2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I saw a tweet earlier today from Jeremy Johnson basically asking people to leave RF alone and that he was hoping to change RF's mind. I should have a cite, but I don't. It was on War Eagle Reader's twitter feed sidebar.

Hate we're gonna lose him... didn't he leave LaGrange HS because "his coach" was let go?

It was Troup High...but yes, coach was let go and off he went...

Three weeks ago it was Jeremy Johnson saying he was going to decommit if Chizik was fired. Now he's all in with Gus. Let's don't get to pushing panic buttons just yet.

Three weeks ago it was Jeremy Johnson saying he was going to decommit if Chizik was fired. Now he's all in with Gus. Let's don't get to pushing panic buttons just yet.

I agree, it might have just been a knee-jerk reaction for Foster. I really liked Cameron Toney's tweet after Foster de-comitted: "I committed to the school and not a coach. War Damn."

I agree, it might have just been a knee-jerk reaction for Foster. I really liked Cameron Toney's tweet after Foster de-comitted: "I committed to the school and not a coach. War Damn."

the shakiest commits seem to be the guys with the most stars,i.e., the guys who have recruiters from Bama,UGA,FSU etc. continually trying to flip them and whispering stuff in their ears because they really "care" about the kid as a person. Maybe Trooper's best attribute as a recruiter was not getting a kid to commit in the first place but getting the kid to stay committed to Auburn until signing day. I didn't appreciate how much hand-holding was apparently required to keep a 5 star commit on-board.

In reading about the new defense it seems a dominant linebacker could have a very nice career. I think playing at auburn in spite of not having trooper around could still be in his best interest.he has a lot of reasons to consider auburn and at the moment only one not to do so. College football is an unfair business and I'm sure he has just had some very cold water splashed in his face. give it a minute. It'll sort itself out how it's supposed to. This guy has a daughter that he an see every night if he plays at auburn. if he goes to any of those other schools, unless mom is ready to make a whole sale move that will not be the case.

Some folks need to realize that the chance of getting Foster "back" is slim to none. RF was committed to TT. He would've committed to UAB, if thats where Trooper was coaching. Don't be fooled into thinking Foster will come to his senses. Trooper will gladly get him to follow him to his next gig, and will laugh the whole time. Good riddance to all of them. Trooper was the biggest problem with the program. He recruited great, but he undermined the authority of the HC, and tried to be guys' friend instead of coach. He was a cancer that fashioned a culture of laziness and disrespect. Notice how this became more apparent as Tubbs players graduated, and the team filled up with "high profile" recruits.

Hopefully Gus can instill some discipline and respect, and create a desire to succeed among his players. Certainly the "I'm not working out because it's not mandatory" attitude needs to be weeded out. I want a team of guys who work out because they want to be stronger and faster, and more competitive... Not because it's mandatory.

Some folks need to realize that the chance of getting Foster "back" is slim to none. RF was committed to TT. He would've committed to UAB, if thats where Trooper was coaching. Don't be fooled into thinking Foster will come to his senses. Trooper will gladly get him to follow him to his next gig, and will laugh the whole time. Good riddance to all of them. Trooper was the biggest problem with the program. He recruited great, but he undermined the authority of the HC, and tried to be guys' friend instead of coach. He was a cancer that fashioned a culture of laziness and disrespect. Notice how this became more apparent as Tubbs players graduated, and the team filled up with "high profile" recruits.

Hopefully Gus can instill some discipline and respect, and create a desire to succeed among his players. Certainly the "I'm not working out because it's not mandatory" attitude needs to be weeded out. I want a team of guys who work out because they want to be stronger and faster, and more competitive... Not because it's mandatory.

Not saying you're right or wrong about TT. Just asking this question.You know all these things HOW?

^Speculation. Interesting that Foster has said he will go where Coach Taylor goes but right after his decommitment he gave recruiting "gurus" a list of his top four or five schools. CoachTaylor, to our knowledge, has not been hired by these schools or any school for that matter. If Foster was going where Taylor goes then he shouldn't list his top choices. What does he do if Coach taylor is not hired by anybody before signing day?

What if Malzahn had kept Trooper, just to keep these players on board? Do you think caving to high school 18 years old's demands is a good path to instilling respect and discipline when they arrive on campus? I don't.

Yes, he built a relationship with Trooper. But a SMART young man wanting to better his chances at an NFL career would be more concerned with who was coaching him and who could better prepare him for his future, not a buddy coach on the other side of the ball.

Sorry, just my opinion. Bash away if you must.

^Speculation. Interesting that Foster has said he will go where Coach Taylor goes but right after his decommitment he gave recruiting "gurus" a list of his top four or five schools. CoachTaylor, to our knowledge, has not been hired by these schools or any school for that matter. If Foster was going where Taylor goes then he shouldn't list his top choices. What does he do if Coach taylor is not hired by anybody before signing day?

This may be speculation, but I find it suspicious that Gus was xCGC's first hire, making me think Gus at least had imput on offensive assistants, and then Gus did not retain him. Why would any HC not want a great recruiter, coach, and top recruiting class all wrapped up in one nice package?

This may be speculation, but I find it suspicious that Gus was xCGC's first hire, making me think Gus at least had imput on offensive assistants, and then Gus did not retain him. Why would any HC not want a great recruiter, coach, and top recruiting class all wrapped up in one nice package?

Coach Taylor is a great recruiter, although speculation is he pushes the envelope of NCAA rules. Great coach? IMO, this is yet to be proven. As for the top recruiting class, we will still have a top recruiting class with or without him. I want players committed to Auburn University not to a position coach.

What if Malzahn had kept Trooper, just to keep these players on board? Do you think caving to high school 18 years old's demands is a good path to instilling respect and discipline when they arrive on campus? I don't.

Yes, he built a relationship with Trooper. But a SMART young man wanting to better his chances at an NFL career would be more concerned with who was coaching him and who could better prepare him for his future, not a buddy coach on the other side of the ball.

Sorry, just my opinion. Bash away if you must.

Just my opinion but you should not apologize for this post. If you ask me the biggest reason of our 3-9 performance was due to what I highlighted in red from your post. Not all players but a significant number.

Coach Taylor is a great recruiter, although speculation is he pushes the envelope of NCAA rules. Great coach? IMO, this is yet to be proven. As for the top recruiting class, we will still have a top recruiting class with or without him. I want players committed to Auburn University not to a position coach.

I agree, but I feel Gus had a reason for not keeping TT. RF wanting to follow TT wherever he goes makes me think he is too impressionable and has not planned his future in a very mature way. I hope as a father he begins to make well thought out, intellectual, goal oriented decissions and reley on emotion a little less.

Until he matures a bit, it won't make much difference....on and off the field.

I would rather have a 3* looking for something to prove and willing to WORK for it than players that have this entitlement diva mentality.

Well I don't know RF either but he seems like a young man that seeks out father figures and makes strong connections. I don think that makes him a diva because he has strong loyalties. Hopefully he can make similar connections with the new staff and find his way back.

i do not see how his actions the past couple of days have anything to do with work ethic or show a potential lack of it

His actions were of the "knee jerk reaction" type.

Archived