2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seeing things on other sites that suggest Foster, and possibly Lawson, have some very serious grade concerns. For Foster they sound VERY concerning. Can anyone confirm this and/or discuss the extent of those issues?

I'm seeing things on other sites that suggest Foster, and possibly Lawson, have some very serious grade concerns. For Foster they sound VERY concerning. Can anyone confirm this and/or discuss the extent of those issues?

Nobody knows for certain. They are just rumors on TD right now.

I have no idea what Foster's grades are, but I have met him a few times and he seems like a smart kid to me. I think most, in fact we could say 99.9999999% have no idea anything about a kids grades. I know he stepped up in school academic standing when he transferred to Auburn, but I do not think that would be a problem, in fact it should help his ACT.

I thought RF would have been an EE had he not transferred this year. That suggests grades aren't an issue. Now, if that's not the case and he wasn't a candidate for an EE, then there ya go, anythings a possibility.

I thought RF would have been an EE had he not transferred this year. That suggests grades aren't an issue. Now, if that's not the case and he wasn't a candidate for an EE, then there ya go, anythings a possibility.

I don't think it's his grades per say as it is getting his ACT score up.

I don't think it's his grades per say as it is getting his ACT score up.

Gotcha

I have to say the amount of time these kids seem to have to study is zero. Thanks goodness it is HS and you can pass with your eyes closed. It seems every weekend they are on the road and many times during the week.

Carl Lawson said that he arrived late in the day for his OV to Clemson due to a ACT bootcamp class. That would suggest he doesn't have the score needed to qualify. I don't know why he would want to take the ACT again once he has a qualifying score.

Reuben Foster is all rumor and speculation from people who claim to be part of the AHS school system. Also, Foster talked about how he wanted to just focus on academics this semester as well

Please don't paint Foster with the same brush as Liner. Foster de-committed when he was upset and confused, which I think is an honorable thing to do. He hasn't shut the door on us even while he is looking elsewhere. I still think he comes to Auburn, but if he doesn't, I don't think he has tried to play us and he has been honest and open with his emotions.

I really think Foster comes to Auburn as opposed to other schools for one main reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with football or academics or coaches or fans tweeting him (this one is a close second...duh) etc...

Reuben Foster, the #2 overall recruit in the United States and future NFL first round draft pick, will sign with the Auburn Tigers on National Signing Day because:

His family lives in Auburn, Alabama. His daughter lives in Auburn, Alabama.

Oh, as for Liner. I have a theory on my one reason he will sign with Bama. Like it or not, we will all admit Nick Saban is the best college football coach in the country. He also wins a ton of national titles.

You know how hard it is to win three titles in four years?

Remember the mid 2000s when USC was the "dynasty" team? They were that team that just seemed unbeatable and you loved to root against them every week? Well, those teams only won ONE national championship (and, heck, if you ask me, if the BCS would have gotten it right in 2004, the Auburn Tigers would have gone into the Orange Bowl as 10 point underdogs and won the national title by a score of 24-17).

But, besides ALL OF THAT, the one reason Dee Liner will play for the Alabama Crimson Tide is because Nick Saban puts players into the NFL at a stunning rate. Like, a lot of players.

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this:

"Hi, Dee, I am Nicky. Want to play for the best coach in the USA? Want to win a national championship? How about three? WANT TO BE A FIRST ROUND NFL DRAFT PICK?"

SOLD.

I really think Foster comes to Auburn as opposed to other schools for one main reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with football or academics or coaches or fans tweeting him (this one is a close second...duh) etc...

Reuben Foster, the #2 overall recruit in the United States and future NFL first round draft pick, will sign with the Auburn Tigers on National Signing Day because:

His family lives in Auburn, Alabama. His daughter lives in Auburn, Alabama.

Oh, as for Liner. I have a theory on my one reason he will sign with Bama. Like it or not, we will all admit Nick Saban is the best college football coach in the country. He also wins a ton of national titles.

You know how hard it is to win three titles in four years?

Remember the mid 2000s when USC was the "dynasty" team? They were that team that just seemed unbeatable and you loved to root against them every week? Well, those teams only won ONE national championship (and, heck, if you ask me, if the BCS would have gotten it right in 2004, the Auburn Tigers would have gone into the Orange Bowl as 10 point underdogs and won the national title by a score of 24-17).

But, besides ALL OF THAT, the one reason Dee Liner will play for the Alabama Crimson Tide is because Nick Saban puts players into the NFL at a stunning rate. Like, a lot of players.

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this:

"Hi, Dee, I am Nicky. Want to play for the best coach in the USA? Want to win a national championship? How about three? WANT TO BE A FIRST ROUND NFL DRAFT PICK?"

SOLD.

Any kid from the shoals area that mentions AU as its college choice better have a strong family background because the rec owns this area! Too bad Dee wasn't strong enough to stand up to them and his coach

I have to say the amount of time these kids seem to have to study is zero. Thanks goodness it is HS and you can pass with your eyes closed. It seems every weekend they are on the road and many times during the week.

They have all the time they need to study. It is just a matter of how much they want to spend. If you have 100 D-1 offers and boarderline grades, and you choose to continue going to sporting events every weekend, doing interviews and recieving calls from coaches every evening, and texting/tweeting all night, you can't very well say you didn't have time to study. BTW, I am not refering to Foster, or any one recruit in particular.

Please don't paint Foster with the same brush as Liner. Foster de-committed when he was upset and confused, which I think is an honorable thing to do. He hasn't shut the door on us even while he is looking elsewhere. I still think he comes to Auburn, but if he doesn't, I don't think he has tried to play us and he has been honest and open with his emotions.

Sorry if I missed it but I have not seen that association.

Like it or not, we will all admit Nick Saban is the best college football coach in the country. He also wins a ton of national titles.

You and the many others that believe this are entitled to your opinion but as long as $puat (and Saban) cheat like they do, whether bumps or benefits, I'll NEVER give him ANY credit because he can't do it on the up and up.

Like it or not, we will all admit Nick Saban is the best college football coach in the country. He also wins a ton of national titles.

You and the many others that believe this are entitled to your opinion but as long as $puat (and Saban) cheat like they do, whether bumps or benefits, I'll NEVER give him ANY credit because he can't do it on the up and up.

No offense, but that's an asinine statement. I don't like Saban either, but to say he can't do it without cheating is sour grapes. He is, unfortunately, the best coach in the country. I don't see anyone else in the FBS division who has won as many titles as he has as head coach.

For those of you sniffing his boxers, Nick Saban has one...ONE...undefeated season. The same number as Gene Chizik and Tommy Tubberville. The difference is after his Bama teams lost AT HOME each of the last 2 seasons (and after getting his clock cleaned by UF the year of his LSU title) the teams that needed to lose for his team to get into the title game...lost. Great recruiting, better than average coaching and more luck than any coach in America to back into 3 titles.

For those of you sniffing his boxers, Nick Saban has one...ONE...undefeated season. The same number as Gene Chizik and Tommy Tubberville. The difference is after his Bama teams lost AT HOME each of the last 2 seasons (and after getting his clock cleaned by UF the year of his LSU title) the teams that needed to lose for his team to get into the title game...lost. Great recruiting, better than average coaching and more luck than any coach in America to back into 3 titles.

It would be very ignorant to not believe LUCK has a lot to do with it! They have a well coached team but they're some lucky SOBs

It would be very ignorant to not believe LUCK has a lot to do with it! They have a well coached team but they're some lucky SOBs

yep, he is a sob

No offense, but that's an asinine statement. I don't like Saban either, but to say he can't do it without cheating is sour grapes. He is, unfortunately, the best coach in the country. I don't see anyone else in the FBS division who has won as many titles as he has as head coach.

I don't think its sour grapes to point out uat has had to cheat to get to the point they are now. Nick is a great coach but is as dirty as they come.

He is very good and wins a ton of games, but if you look it it closely, he has lost a home game the last 2 years when it really counted. They have been very lucky in that all of the teams in from of them have lost for 2 years in a row. Playing LSU again for the title after not winning the SEC? That NEVER has happened and NEVER will happen again.

So yes, he is a very good coach, probably the best in the NCAA right now, but they have had an incredible amount luck to be able to make it to the title game.

Back to RF - as of today I think we sign him but if he goes to uat this weekend, all bets are off and I think he will sign elsewhere.

He is very good and wins a ton of games, but if you look it it closely, he has lost a home game the last 2 years when it really counted. They have been very lucky in that all of the teams in from of them have lost for 2 years in a row. Playing LSU again for the title after not winning the SEC? That NEVER has happened and NEVER will happen again.

So yes, he is a very good coach, probably the best in the NCAA right now, but they have had an incredible amount luck to be able to make it to the title game.

Back to RF - as of today I think we sign him but if he goes to uat this weekend, all bets are off and I think he will sign elsewhere.

is he planning to go to uat this weekend?

Archived