2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

does anyone thing we might be going after foster less because of the 4-2-5? i think that would make linemen and db's more important than linebackers

I do believe Foster is one of the top priorities!! Along with Carl, Dee and Montravious on the D side

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone thing we might be going after foster less because of the 4-2-5? i think that would make linemen and db's more important than linebackers

That's a big negative sir.

According to some things I read about the system, CEJ wants a big, physically dominating MLB. RF would be the perfect match to what we're looking for and CEJ has 31 years of experience to impart.

If your team would like to make tackles on defense and other beneficial plays you want a player like Foster. He fits literally every scheme out there

If your team would like to make tackles on defense and other beneficial plays you want a player like Foster. He fits literally every scheme out there

This. But it's especially important to have a guy of his type of make in the 4-2-5, I would think, due to there only being two true linebackers and the need to be able to smother the run.

I wouldn't get too caught up on the 4-2-5 deal...we still will play multiple fronts and with all the spread teams now we mostly played with 2 true lbs anyways.. the only difference is ellis will know how to utilize a player such as bates

Foster looked great during the UA All Star practices and game. Great size and speed for a MLBer. He is the MLBer that we need so badly. Plus he seems to love the game and has a personality that makes everyone on the team better. Sorta a Cam attitude. And everyone knows how much we need some real leaders on this team.

@eagledamnwar_Earlier, Andrew Bone wrote that Nick Saban turned down Foster's attempts to get back in with bama. I can believe it as bama is suddenly gone

good! Maybe it will piss him off and motivate him to sign with auburn and take it out on bama during the iron bowl for the next 2-3 years.

@eagledamnwar_Earlier, Andrew Bone wrote that Nick Saban turned down Foster's attempts to get back in with bama. I can believe it as bama is suddenly gone

I find it hard to believe that Saban turned Foster down. Maybe this is just one more line in the old bamzo song "we didn't want him anyway"? If there ever was a born bammer, it's A. Bone. I never believe anything he writes unless I see it somewhere else that doesn't credit him.

I find it hard to believe that Saban turned Foster down. Maybe this is just one more line in the old bamzo song "we didn't want him anyway"? If there ever was a born bammer, it's A. Bone. I never believe anything he writes unless I see it somewhere else that doesn't credit him.

Total load of crap right there

Bama doesn't have room and more importantly he has burned too many bridges. They are stacked, they aren't in a position where they need to bend over backwards for a kid that spurned them.

No they don't NEED to bend over backwards for him. However, they have always been a team that would sign a recruit to keep them from coming to auburn. Knowing the history they have of doing this, I have to question the truthfulness of Andrew bone's statement.

So... basically, Auburn hires this smashing staff of top recruiters and coaches including D. Craig and Garner, and out of all of them Reuben loves the 60+ year old white guy the best :laugh:

So... basically, Auburn hires this smashing staff of top recruiters and coaches including D. Craig and Garner, and out of all of them Reuben loves the 60+ year old white guy the best :laugh:/>

I thought the same thing. He likes him b\c he reminds him of his granddad? Always interesting to see what is important. RF has always been huge on personal connections. Bring him home pawpaw Johnson!

So... basically, Auburn hires this smashing staff of top recruiters and coaches including D. Craig and Garner, and out of all of them Reuben loves the 60+ year old white guy the best :laugh:/>

I thought the same thing. He likes him b\c he reminds him of his granddad? Always interesting to see what is important. RF has always been huge on personal connections. Bring him home pawpaw Johnson!

I don't care who he likes as long as he goes to AU!

Experience, lots of it. A lot of championship caliber players have developed under his watch.

Bama doesn't have room and more importantly he has burned too many bridges. They are stacked, they aren't in a position where they need to bend over backwards for a kid that spurned them.

Your first mistake is that you freely assume that Bone is correct about Reuben asking to "get back in with Bama". Your second mistake is to think that Saban cares about anything besides winning. If anything, Saban had the idea that Foster was just going to "consider" Bama before choosing Auburn, again.

Your first mistake is that you freely assume that Bone is correct about Reuben asking to "get back in with Bama". Your second mistake is to think that Saban cares about anything besides winning. If anything, Saban had the idea that Foster was just going to "consider" Bama before choosing Auburn, again.

This

Winning is the end all, period.

If anyone hasn't seen the numerous interviews with Saban this year, he states winning = happiness to him. It's up to you to decide how you win and at what cost to your recruits. Tuscaloosa is littered with "failed" 4 and 5* players who have transferred to other schools because they did not fit the current mold - which is always changing.

Archived