2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

Five-star LB Reuben Foster tells me he's decommitted from Auburn. Georgia, LSU, Miami and Washington in contention.

Hate it, but if we want to restore order in Auburn, Troop had to go. Any commit not committed to AU but a coach...needs to go.

I find it funny he is de-commiting considering the quality of DC we got and the fact that he has Auburn INK on his arm....granted I'm sure he could get a G where the AU was but still

Foster was key to holding this together. If he leaves, this class will start to fall apart.

Yep...lawson to clemson pretty soon i would imagine.

I hope we have not played right into the Bammer's hands. If so, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. People wanted wholesale change, that is what they got. Anybody who did not expect loss of recruits is out of touch.

Next we will probably get back on the "coach-em-up" train and hear how our coaches can take a lot of 3 stars and coach them up to compete with Fl, UAT, LSU, and GA. Oh, and how the recruiting services are biased against us for not giving the 3 star guys we get 4 and 5 stars.

I hope I am wrong, but watch and see...

There is some good news today, though. WarBlogle just tweeted that Coach Malzahn has decided to retain Aubie.

Reuben's top google search today will be tatoo removal.

I thought he commited to Auburn so his mom could watch him play? It will difficult for her to get to these other schools to see him play!

Foster has said several times that he will go where troop goes. Where ever he takes visits are probably good clues on where he thinks Troop lands.

Is he going to change his position to WR so he can spend more time with him? That just seems odd to me that a high school kid will base all his decisions on one adult and the decision that the adult makes on where he wants to coach.

Should of just kept Trooper until the day after signing day.

Deceive the coach and the recruits to get what we want? I'm glad I don't work for you.

Foster has now committed and decommitted twice. I know he is young - blah blah - but he is old enough to call press conferences and use his daughter as a prop for his announcement. I may be wrong but I've got a feeling we may have dodged a bullet here.

It was a joke... good lord, mellow out. Hilarious how a bunch of grown men are getting all worked up over a bunch of 18-19 y/o kids though. We'll be fine, just gotta get the new staff in place and on the road.

if trooper wants what is best for this young man then he should be telling him to do what is best for him. yesterday, last week and last month what was best for RF was to go to Auburn University. That should not have changed today.

I think folks should give this kid some space and let him vent a little. I would think the likelyhood of him playing at Auburn come next fall is high, unless the fanbase hoses it up.

Guys he's not gone yet, we've still got a shot. We knew this was gonna happen, let's calm down. Let Malzahn and Johnson get to work on him.

I think some people fail to realize the relationship TT played with some of the recruits. There's so much focus on what position Trooper coached but I truly feel Trooper is seen by a lot of these recruits as a older brother and to some a father figure. I completely understand the importance of picking a school for the school and not the people that are currently there but I doubt most people would decide to go to a place where your older sibling or father figure was just dismissed. I have faith in the process we are currently in and Auburn will remain great one way or another but I completely understand why we might be about to lose a bunch of recruits.

I hate it, but life will go on for Foster and for Auburn University. I hope Foster will at least give Malzahn and/or Johnson the chance to sit down with him and give them a chance to hopefully get him back with AU.

Guys he's not gone yet, we've still got a shot. We knew this was gonna happen, let's calm down. Let Malzahn and Johnson get to work on him.

Um, yeah he is. Stated that the guy he built a relationship with is no longer there. My guess is that UGA will be getting a really, really good defensive class this year.

Should of just kept Trooper until the day after signing day.

Deceive the coach and the recruits to get what we want? I'm glad I don't work for you.

Foster has now committed and decommitted twice. I know he is young - blah blah - but he is old enough to call press conferences and use his daughter as a prop for his announcement. I may be wrong but I've got a feeling we may have dodged a bullet here.

It was a joke... good lord, mellow out. Hilarious how a bunch of grown men are getting all worked up over a bunch of 18-19 y/o kids though. We'll be fine, just gotta get the new staff in place and on the road.

Cool. Hoped you were kidding and if I were any more mellow I would be drooling. I completely agree with the panic over possibly losing a player who has never played a down of college football or a position coach without whom many feel we will not be able to get quality players.

Archived