2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

There is a good chance Foster ends up at Auburn as long as the fans don't screw it up.

When was the last time we acted irrationalally? :dunno:

The day Reuben decommitted.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a good chance Foster ends up at Auburn as long as the fans don't screw it up.

When was the last time we acted irrationalally? :dunno:

The day Reuben decommitted.

Okay, but other than that? :rolleyes:

We've got almost 2 months until NSD to bring him back in, our coaches will be in the same town as him during that whole time... I still feel optimistic but it'd be a shame if we couldn't sign him bc he's a once in a generation talent.

AU will bring in great talent whether Foster stays or not . Good luck to him whereever he ends up.please lock this thread!

No need to lock it. We still have a good shot at him.

Hello all. I've been a lurker for quite some time and greatly enjoy reading peoples takes on all things Auburn. I am unfortunately cursed with being in mostly Gator territory. I finally decided to chime in on something. I was a bit shocked but not really surprised about his decommitment. I havent read through all the pages but I haven't seen anything referring to Reuben's relationships with TT and Lupers' sons. I think I remember them all being on the same team. If they are close teammates, what kind of friend would say sorry bout your dads losing their jobs but I'm gonna stick with the team that fired them. He's a young man under great pressure, give him time to figure it out. If he wants to really be here, he will. I hope I'm not repeating anyone. War Eagle from Central Florida!

Hello all. I've been a lurker for quite some time and greatly enjoy reading peoples takes on all things Auburn. I am unfortunately cursed with being in mostly Gator territory. I finally decided to chime in on something. I was a bit shocked but not really surprised about his decommitment. I havent read through all the pages but I haven't seen anything referring to Reuben's relationships with TT and Lupers' sons. I think I remember them all being on the same team. If they are close teammates, what kind of friend would say sorry bout your dads losing their jobs but I'm gonna stick with the team that fired them. He's a young man under great pressure, give him time to figure it out. If he wants to really be here, he will. I hope I'm not repeating anyone. War Eagle from Central Florida!

We have a winner-- they are very close.

I still believe Auburn is the most likely place for Foster to end up.

I agree Jones. Everyone needs to give the kid a break and give him some time to do his thing. Living in Auburn is infectous and I think all 3 of those kids love Auburn. They are just reacting to an event the way we all reacted to adversity at one time or another in our own lives. I think his love for Auburn and his love for his family and their love for Auburn will win in the end.

WDE!

We have a winner-- they are very close.

Yes, it was discussed several pages back that both Cameron Echols-Luper and Blaise Taylor are AHS teammates and good friends with Reuben. There was a follow-up of Reuben and Blaise texting about his tat being for Ladarius Phillips and he knows who his fam is. I doubt we'll get any help now from the Taylors or Lupers in this but you never know. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him do exactly what he said and follow Trooper somewhere. He left his last high school over a coach being fired, so he has followed through in the past. Hopefully CGM, CEJ and CCH can work on him and build on the good reasons he was committed to AU other than a few coaches.

Some of the things I have read are that CCH is equivalent in recruiting to CTT so let's give him a chance to work with RF and see what happens. I have a gut feeling he comes back but that's really all it is.

I still believe Auburn is the most likely place for Foster to end up.

Great to hear. I sure hope this happens. He is very talented.

Here is a link to quotes from Tray Matthews at Georgia - Matthews would guess Foster picks Georgia at the time.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/10/ugas-tray-matthews-on-reuben-foster-shaq-wiggins-and-mark-richts-mansion/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Here is also a link on the rivals front page - but is not free access. If someone could summarize, that would be appreciated!

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1447240&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Here is a link to quotes from Tray Matthews at Georgia - Matthews would guess Foster picks Georgia at the time.

http://blogs.ajc.com...logs_recruiting

Here is also a link on the rivals front page - but is not free access. If someone could summarize, that would be appreciated!

http://footballrecru...&tid=&mid=&rid=

There is no summarizing on AUF. Link

When does the DEAD period start. What if RF just happens to bump into one our coaches at the complex during this dead period and wants to recommit?

When does the DEAD period start. What if RF just happens to bump into one our coaches at the complex during this dead period and wants to recommit?

Dead period starts next Monday. I doubt coaches can do anything more than a nod of acknowledgement if they see Reuben.

Archived