2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

How in the hell did this get to 458 pages?????

Probably because there is still a small few idiots, like myself, that would much rather see Johnson, Reuben, Liner, and Robinson playing for us and not the other SEC teams. Hell, I would take TJ Yeldon transfer papers with open arms in a heart beat. But I am just an idiot poster who thinks they know it all and just wants Auburn to be average. So since I know nothing about college football I will continue to be stupidly intersted in the decision that Foster makes.

Have you seen Foster play? I have. Slower than I thought. Montavious Admas is critical.

I have not seen him in person so I will have to trust you on your description of his perceived speed. How fast do you feel a 240 lb high school linebacker is supposed to be? I never wanted him for his speed. I was under the impression that he was one of the best middle linebackers in the nation at stopping the run.

Yes sir. Hes already built like a pro, speed will get better. I'm pretty sure we'll get him. Nice kid.

His habit of trying to arm tackle alot will need to be coached out of him as well. But thats we pay millions to the coaches

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, Liner is more than 80% Auburn. I don't care what the recruiting sites say, he's rock solid. Lawson might waver, but I really doubt it, especially if we bring in the Clemson coach to our line. Robinson is also rock solid since Malzahn was hired. Thus, if that statement is true, Reuben will be going to Auburn.

First off, Liner is more than 80% Auburn. I don't care what the recruiting sites say, he's rock solid. Lawson might waver, but I really doubt it, especially if we bring in the Clemson coach to our line. Robinson is also rock solid since Malzahn was hired. Thus, if that statement is true, Reuben will be going to Auburn.

And I will be dancing :bananadance::party::Sing::bananadance::hellyeah:

Foster weighed over 250 when he was at the opening in the summer, now he weighs about 235. He has regained any speed he lost.

Have you seen him in person? Does he have the body frame to bulk up to 250 lbs of playing weight in a few years?

so let me try and figure this out your saying 50/50 right?

so let me try and figure this out your saying 50/50 right?

Tattoo is still worth something. More like 51/49

Foster weighed over 250 when he was at the opening in the summer, now he weighs about 235. He has regained any speed he lost.

Have you seen him in person? Does he have the body frame to bulk up to 250 lbs of playing weight in a few years?

What if he doesn't? Josh Bynes played around 230 and he was plenty big. This "250 pound linebacker" stuff is way overrated. Give me a 220 pound guy that can run, hit and be in the right place at the right time and we've got a winner.

There is a good chance Foster ends up at Auburn as long as the fans don't screw it up.

I agree.

Totally agree. Need to be careful what you say about the recruits.

What if he doesn't? Josh Bynes played around 230 and he was plenty big. This "250 pound linebacker" stuff is way overrated. Give me a 220 pound guy that can run, hit and be in the right place at the right time and we've got a winner.

NOVA SAYS HELLO at 240!

Interesting comment considering the top tackling LB's in the nation are almost all 230+. Too bad Kirby Smart and Saban don't listen to your ideas.

I would take a 240 lbs linebacker like Spikes that can run, hit, and be in the right place at the right time anyday. 250 lbs is just me pushing the athletic envelope. Kind of like saying that I would love to have a 6'10" 255 lb Quarterback that can run and throw.

Interesting considering the top tackling LB's in the nation are almost all 230+. Too bad Kirby Smart and Saban don't listen to ideas.

I would take a 240 lbs linebacker like Spikes that can run, hit, and be in the right place at the right time anyday. 250 lbs is just me pushing the athletic envelope. Kind of like saying that I would love to have a 6'10" 255 lb Quarterback that can run and throw.

I would take a LB corps of Jason Miskas over what we've had this year!!!

I loved watching Jason play but didn't a big strong athletic freshman take alot of his playing time away his senior year?

For the record I think Bates held his own this year.

Yeah, but the guy had guts and passion. He played well beyond his 215lbs.

I loved watching Jason play but didn't a big strong athletic freshman take alot of his playing time away his senior year?

Yes he did.

Great Auburn player!!!

Please do not put a whole lot of stock into any comments that Reuben is not that fast. PURE MALARKEY! I saw every AHS home game this year and he is BIG and he is FAST! In fact, I made comments about his speed in the summaries I provided after a few games earlier in this thread. I also talked about how he is so fast that periodically he gets juked and goes flying by the ball carrier. He is getting better at down shifting to the right speed so he can break down and make the tackle. Admittedly, early in the season I was disappointed that his play was not equal to all the hype (during the Carver game for example). But by the end of the season he was playing much better. And yes, he was brought in as a big RB a lot this year, and NOT ALWAYS in goal line situations. And though everyone in the place knew he was going to get the ball, it was rare to see a defense stop him. And back to his speed, his first two steps were about all he needed to get up to full speed on either side of the ball, and he actually has pretty good vision and frequently would very smoothly sidestep a plugged hole without losing a step and was off to the races. I challenge anyone who doubts it to go look at his tapes on BOTH sides of the ball. I have provided a link here of just one highlight film. Make sure you watch the whole thing, because at about the 3 minute mark they change from his defensive plays to offensive plays. Oh, and also make sure you see the play at the 2 minute mark where he partially blocks the punt and then gets up, runs down the field and makes the tackle of the offensive guy who decides to try to run it for some reason. BOTTOM LINE: REUBEN IS BIG AND FAST!

NOVA SAYS HELLO at 240!

Interesting comment considering the top tackling LB's in the nation are almost all 230+. Too bad Kirby Smart and Saban don't listen to your ideas.

GOOD GOD, THAT'S A LOT OF EAGLE!

I know you weren't talking about the eagle but you gave me an awesome visual of a 240 lb golden eagle and I had to share it. We could just start stringing up the other teams' mascot at midfield for the eagle flight! Crush their spirit before the game even starts.

NOVA SAYS HELLO at 240!

GOOD GOD, THAT'S A LOT OF EAGLE!

I know you weren't talking about the eagle but you gave me an awesome visual of a 240 lb golden eagle and I had to share it. We could just start stringing up the other teams' mascot at midfield for the eagle flight! Crush their spirit before the game even starts.

Thanks for the thought and laugh!

Now imagine a 240 lb golden eagle blinded and crashing into the luxury box windows. OUCH!!!

Interesting considering the top tackling LB's in the nation are almost all 230+. Too bad Kirby Smart and Saban don't listen to ideas.

Yes. Throw in an Alex Lincoln and a Danny Skutack as well. Your'e right though, Miska may be my all time favorite linebacker. He had no fear.

Yes he did.

Great Auburn player!!!

In his defense Jason had a thyroid condition. Plus Takeo plays like he has something to prove. He is more than just a big athletic guy-he is a big athletic guy that is going to work hard and not just rely on his God given talent.

Foster is one of the biggest Highschool Linebackers ive ever seen. I cannot imagine what the other kids think when they see Ray Lewis coming at them!!

Reuben Freight Train Foster. Along with Adams, these 2 beasts could see immediate playing time at Auburn provided they put the hard work in!

Foster is one of the biggest Highschool Linebackers ive ever seen. I cannot imagine what the other kids think when they see Ray Lewis coming at them!!

Reuben Freight Train Foster. Along with Adams, these 2 beasts could see immediate playing time at Auburn provided they put the hard work in!

My son goes to Opelika High. We watched the Bo Knows 30 for 30 together and when everyone was talking about the amazing/mythical type things that Bo did, my son said "he sounds like that Foster kid that plays for Auburn". I actually laughed out loud at that but that is how Foster's peers/rivals apparently view him on this level.

My son goes to Opelika High. We watched the Bo Knows 30 for 30 together and when everyone was talking about the amazing/mythical type things that Bo did, my son said "he sounds like that Foster kid that plays for Auburn". I actually laughed out loud at that but that is how Foster's peers/rivals apparently view him on this level.

And Reuben and Bo look alike too. lol

Archived