2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Guys he's not gone yet, we've still got a shot. We knew this was gonna happen, let's calm down. Let Malzahn and Johnson get to work on him.

This. Don't start bad-mouthing the kid already.....

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some people fail to realize the relationship TT played with some of the recruits. There's so much focus on what position Trooper coached but I truly feel Trooper is seen by a lot of these recruits as a older brother and to some a father figure. I completely understand the importance of picking a school for the school and not the people that are currently there but I doubt most people would decide to go to a place where your older sibling or father figure was just dismissed. I have faith in the process we are currently in and Auburn will remain great one way or another but I completely understand why we might be about to lose a bunch of recruits.

This ^^^.

Calm down folks, kids minds and impulses are now tied to the fine internet and everyone has a max sweat condition alpha everytime

an 18 year old vents? Things will be as they will be.

We'll see in Feb.

Tim Watts@TimWatts_BOL

Alabama assistant Kirby Smart visited Reuben Foster yesterday. This one is going to be fun to watch. #Bama

He's probably just giving advice on how to remove AU tattoos.....or maybe Jay Jacobs failed to inform him that he didn't get the job.

if trooper wants what is best for this young man then he should be telling him to do what is best for him. yesterday, last week and last month what was best for RF was to go to Auburn University. That should not have changed today.

I think folks should give this kid some space and let him vent a little. I would think the likelyhood of him playing at Auburn come next fall is high, unless the fanbase hoses it up.

This ^^^

Tim Watts@TimWatts_BOL

Alabama assistant Kirby Smart visited Reuben Foster yesterday. This one is going to be fun to watch. #Bama

He's probably just giving advice on how to remove AU tatoos.

Kirby said he'd give Reuben a scholarship offer if he told him all about the NCAA investigation into Auburn :laugh:

I think once he meets Ellis Johnson, he'll see that this coach has knowledge that will help him be the best. Coach Johnson has several players in the NFL. Reuben is 18. He speaks from emotion right now. I liked Trooper too. But Troop won't get him to the next level. Once he thinks things through, Auburn will be the final decision. His family can watch him grow and develop into an NFL linebacker.

I hope we have not played right into the Bammer's hands.

Not sure how Auburn making strong decisions about their future is 'playing into bama's hands'. What role do the turds have in this?

Calm down folks, kids minds and impulses are now tied to the fine internet and everyone has a max sweat condition alpha everytime

We'll see in Feb.

What about Auburn?

"They are pretty much out of it," Foster said.

Good luck Reuben, wherever you wind up. We would love to have you but changes happen and you have to do what you see as best for you.

WDE anyway young man

The problem with verbal commitments is that they are based on a foundation of sand,i.e., the whims of an 18-year-old kid. Just from what I've read on this board, LSU has been in Foster's ear at least since Chizik was fired. Foster can be re-recruited, but he can't be forced to grow up in 2 months.

We'll see in Feb.

What about Auburn?

emotional reaction only...I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

We'll see in Feb.

What about Auburn?

emotional reaction only...I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

No offense, but I'll feel better if Ellitor agrees.

I will reserve talking about the kid until after he signs somewhere else. As others have said if he was coming here because of Troop and not because of AU, then good luck.

Archived