2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kid has crazy up side. i disagreed with most that he would come in and start right away because of what you just said. after a full year in a program, with coaching, the kid could be legit. gotta have the right mentality. i would love to see him at auburn. but for the right reasons.

Coaches come and go but they are who you will be spending the most of your time with not the teachers or anyone else its your coaches and teammates. I played in college and why would you want to risk the chance you might dislike who you are gonna spend every day with when you know at another school you are pretty much certain that you will be happy at another school.

Coaches come and go but they are who you will be spending the most of your time with not the teachers or anyone else its your coaches and teammates. I played in college and why would you want to risk the chance you might dislike who you are gonna spend every day with when you know at another school you are pretty much certain that you will be happy at another school.

Then wait and see who the new coaches will be, and can you build a relationship with them? NSD is not next week. It's a good two months away.

If you think us losing Foster is a no biggie that we can get a better one than you are sadly mistaken. This is a big loss for us. Coaches need to get over his house right now and smooth this thing over.

I think that any recruit that verbally commits to AU because he is buddies with a coach is here for the wrong reason. The coaches are supposed to be "mentors" not "buddies". If this has been the culture of the AU football team it may explain our pitiful season and I am happy to see it change. I will say that I was really looking forward to seeing Reuben wearing orange and blue next year and I hope he re-commits to the good guys...............

1)It's not signing day yet

2)Don't try and down play Reuben now that he decommited

3)if he doesn't even consider Auburn anymore let's hope he doesn't go to another SEC school

4)The Auburn tattoo still represents his couzin who played for us and was shot if I remember correctly

5)War Eagle and I hope we can win him back

This kid may be the best LB since Lawrence Taylor but if he doesn't want to come to Auburn I wish him well. He wont be missed because we never had him anyway

foster is a monster , i want him bad but this is auburn and the way our players played last year with that same attitude i say i hope you come back but if you dont i wish you the best and i only hope him and the rest of the guys would grow up and that includes fans too. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: and by the way im a black man so this isnt racial spew

He is a kid. I'd like to have him here. That may still happen.

However a new coach has to show who is in charge - especially when entering a situation such as ours.

Best of luck to RF, and I hope he comes back with the nickname, "Boomerang"!

The guy is in Auburn. The community should be helping recruit him every day.

We cannot let this guy slip away from under our nose for the perception of not being able to lock down our backyard alone.

This kid may be the best LB since Lawrence Taylor but if he doesn't want to come to Auburn I wish him well. He wont be missed because we never had him anyway

I don't know about all that - but when I watched UAT play this year, I missed Cyrus Kwuanjho & TJ Yeldon :-\

No surprise. Serveral recruits LOVED Troop. In the end it could just be an emotional reaction for some. If he does go somewhere else...hope he gets a good cover up tatoo. Practice is going to be brutal for him if he goes to somewhere like Bama with an Auburn tattoo....he'll get bagged on and worked out harder than anybody on the team.

I am sorry Foster felt the need to decommit but I hope he rethinks his decision with the proper adult guidance.

I don't know about all that - but when I watched UAT play this year, I missed Cyrus Kwuanjho & TJ Yeldon :-\

True This

I don't know about all that - but when I watched UAT play this year, I missed Cyrus Kwuanjho & TJ Yeldon :-\/>

True This

Hard to keep kids like that when they threaten their brothers scholarship

Hadn't Foster been working out at the athletic complex prior to today? If he has been doing that, perhaps Malzahn needs to put a stop to that, unless he re-commits. It's no sense watching him get bigger and stronger to use that against the AU offense.

That AL.com article made Foster come across as an immature kid who really needs some father figure or big brother in his life. Said he will go anywhere Trooper Taylor goes. Coaches, especially college assistant coaches, generally never stay anywhere for long. Someone from the new staff should go over to Foster's house and give him a Lifesaver candy. At any rate, It looks to me like Reuben Foster is not a lost cause and we shouldn't give up on him with two months left until signing day.

I've been a reader, or "lurker" on here for years. I rarely post and didn't even create an account forever. Anyway, enough about me... I do have a question though. When did we become bammer? Geez, trashing kids because they may or may not sign to play for Auburn. Grow up please.

Then wait and see who the new coaches will be, and can you build a relationship with them? NSD is not next week. It's a good two months away.

Like others have said before I believe this is just a knee jerk reaction and that he will rethink his decision when all our coaches have been hired its a long way untill signing day. I honestly see him ending up at Georgia though as much as it breaks my heart.

Archived