

They are 3 deep at every LB spot going into next season. Reuben is not a need. It would just be the biggest recruiting "up yours" to Auburn. But it does not matter cuz it is basically Auburn or UGA.

Clean up on isles 514-516.

LOL. Agreed (as I sneak out of the aisle hoping no one saw me there when the mess was made)

Lol... Sry guys. War Eagle Rockford

They are 3 deep at every LB spot going into next season. Reuben is not a need. It would just be the biggest recruiting "up yours" to Auburn. But it does not matter cuz it is basically Auburn or UGA.

You know more than I do, so I'll let it go with this. If he's all that, I bet they'd be happy to find a medical redshirt among those dozen LBs they already have. Somebody has to suffer from a chronic sinus infection.

They are 3 deep at every LB spot going into next season. Reuben is not a need. It would just be the biggest recruiting"up yours" to Auburn. But it does not matter cuz it is basically Auburn or UGA.

You know more than I do, so I'll let it go with this. If he's all that, I bet they'd be happy to find a medical redshirt among those dozen LBs they already have. Somebody has to suffer from a chronic sinus infection.

lol

lol

Can someone help me understand what RF stands to gain by visiting Bammer? Is it just to see the crystal trophy? We have one. I mean, a former bammer commit that flips to Auburn by ceremoniously reciting the EXACT SAME speech that Yeldon gave when he gave Auburn a big "up yours", then gets a AU tattoo on his forearm as an additional "up yours" to bammer, now is visiting a school that he has seen numerous times. Why???

I'm surprised that bammer will even allow him on campus. I'm equally surprised that our coaches, in light of calling Liner's bluff yesterday, are okay with RF visiting turdville. Most say that this is just "big time" recruiting, but I don't see other schools having as much drama as we seem to have with these 5-star guys. You either want to be at Auburn, or you don't. If you don't, BYE. If you do, come on down and join the AU Family. It's that simple.

lol

Can someone help me understand what RF stands to gain by visiting Bammer? Is it just to see the crystal trophy? We have one. I mean, a former bammer commit that flips to Auburn by ceremoniously reciting the EXACT SAME speech that Yeldon gave when he gave Auburn a big "up yours", then gets a AU tattoo on his forearm as an additional "up yours" to bammer, now is visiting a school that he has seen numerous times. Why???

I'm surprised that bammer will even allow him on campus. I'm equally surprised that our coaches, in light of calling Liner's bluff yesterday, are okay with RF visiting turdville. Most say that this is just "big time" recruiting, but I don't see other schools having as much drama as we seem to have with these 5-star guys. You either want to be at Auburn, or you don't. If you don't, BYE. If you do, come on down and join the AU Family. It's that simple.

I heard they give out free men's suits over there. Maybe he's getting one of those for his NSD presentation.

lol

I heard they give out free men's suits over there. Maybe he's getting one of those for his NSD presentation.

You must be mistaken. Tom "Big" Al-betar is disassociated with the bammer program, and has been for a little over a year. No free suits given out in turdville!!! Nothing to see here, NCAA. Hey Slive, they are bothering us again. Make it stop or fall up some stairs, it's your choice!!!

Hey, Ellitor, nevermind on the explanation of what RF stands to gain on visiting bammer. I just saw where M. Adams, Liner and RF are all visiting bammer this weekend. Looks like the Gadsden car dealership just got a new shipment of Chargers in. Hate to be a negative-nelly, but this situation wreaks of what happened with Calloway, Koundjo and Yeldon.

Any word on our coaches being okay with this? I know they can't stop them from visiting other schools, but this is just plain ridiculous!

Any word on our coaches being okay with this? I know they can't stop them from visiting other schools, but this is just plain ridiculous!

Since none of those players are committed to Auburn right now it does not matter. Also this weekend is not much about Reuben and Monty for Bama. They are hosting 14 visitors this weekend. All but 2 are 4 star or higher.

Archived