2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

No they don't NEED to bend over backwards for him. However, they have always been a team that would sign a recruit to keep them from coming to auburn. Knowing the history they have of doing this, I have to question the truthfulness of Andrew bone's statement.

For this reason alone Andrew Bone is full of it. Saban would sign him not only because he is one of the top players in the nation, but the double whammy of keeping him from AU. You can believe that.

Andrew Bone is stupid to think ANYONE believes Saban would act like a scorned woman when it comes to Foster. If Foster wanted to go to Bama, he would be there. PERIOD. He doesn't...and they need another excuse for why he is spurning Bama again since they no longer can cry Trooper foul.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama doesn't have room and more importantly he has burned too many bridges. They are stacked, they aren't in a position where they need to bend over backwards for a kid that spurned them.

Oh, you mean like they wouldn't take Brent Calloway back after he spurned them? That deal ring a bell with you? Except Foster is a MUCH better prospect than Calloway ever thought about being.

Andrew Bone will always lie when he can make UAT look better. Never forget that.

Wasn't there a report that at the time AU hired Malzahn over Kirby Smart that Smart was actually paying a visit to Reuben Foster? I do believe I read that. Alabama would take Foster back in a heartbeat. He's way too talented for them not to.

For a guy who isn't even concidering us anymore he sure is going a long way out of his way to sell it. I see the plan though. Continue to talk to other recruites about Auburn and how they should join him there. Make a visit to Auburn just to throw everyone off. And then start a rumor that Alabama won't take him back because Nick Saban won't talk to the best Linebacker in the Country just to confuse us. This guy is very devious. If all that's true then the CIA has job for him after graduation.

So... basically, Auburn hires this smashing staff of top recruiters and coaches including D. Craig and Garner, and out of all of them Reuben loves the 60+ year old white guy the best :laugh:

I believe the words he used were "old, funny, sweet and cool ", kinda like his "Grandad". B)

For a guy who isn't even concidering us anymore he sure is going a long way out of his way to sell it. I see the plan though. Continue to talk to other recruites about Auburn and how they should join him there. Make a visit to Auburn just to throw everyone off. And then start a rumor that Alabama won't take him back because Nick Saban won't talk to the best Linebacker in the Country just to confuse us. This guy is very devious. If all that's true then the CIA has job for him after graduation.

He never said nor implied he was not considering us anymore.

@eagledamnwar_Earlier, Andrew Bone wrote that Nick Saban turned down Foster's attempts to get back in with bama. I can believe it as bama is suddenly gone

translation: " I am a bammer homer and I have to make it look like any top recruit that rejects bama, wasn't wanted by bama in the first place, because it would be too much of a blow to our low self esteem for other fans to think we were rejected. If we don't get a player it was because they don't want to compete, they aren't good enough or we don't want them. If I repeat this long enough I might at least convince myself. :blink:"

I was just making fun of the post that said he wasn't considering us anymore.

Bama would process a kid in a heart beat to get Foster. He is an elite LB and will be an All American in a couple of years. Bone is an idiot who is playing to his subscription base.

He just doesn't want the bammers to be spurned by the same player twice.

Foster is all but committed to Auburn. It will be public again soon.

Reminds me of Ray Drew situation. I hope he don't do the same.

Drew was never publicly committed to Auburn.

e, i think your sarcasm detector is turned off ...

e, i think your sarcasm detector is turned off ...

I was the reason for the yellow sarcasm font remember. lol

Speaking of Drew, is he still at thUGa? I haven't heard of peep from him as far as playing time is concerned. I even heard Jordan Jenkins' name a couple times during their bowl game.

Speaking of Drew, is he still at thUGa? I haven't heard of peep from him as far as playing time is concerned. I even heard Jordan Jenkins' name a couple times during their bowl game.

Yes. There was an article about how good he thought Garner was after we got him.

I'm still holding out hope that our 3 (5 star) defensive players in Foster, Liner and Lawson will become Auburn Tigers on signing day.

Archived