2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

http://auburn.rivals...asp?CID=1455750

free brief interview with Lawson, Liner, Foster, Robinson. Basically just clowning around. Seems like they're having fun down there together

i think it's pretty obvious from this video that reuben is coming to auburn and he and his buddies are having fun with it and "trolling" ppl. he has a terrible poker face (unlike his carl and dee who were straight faced and playing it up nicely) and couldnt help but smile when he said he wasnt committed to auburn. come on now. id bet a lot of money hes coming to auburn.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where are we with RF, is he leaning toward us with xCTT not going anywhere this year?

I think it's too early to say Trooper isn't going to be on staff somewhere in 2013, unless he's flat out said he's taking the year off and I missed it.

So where are we with RF, is he leaning toward us with xCTT not going anywhere this year?

from everything i have heard/read/witnessed personally, i'd say it is completely safe to say (objectively) that he is "leaning" towards auburn.

subjectively, i'd say his mind his made up. but, that's IMO

You guys think he's basically committed to auburn again and just waiting til NSD to announce?

First, I'm not an insider.

Next, I have a hard time understanding why any recruit would go out of his way to encourage players to come to AU without he himself feeling very strongly about coming to AU.

Didn't that QB Winston recruit people to Florida State but didn't actually sign there?

You guys think he's basically committed to auburn again and just waiting til NSD to announce?

Next, I have a hard time understanding why any recruit would go out of his way to encourage players to come to AU without he himself feeling very strongly about coming to AU.

Didn't that QB Winston recruit people to Florida State but didn't actually sign there?

Hmmm??? Not sure if serious...

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/winston_jameis00.html

Winston is with FSU. I wish he would transfer to AU....that being said I think Johnson will be terrific.

He is an Auburn lean regardless with what happens with Troop.

does anyone know who puts together the Rivals "Hotboards"??

Hoke does these and he has his finger on the pulse of recruiting. He's not just doing it to get website hits....if he bumps someone up or down, it's usually because he has first hand knowledge or a good reason to do so. I've found usually the percentage number is not as important as the direction of the arrow....if things are heating up, you'll see an up arrow, if things are cooling down, you'll see a down arrow.

The change on Foster had little to do with new information and more to do with correcting a mistake. The mistake was that it was incorrect to have Foster so high when everything he has said suggests he hasn't decided and looking at everyone. In Foster's words he is confused. JLee would have Foster at 80% because of college clothing choices of his family and talking about Auburn to other recruits, all things that aren't concrete and don't for sure mean anything. Hoke is a lot more conservative and goes based off conversations he has had with recruits and people who speak on their behalf

I'm not an insider but I know that's not true. Maybe he isn't considering Auburn maybe he has his mind made up to go there. That could be true. But to say he isn't even considering Auburn is flat out wrong.

From Rivals uat homer Andrew Bone (Moderator I think):

Andrew Bone

Post #1952

MyFanPage

Add Buddy

Ignore

Re: Bo Scarbough tell AB about silent commit Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will talk more about it later. Bo said the guy who is committed should be obvious by now. He told me who it is, but I can't reveal at this time. It is someone I have felt for several months will sign with Alabama.

Scarbrough also told me that he speaks with Reuben Foster almost every day. He said Reuben is "definitely not signing with Auburn." I asked him if he thought Reuben may end up back at Alabama. His response was, "I don't think they will let him back. I wish he would, but I don't think they will let him."

I thought that was very interesting. Most think it's Georgia. LSU is a contender. Bo also said Reuben for some reason really likes Washington. He said he knows where Reuben plans on signing, but can't say anything right now. Of course anything can happen between now and signing day.

** The silent is Dee Liner

Andrew Bone

Post #1952

MyFanPage

Add Buddy

Ignore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will talk more about it later. Bo said the guy who is committed should be obvious by now. He told me who it is, but I can't reveal at this time. It is someone I have felt for several months will sign with Alabama.

Scarbrough also told me that he speaks with Reuben Foster almost every day. He said Reuben is "definitely not signing with Auburn." I asked him if he thought Reuben may end up back at Alabama. His response was, "I don't think they will let him back. I wish he would, but I don't think they will let him."

I thought that was very interesting. Most think it's Georgia. LSU is a contender. Bo also said Reuben for some reason really likes Washington. He said he knows where Reuben plans on signing, but can't say anything right now. Of course anything can happen between now and signing day.

The only reason I can't believe this is that

1) Foster's family decked out in AU.

2) People actually at the Under Armour game have randomly reported that they overhear the players saying different things, "we going to AU", blah blah. JMO but I can't believe that Scarborough said that.

Well then someone is lying. I think most AU fans have seen this play out before - like the last few years. AU seems to get played every year by uat.

I will say this...at least RF had the decency to decommit a month before signing day. He is not playing games behind the scenes.

In recruiting and message boards someone is always lying. People say they know stuff all the time to get things stirred up. Especially in a dead period. When they are proven wrong they just say things changed or something to that effect.

In recruiting and message boards someone is always lying. People say they know stuff all the time to get things stirred up. Especially in a dead period. When they are proven wrong they just say things changed or something to that effect.

I have not followed recruiting very closely, until the last few years. What I have figured out....nobody knows anything and there is no such thing as a sure thing. I have seen "locks" go somewhere else. I have seen guys sign with us that we had no idea we were going to get.

I have not followed recruiting very closely, until the last few years. What I have figured out....nobody knows anything and there is no such thing as a sure thing. I have seen "locks" go somewhere else. I have seen guys sign with us that we had no idea we were going to get.

Ding ding ding

We really have no idea what these young men are going to do. Heck, I feel that most of them don't even know what they will do. The way I see it is that we have a quality experienced staff with accomplished recruiting resumes. If we are going to pull\retain these guys we have an excellent chance to sell CGM's vision. We will be fine but it sure is fun to see the momentum building for Auburn again.

Andrew Bone

Post #1952

MyFanPage

Add Buddy

Ignore

A Bone is a bammer homer so I take it with a grain of salt! This is contradictory to everything Reuben has been saying, best for family, close to home, etc... I call a huge BS on everything said !!

Reuben has had 2 big tackles so far, although he's been a little too early on his first steps and he starts leaning before the play starts. However he definitely brings the wood

Also just covered OJ Howard tremendously well

Archived