2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

If football is his means to an on-the-field education/player development with an opportunity of playing at the professional level, which there is nothing wrong with, he may choose to go else where. Again, because of the uncertainty at Auburn.

No matter who the coaching staff is, we are always in ap osition as a SEC school, to put players into the NFL.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If football is his means to an on-the-field education/player development with an opportunity of playing at the professional level, which there is nothing wrong with, he may choose to go else where. Again, because of the uncertainty at Auburn.

No matter who the coaching staff is, we are always in a position as a SEC school, to put players into the NFL.

True, but how soon can we right the ship?

No matter who the coaching staff is, we are always in a position as a SEC school, to put players into the NFL.

True, but how soon can we right the ship?

Ole Miss had its boat upside down and has manged to put a few big names in the NFL recently (Patrick Willis for example!). Cutler was on a 6 win Vandy. Karlos Dansby didnt do to bad in what was a 'Huge' letdown season. Top NFL talent finds its way. If it was all about HAVING to have a great coaching staff to get a kid to the NFL then Aldon Smith probably would not have been top 10 in 2011 nor would Luke Kuechy from this past season. That is unless you consider Mizzou and Boston College great places for LB coaches (Should someone tell Gus where to look? lol).

I don't know if this has already been posted but I read this and it seems very interesting... May be most of the reason we can keep him at Auburn since it's so close to his family and home.

http://www.saturdayd...-daycare-pitch/

Well, it depends. If football is a means to an academic education in the classroom (in the traditional form), then with all the uncertainties at Auburn me may still choose to come. If football is his means to an on-the-field education/player development with an opportunity of playing at the professional level, which there is nothing wrong with, he may choose to go else where. Again, because of the uncertainty at Auburn.

For the record I would like for him to come to Auburn, but only if Auburn gives him the best the opportunity to achieve his dream, whatever that might be.

:headscratch:

What in the worldare you talking about? I received my degree at Auburn and didn't play football. There are also several student athletes who graduated while playing football...? Auburn is an excellent institution for students and student-athletes alike.

I don't know if this has already been posted but I read this and it seems very interesting... May be most of the reason we can keep him at Auburn since it's so close to his family and home.

http://www.saturdayd...-daycare-pitch/

Well, it depends. If football is a means to an academic education in the classroom (in the traditional form), then with all the uncertainties at Auburn me may still choose to come. If football is his means to an on-the-field education/player development with an opportunity of playing at the professional level, which there is nothing wrong with, he may choose to go else where. Again, because of the uncertainty at Auburn.

For the record I would like for him to come to Auburn, but only if Auburn gives him the best the opportunity to achieve his dream, whatever that might be.

:headscratch:

What in the worldare you talking about? I received my degree at Auburn and didn't play football. There are also several student athletes who graduated while playing football...? Auburn is an excellent institution for students and student-athletes alike.

I think he means on field education as in moving on the NFL... ie majoring in Professional Football... If that's what his goals are, he may choose to go elsewhere.

If Auburn ends up landing reuben we can all thank Jeremy Johnson!

This^^^ JJ has been a big help since Gus was hired. It was Lawson, Liner, and Foster that were the vocal ones now alittle more JJ and ER from Pinson.. Wish we had a few more players on D being as vocal.. Also think whoever we hire (big hire or not) will help period

Reuben Foster could be great for a young, up and coming Auburn defense. He has nice size and can move around well so that could be tremendous push for the defense after this past season.

I think that Georgia loss in the SEC championship really hurts them because they are losing a lot of seniors and that defense won't be the same next year, at all. It also shows that Georgia may never get over that hump and I think this kid wants to play for a National Championship and anyone with half a brain knows Auburn could be in the running for it in two seasons with Malzahns high paced offense.

If the wide receivers can develop under new coaching, watch out. Coach Malzahn and Lashlee can really let loose because they can spend more time with the quarterbacks like they did with Cam in 2010.

Hey fish, welcome to AUF. War Eagle! I see in your signature it says you were a staff member on the 2010 squad; bet that was an awesome experience.

Hey fish, welcome to AUF. War Eagle! I see in your signature it says you were a staff member on the 2010 squad; bet that was an awesome experience.

It was a great experience that came from a lot of time and hard work, met some good people and had some good times . Thank you for the welcome.

Just curious, how does 466 pages stand in the all-time thread count?

Nowhere close if you include old AE threads, which I think were all merged. The original "Asylum" thread was much longer, but it somehow got deleted earlier this year. Not sure about old AUF threads.

Just curious, how does 466 pages stand in the all-time thread count?

Nowhere close if you include old AE threads, which I think were all merged. The original "Asylum" thread was much longer, but it somehow got deleted earlier this year. Not sure about old AUF threads.

How many pages was the Lache thread? I was trying to remember earlier, but couldn't.

Any update on this kid? For someone reason I feel he ends up back at AU. I think he was bothered when TT got fired and now that things have settled down he's realizing he still wants to be at Auburn. Also, per twitter, he spent alot of time hanging out with Dee, Earnest, Cam, and Jeremy at the Alabama all stars and it seems they are all really close. Definitely helps

IF he has been hired, I feel like it solidifies Liners & Lawson's committment to AU, as well as puts us back in the hunt for Adams, which could in turn bring Foster back.

I need to go get my eyes checked. I am seeing double.

I need to go get my eyes checked. I am seeing double.

Wow seeing double of Golf must be rough for you.........

Wow seeing double of Golf must be rough for you.........

If we get Garner we may get 4 surprise d lineman including Adams. Foster and Tray Matthews. Would be a big pickup! Also UGA is toast. Love this noise Gus is making.

+1

If we get Garner we may get 4 surprise d lineman including Adams. Foster and Tray Matthews. Would be a big pickup! Also UGA is toast. Love this noise Gus is making.

Well, we got him! Welcome home coach!!!!

Anybody else so excited that they can't sleep? Or is the world really ending?

Anybody else so excited that they can't sleep? Or is the world really ending?

1. yes

2. It's been 12/21 in China for a while now. ;)

Archived