2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

According to his Twitter, he's cold:

@reubenfoster_FG

Man it's so COLD!!! Up here in Washington Felt like Gucci BURR!!!

29 degree's :dead:

I hope it's in the low teens in the morning. Hope the cereal is soggy. Hope the women are homely and very plump. Hope it sleets/snows. Hope he is absolutely miserable. Hope he gets delayed, by at least an hour, on the tarmac. Other than that, I hope he has a good trip.

The weather guy just said it's supposed to be the coldest night in nearly two years.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Liner, Lawson, and Foster stick with us and stay our defense has a good chance to be top ranked in the next few years, cause we have some touted freshmens and Sophmores.

Very unlikely given the offense we will run. Given that offense a team D in the 30s or 40s overall will have the team as a whole at a very high level.

Clearly we don't know how things will turn out, look at this year but can you name anyone with a SpreadISH offense that has had that kind of recruiting class on D? Would some of Urban Meyer's classes at UF qualify?

Yes. ..and no matter how talented a D is it's natural to give up a bit more when your offense is scoring fast and alot if for no other reason that how fast they are on the field and how many plays they have to play.

No offense, but why care where the D is statistically as long as they make stops when needed and we are winning like 2010. We should be looking at wins and point differential between AU and opponents. A 21 point win is a 21 point win whether the score was 42-21 or 21-0 at least with the 42 point type games there is more action.

If Liner, Lawson, and Foster stick with us and stay our defense has a good chance to be top ranked in the next few years, cause we have some touted freshmens and Sophmores.

Very unlikely given the offense we will run. Given that offense a team D in the 30s or 40s overall will have the team as a whole at a very high level.

Clearly we don't know how things will turn out, look at this year but can you name anyone with a SpreadISH offense that has had that kind of recruiting class on D? Would some of Urban Meyer's classes at UF qualify?

Yes. ..and no matter how talented a D is it's natural to give up a bit more when your offense is scoring fast and alot if for no other reason that how fast they are on the field and how many plays they have to play.

No offense, but why care where the D is statistically as long as they make stops when needed and we are winning like 2010. We should be looking at wins and point differential between AU and opponents. A 21 point win is a 21 point win whether the score was 42-21 or 21-0 at least with the 42 point type games there is more action.

That was the whole point of my post.

Only 2 types of folks in Seattle. Those who would take a street sweepers job to stay and those that would take one to leave. The former have seen the summer while the latter have not.

WDE (2 Year Puyallup survivor)

For those that do want a statistical comparison of our defense to others with traditional offenses it would be most accurate if they listed pts/poss and yards/poss and pct of 3 and outs to factor out a lot of the variables that don't tell the true story of a HUNH defense. The same could be used with the offense for the same reasons.

For those that do want a statistical comparison of our defense to others with traditional offenses it would be most accurate if they listed pts/poss and yards/poss and pct of 3 and outs to factor out a lot of the variables that don't tell the true story of a HUNH defense. The same could be used with the offense for the same reasons.

Great point.

Stats are for chumps (with sincere apologies to those of you that love them!). It's the W's that count.

Stats are for chumps (with sincere apologies to those of you that love them!). It's the W's that count.

And my point is with an elite O a good D gets many Ws.

It would be nice if Foster will be recruiting for us that last weekend before signing day.He could help keep guys on board and who knows,maybe help land Adams.If all of those guys show up for this last visit,we could be looking at a top ten class.

Guest jojo1515

Well as signing day gets closer, Foster, Liner and Lawson will change their minds and will become Auburn Tigers.

2 of them are currently committed to AU. How could they change their minds and come to AU?

Well as signing day gets closer, Foster, Liner and Lawson will change their minds and will become Auburn Tigers.

2 of them are currently committed to AU. How could they change their minds and come to AU?

Even though they are "committed", we might not be their leader

Even though they are "committed", we might not be their leader

The irony is I feel better about the uncommitted one than the committed ones.

If I had to rate the commitment of these guys on a scale of 1-10....they would be about a 3 or 4....and I expect the coaching staff feels that way too, thus their efforts to get some JUCOs lined up for the coming season.

Would be nice to have any or all of those guys attend AU but frankly, I'm not counting on it.

If I had to rate the commitment of these guys on a scale of 1-10....they would be about a 3 or 4....and I expect the coaching staff feels that way too, thus their efforts to get some JUCOs lined up for the coming season.

Would be nice to have any or all of those guys attend AU but frankly, I'm not counting on it.

I'm in the boat with ya.

Reuben said Washington has a good shot at getting him. He will OV Bama next week, then UGA on the 25th, and either Auburn or FSU on Feb 1. M.y response is there is no way in the world he goes 3,000 miles from his daughter

Guest jojo1515

Reuben said Washington has a good shot at getting him. He will OV Bama next week, then UGA on the 25th, and either Auburn or FSU on Feb 1. M.y response is there is no way in the world he goes 3,000 miles from his daughter

He also said it was freezing (I think it was him) I am guessing he just enjoys the game or is really undecided. When I was a hs senior, most colleges were impressive in their own way I supposr.

He's just taking a free trip to the west coast. I would too if I was him. Heck, if Hawaii wanted me to come out there for a visit, I'd be gone like a flash. Why? because it's free and I've never been to Hawaii before.

He's just taking a free trip to the west coast. I would too if I was him. Heck, if Hawaii wanted me to come out there for a visit, I'd be gone like a flash. Why? because it's free and I've never been to Hawaii before.

I got my invitation to Hawaii. You didn't get yours?

The whole crew packed up and moved to Auburn. They could move to anywhere Rueben wants to play football just as easily.

Rueben has made comments that would suggest his mom is not moving from Auburn and has found her home for the near future.

Moving from Troup County/Legrange to Auburn is way different than moving from Legrange to Seattle. Not to mention his mom moved due to getting a new job according to the official report. I don't hear her having a new job/job offer in Seattle

Something tells me it won't be difficult for his mother to "find a job" no matter where he chooses to attend college. Just saying.

I just hope she enjoys her current job to the point that she can see herself retiring from there in approximately 3-4 years when Reuben steps up to the NFL and can take care of her and his daughter.

Archived