2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were to give a message to Reuben, I would tell him that is understandable that he is emotional. Some adults built a relationship with him, painted a great picture of how things would be and were going to be there to help him. And now those adults are gone and he doesn't really know what to think. The truth is, now is the time to make the adult decision that is best for him and his family. If Reuben pays attention, he will find that Auburn is more than a few individual people, it is the collective of all the people. It is the atmosphere. It is the culture. It is the tradition. Decide on those things, Reuben, not the individual coaches! (I loved those coaches too, but they didn't get the job done. But Auburn still stands and Auburn is still the same...) War Eagle!

Spoke to a very close family friend to Reuben and they told me that he is a very emotional young man. He was obviously very upset when Troop was let go but he was definitely warming back up to Auburn. He also went on to say he was getting a lot of pressure from his former hometown of Lagrange to attend Georgia but he thinks he will ultimately stay close to his mom and daughter. He has Reuben signing with Auburn on NSD.

Also spoke with Jason Bray (Quan Bray's uncle and former Auburn Tiger) which is also very close to Reuben and he also said that Reuben lets his emotions get the best of him. He also believes that Reuben signs with Auburn.

Thanks for the update. It's good to know that Reuben is close to the Bray family. I met Jason's mother while he was at Auburn, good people.

ST must have moved to Winston county....

The Free State of Winston.

We've got one of those in Mississippi...The free state of Jones (Jones Co.). True story and that's my 15 minutes of fame.

Hey AUinMS I graduated from Poplarville,Pearl River, and wife is from Okolona.....We went to Delta State University at Cleveland..and i Pastored at Bruce,West Point, and at Meridian. We have been all over Mississippi from North to South,East to West.

We had snow flurries today :).

Don't suppose you would be willing to dress up in some UW gear, find Reuben, then hit him in the face with a snowball while yelling roll tide? We can probably take a collection to assist with medical expenses. <_<

We had snow flurries today :).

Don't suppose you would be willing to dress up in some UW gear, find Reuben, then hit him in the face with a snowball while yelling roll tide? We can probably take a collection to assist with medical expenses. <_<

:) and we did have really strong winds a couple of days ago. No inside information but I would be stunned if Reuben chose UW. It's cool he is getting to visit Seattle, but PAC-12 football gameday is completely different than SEC football. I have been to games at UW, Washington State, and Colorado. It's fun, but does not have the nearly the same intensity as down south. They are completely renovating the UW stadium currently, and had removed the north half of the stadium at one point. The Huskies are supposed to play back at their home stadium in the fall after playing in the Seahawk's stadium this season. I am not sure what condition the stadium is in currently, but there were a ton of cranes around it the last time I drove by. It is cool to look over Lake Washington during the game when it's sunny and lots of folks have come to the game by boat. But it's nothing like the electricity in Jordan Hare. If Reuben signs with Auburn, he will own the campus with his charisma. If he chose UW, I doubt most students would even recognize his name.

UW has a great game day environment IMO. Love the scene around their and the tailgating by boat. It's not SEC but it's pretty big time. For me, I fell in love with Seattle, and lived there for 10 years..... It could happen to him too, but doubtful.

Been there too. Love the UW campus, maybe the best looking I have seen. But that stadium looked like a big HS stadium but with crazy steep bleachers like the upperdecks at LSU. Guessing it must look much better after renovations.

If Liner, Lawson, and Foster stick with us and stay our defense has a good chance to be top ranked in the next few years, cause we have some touted freshmens and Sophmores.

Very unlikely given the offense we will run. Given that offense a team D in the 30s or 40s overall will have the team as a whole at a very high level.

If Liner, Lawson, and Foster stick with us and stay our defense has a good chance to be top ranked in the next few years, cause we have some touted freshmens and Sophmores.

Very unlikely given the offense we will run. Given that offense a team D in the 30s or 40s overall will have the team as a whole at a very high level.

Clearly we don't know how things will turn out, look at this year but can you name anyone with a SpreadISH offense that has had that kind of recruiting class on D? Would some of Urban Meyer's classes at UF qualify?

Clearly we don't know how things will turn out, look at this year but can you name anyone with a SpreadISH offense that has had that kind of recruiting class on D? Would some of Urban Meyer's classes at UF qualify?

Yes. ..and no matter how talented a D is it's natural to give up a bit more when your offense is scoring fast and alot if for no other reason that how fast they are on the field and how many plays they have to play.

Yes, but plenty of plays for individual accomplishment as well. Spread teams will give up more but look at Fairley in 2010. He saved our ass more than once. Good defensive players on the field may have skewed stats as a unit, but they still have a chance to shine individually. And this offense is not new, NFL scouts know to overlook the numbers on these type of teams.

According to his Twitter, he's cold:

@reubenfoster_FG

Man it's so COLD!!! Up here in Washington Felt like Gucci BURR!!!

29 degree's :dead:

I hope it's in the low teens in the morning. Hope the cereal is soggy. Hope the women are homely and very plump. Hope it sleets/snows. Hope he is absolutely miserable. Hope he gets delayed, by at least an hour, on the tarmac. Other than that, I hope he has a good trip.

Archived