2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

busties....................why are you even here?

How can he make other people miserable if he doesn't reach out.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy we lost his verbal. But, we had a team full of 4 and 5 star players that were 'buddies' with Troop and 'trusted' Gene, and they just went 3-9. I have mixed emotions about losing Troop and Reuben and whoever else leaves, but I'm ready to sink or swim with Malzahn.

War Eagle!

This kid may be the best LB since Lawrence Taylor but if he doesn't want to come to Auburn I wish him well. He wont be missed because we never had him anyway

I don't know about all that - but when I watched UAT play this year, I missed Cyrus Kwuanjho & TJ Yeldon :-\

I think a better description is you regretted not having them but its all semantics at this point. I dont give 2 rips what these kids do but had those 2 players you "missed" signed with Auburn, it would not have change the out come of that game.

Well, what are we going to do if Reuben ends up not signing with AU, and goes to say, UGA? We are going to get on the message boards and freak out and voice our panic, but besides that, what? Nothing. He will go where he wants to go. And AU will have a football team next year, and a signing class. I think we'll be OK. Does it hurt to lose his verbal? Yes. The Yeldon thing taught me that there's not squat we can do about it.

War Eagle!

Well, what are we going to do if Reuben ends up not signing with AU, and goes to say, UGA? We are going to get on the message boards and freak out and voice our panic, but besides that, what? Nothing. He will go where he wants to go. And AU will have a football team next year, and a signing class. I think we'll be OK. Does it hurt to lose his verbal? Yes. The Yeldon thing taught me that there's not squat we can do about it.

War Eagle!

Very good point.

Auburn will get about half the guys who decommit in the next few days back. This is painful, but what we had on The Plains was not working and changes needed to be made.

We had cancer and now we are in the process of surgery and cemo, but recovery is coming. Maybe not without pain but it is coming.

If they don't want to come to Auburn for Auburn, but instead to be a linebacker who is buddies with the WR coach, do you think we really needed them anyway?

No, we didn't need the #1 rated LB in the country. We're so loaded @ LB we can take only the high school guys that are pure in their worship of Auburn. This is a horrible development early for our new staff and of all the players to decommit, Reuben was one of the least likely.

I dont understand how this kid could be so vocal saying he would keep this class together and that hes committed to Auburn but then decomitt just because a wr coach left

I think this will be a successful move depending on who he hires to replace him. If he brings in his boys from the Sun-Belt, I will jump ship(not really, but pretty disappointed). Go get 'em Gus.

I'm not overly worried about this oddly enough. Don't forget that we have Cassanova on the team and he will only be a sophomore, we have Cameron Toney who if I had to guess is far and above our most committed recruit (and who is no slouch at MLB either).

I still think Reuben may come to AU. He is mad because Trooper is gone. After he calms down and realizes that coaches come and go, he will be fine. Besides, he is going to feel really stupid looking down at that giant AU tattoo if he is playing for another team.

I feel that some of these recruits are taking the news the same way as some of us fans. Everyone is not happy about it, but we only see one side of the overall picture. I truly believe that things will calm down, our recruits will be spoken to, and business will pick up again. We have to understand that these are emotionally driven 17-18 y/o kids who have just found out their best friend at college won't be there waiting for them. RF will be back! I also expect not only for us to keep the commits we had prior to the new coaching staff, but for AU to make some huge waves with several more prior to NSD. No insider, just gut feeling!

I hope we have not played right into the Bammer's hands. If so, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. People wanted wholesale change, that is what they got. Anybody who did not expect loss of recruits is out of touch.

Next we will probably get back on the "coach-em-up" train and hear how our coaches can take a lot of 3 stars and coach them up to compete with Fl, UAT, LSU, and GA. Oh, and how the recruiting services are biased against us for not giving the 3 star guys we get 4 and 5 stars.

I hope I am wrong, but watch and see...

C'mon Rock! What the heck do you want? 4 and 5 star athletes playing like pansies again this year? Look,I hope they change their minds and I hope Gus can keep them but what good is even HAVING them if you keep coaches that for some reason couldn't coach them up? I do not include Troop in that statement,but a head coach has HIS butt on the line. If it's mine,I'm gonna do it my way. Looks like Gus feels the same way. Not blasting you,bro. I always pay attention to your posts. WDE.

I'm not overly worried about this oddly enough. Don't forget that we have Cassanova on the team and he will only be a sophomore, we have Cameron Toney who if I had to guess is far and above our most committed recruit (and who is no slouch at MLB either).

Well, I don't know how much more you can get "far and above" with a commitment than with a tattoo. I wouldn't count anyone out though Toney has tweeted a couple of times and talked to a couple of reporters confirming his commitment.

He tweeted (hate that word) today that the tattoo was in honor of LaDarious Phillips. He's apparently good friends with Luper's son (who basically confirmed that as the reason for the tattoo) so I'm sure Cameron is probably saying a lot of bad stuff about AU to Reuben now that his dad has been let go.

I still think Reuben may come to AU. He is mad because Trooper is gone. After he calms down and realizes that coaches come and go, he will be fine. Besides, he is going to feel really stupid looking down at that giant AU tattoo if he is playing for another team.

Free article on scout: last two lines

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1247364.html

you might be right but as for now, this one is drowning.

Great week Gus. Its about jimmys and joes.not Xs and Os..man we have screwed up.

BS. We had plenty of Jimmys and Joes this year. What did the fired staff get done with them? 3-9! We needed to fire those guys and get some COACHES.

Well I honestly wish all those guys the best. They could have been a large part of something very special for many years to come.

Foster also told Auburn Undercover that he will still consider Auburn before making his final decision.

We all can be emotional when we feel that someone we are close to is in a difficult situation. Don't bash a guy that needs a couple of days to let things settle.

I'm sure he was a little closer to Trooper than others because of his friendship with TT's son at school. With that said, Reuben is a difference maker and I hope he makes a difference at AU. Gus has impressed me greatly with his actions and one coach and one player are not his focus for the TEAM!

Guys he's not gone yet, we've still got a shot. We knew this was gonna happen, let's calm down. Let Malzahn and Johnson get to work on him.

Um, yeah he is. Stated that the guy he built a relationship with is no longer there. My guess is that UGA will be getting a really, really good defensive class this year.

They get one every year and still no BCS Championship. :wareagle:

Archived