2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reuben, you listening?

Yes. A4E, you talking?

No, but Coach Malzahn IS!

Oh. Is he the unknown number calling from the Auburn area?

Does this really help with Lawson? Remember, he was quite pissed at his state school for being very late to offer. His coach would have been Garner. This may bring Monty and Foster back into the fold, but I'm afraid it drives Lawson off.

Does this really help with Lawson? Remember, he was quite pissed at his state school for being very late to offer. His coach would have been Garner. This may bring Monty and Foster back into the fold, but I'm afraid it drives Lawson off.

Don't really thing so but we shalll see

I cant imagine he'd hold Garner personally responsible for what he perceives as a late offer. I'd also imagine Rodney knows just what to say to Carl now.

No Lawson would've been an OLB in the UGA scheme. He's a true rush end in a 4 man front.

Was Garner recruiting Foster to thUGA?

I think the Garner hire brings Foster back to AU!

No but our coaches already felt Good about Foster after a couple meetings they had with him last weekend.

Very valid concern.

I cant imagine he'd hold Garner personally responsible for what he perceives as a late offer. I'd also imagine Rodney knows just what to say to Carl now.

That is exactly my thought too.

That is exactly my thoughts too.

Agreed. Garner prefers a 4 man attacking front. He gets to recruit to it now with Carl.

I think when CRG was announced as a new coach for AU, there was a collective gasp of apprehension by bammers far and wide.

I think when CRG was announced as a new coach for AU, there was a collective gasp of apprehension by bammers far and wide.

I think the ones who aren't entirely delusional have been getting more and more worried ever since Malzahn was hired.

I think the ones who aren't entirely delusional have been getting more and more worried ever since Malzahn was hired.

So, you're saying none of them are worried ....

yes!

No, I'm saying the bammers aren't worried, while the Bama fans are quite worried. ;)

Don't you love it too.

Don't you love it too.

Oh absolutely. Reminds me of back in 09, when a bammer coworker, attempting to belittle me, made a comment alluding to Malzahn about how I had to know we weren't going to keep him for very long. I just smiled and asked if that was because we would do so well that he would move up quickly, or if we would do so poorly that we'd fire him. He put on his deer in the headlights look for about a beat and a half, then put his head down and walked out of the break room quickly and without saying anything.

Also reminds me of immediately after that season, when Bama was celebrating the national championship and that same coworker was unable to break my shell because all I had to do was point at recruiting (not to mention the results of the Iron Bowl, when even being completely outmatched, we took 'em down to the wire...and would have won if just one of the two or three illegal picks set to free Julio on that final drive had been called) as evidence that we weren't going away. Now, I don't think we'll be countering this year's likely NC for Bama with another of our own, but I do expect that we're going to get right back up off the mat and come out swinging early and often. If Little Nicky ends up bolting (and I'm torn on whether I think he will or not), they're going to start feeling even more of a chill start to run up their spines, too.

Again, this IS the actual Bama fans we're talking about, not the bammers, who have no spine in the first place. :laugh:

Will Reuben be an NSD?

According to his friends in Auburn, he is going to take a few visits in Jan. and then announce either at NSD or close to. From what I could read he is just wants to not make any more commitments till it is the final one. That is good news for us, at this point I think AU has better than even odds. But this is just second hand info., so take it for what it is worth.

Archived