2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saben has already started "processing" players out by sending 2 home for breaking curfew

Might not be too wise to throw stones when we don't know if this house we're building will be made of glass.

He just doesn't want the bammers to be spurned by the same player twice.

Foster is all but committed to Auburn. It will be public again soon.

Glad to see you post again IHB , I remember you calling the Ted Roof dismissal days before anyone else. I don't

understand some people on this site, they want information but when you give them information that for some reason

doesn't come to fruition they're ready to throw you to the wolves. I have seen this happen over & over (IHB, Ellitor, ST,

AuPops, WarDamn Eagle, KK, Smurphy, and the list goes on). I appreciate what information you can share and if it happens,

it happens, and if it doesn't , I will be waiting for the next nugget you put out there. Thanks & War Eagle!!!!

So serious question that i'm sure has been asked already.

When RF gets here do you think we will want to build on his frame or slim him down?

When RF gets here do you think we will want to build on his frame or slim him down?

I would assume bulk him up a bit more if he is going to be the middle monster

He's already down to 234 from 250 last I heard.

I think he's around 230# right now. That'll probably be his playing weight even if he is listed in the 240# range.

Well the common answer is to bulk up, however it was mentioned numerous times how everyone was impressed with his play at the UAAAB once he slimmed down. Was it fat?

@eagledamnwar_Earlier, Andrew Bone wrote that Nick Saban turned down Foster's attempts to get back in with bama. I can believe it as bama is suddenly gone

translation: " I am a bammer homer and I have to make it look like any top recruit that rejects bama, wasn't wanted by bama in the first place, because it would be too much of a blow to our low self esteem for other fans to think we were rejected. If we don't get a player it was because they don't want to compete, they aren't good enough or we don't want them. If I repeat this long enough I might at least convince myself. :blink:"

THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^ Great description of "revisionist history" and the denial-ain't-just-a-river. I read a post the other day that blatantly said that Alabama could have won the Texas A&M game. "Best one loss team in the country." They'll always be #1 at SPIN.

Consider this: "Is Alabama blessed or entitled to be playing tonight?" Consider all that had to happen. The answer I hear from most fans explains why I just can't pull for them! And oh, how they tried to get me to, today! WHY does it matter so much if we are the ones that are supposed to have a "little brother complex"?

Well the common answer is to bulk up, however it was mentioned numerous times how everyone was impressed with his play at the UAAAB once he slimmed down. Was it fat?

Probably so. But...on the other comment, those were HS guys. I still think he could add 15-20 more lbs and maintain the speed. Ray Lewis anyone?

He's a lot better player at 230 than he was at 250. Draw your own conclusions, but I like the leaner, meaner Foster.

He's a lot better player at 230 than he was at 250. Draw your own conclusions, but I like the leaner, meaner Foster.

Big doesn't always equate stronger. Former LA Raider safety Eddie Anderson weighed 205 when he was in the NFL and he benched over 600 lbs and could lay a lick. Had the pleasure of working out with him my senior year of H.S, (We both graduated from Warner Robins High in GA) he was doing reps on the bench press of over 500 lbs like they were nothing.

Yep, I agree. 230 is his weight to be a force in college football. I hope he gets his head on his shoulders regardless of who he ends up playing for (AU).

230 is plenty big enough to play linebacker in college, but I suspect he will weigh more than that before he gets to the NFL, he'll simply add the weight through muscle density rather than eating too much junk food.

230 is plenty big enough to play linebacker in college, but I suspect he will weigh more than that before he gets to the NFL, he'll simply add the weight through muscle density rather than eating too much junk food.

Exactly.

As for the weight question, he's 18 years old. Almost every man I've ever known naturally added weight from 18-22. I'm a tiny fella, and I added 10-15 pounds of muscle in my first four years at Auburn (5 1/2 years... six football seasons... priorities). His proper playing weight at 18 years old very likely will not be the same as his proper playing weight at 20 years old. I'd expect him to come in slim and gain weight over time, without losing any speed/agility.

As for the weight question, he's 18 years old. Almost every man I've ever known naturally added weight from 18-22. I'm a tiny fella, and I added 10-15 pounds of muscle in my first four years at Auburn (5 1/2 years... six football seasons... priorities). His proper playing weight at 18 years old very likely will not be the same as his proper playing weight at 20 years old. I'd expect him to come in slim and gain weight over time, without losing any speed/agility.

That's my point, I just didn't feel I needed to put it into sooo many words to get the point across.

Keep him basically where he is, maybe up to 240LBS. He plays much better at 234 lbs than he did at 252 lbs.

At 230-235 he is quicker but still packs a punch at the point of attack. Right now at his age, at 250 he is carrying around a 15- 20 pound bag of fat and all it does is slow his reaction time. He can carry another 10 pounds on the strength program as he matures but it will be muscle and he will still be lean and quick.

Funny, I was there for 5.5 years and 6 football seasons too!! However my last season (98) was not nearly as memorable as my first (93). I gained quite a bit more than 10-15 lbs of muscle though in that time. Sadly, it was table muscle!!! Those awesome chicken biscuits in the basement of Haley center and large cokes every morning never helped!! They were so good though!!!

Archived