2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Yeah Red, I agree. I'm in the minority cuz I like Troop. Its supposed to be fun. It is no small wonder these kids think alot of themselves.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One guy does not make a football team. If he gave them an ultimatum and the coach went for it, there goes the respect that a coach has to have. Good luck Foster but you are not bigger than Auburn.

agreed, no more buddie system!!!!!!

Relax. Wait until hires are made/not made to start pounding your chest and screaming. Not trying to be an ass but there is still a VERY high likelihood RF is a AU tiger.

Well, I hope that all the recruits are commited to the school and not the previous coaches.. I want the coaches to be coaches/teachers/leaders on the field and off, not buddies.. Guess I got too carried away.. Had a boss once that tried to be buddies with all the workers, it was great until some of the guys took advantage and the boss became too much of a friend than a leader/boss.. caused lots of animosity among the ranks and he was afraid it he jumped on someone, it would hurt the person's feelings.. Therefore he chose to not address the laziness of the few and the rest of us had to pull more of the load... Wasn't meaning to look like I was yelling but just reponded with lots of excitement as I read the other post as I did not want us to have a buddy system, if one existed to begin with. That was the reason for the exclamation points.. to me if I was yelling, it would be in all caps, like below......

WAR EAGLE!!!

One guy does not make a football team. If he gave them an ultimatum and the coach went for it, there goes the respect that a coach has to have. Good luck Foster but you are not bigger than Auburn.

agreed, no more buddie system!!!!!!

Relax. Wait until hires are made/not made to start pounding your chest and screaming. Not trying to be an ass but there is still a VERY high likelihood RF is a AU tiger.

Well, I hope that all the recruits are commited to the school and not the previous coaches.. I want the coaches to be coaches/teachers/leaders on the field and off, not buddies.. Guess I got too carried away.. Had a boss once that tried to be buddies with all the workers, it was great until some of the guys took advantage and the boss became too much of a friend than a leader/boss.. caused lots of animosity among the ranks and he was afraid it he jumped on someone, it would hurt the person's feelings.. Therefore he chose to not address the laziness of the few and the rest of us had to pull more of the load... Wasn't meaning to look like I was yelling but just reponded with lots of excitement as I read the other post as I did not want us to have a buddy system, if one existed to begin with. That was the reason for the exclamation points.. to me if I was yelling, it would be in all caps, like below......

WAR EAGLE!!!

War Eagle to you sir. Just wanted to make sure we didn't all jump on Reuben's back bc he will hopefully be a tiger REGARDLESS of Trooper Taylor's involvement in the program or not. Here's to hoping RF holds this class together and brings in the best recruiting class in the history of AU recruiting.

Does anyone remember the interviews Troop use to give about player development? He was brutally honest about players skill and what he expected. During the drills, the WRs were constantly chanting "No Drops". He had a high standard for what he expected from WRs. Now to think that somehow he's turned into this coach that's more interested in being the players friends than seeing them develop is idiotic. The fact that many of these players, especially ones without true father figures, hold him in high regard is a bonus. I sure hope he is brought back for several reasons but chief among them is his ability to connect to his players.

reuben foster will be decommitting and going to UGA if trooper is indeed gone. his tweet lists about 6 players and then says "same team!" 4 o 5 of them are UGA recruits. one is a USCe recruit who is from UGA. one is trey johnson. one is carl lawson who is already telling the media he is wavering.

unreal. the dominos will begin to fall and the greatest defensive recruiting class in Auburn history will be gone. yesterday, i was all about Smart because i thought he would keep that class intact. but it was malzahn, and i was of course just as excited because i love auburn and it's very exciting.

but, trooper's ability to recruit is second to none and just like Gus can be given the credit for winning our title in 2010, trooper is the biggest reason we have been reeling in top 10 classes for the past 3 or 4 years.

i will be so disappointed if this teams loses 5 top 100 players.

Two weeks ago it was Jeremy Johnson that was going somewhere else if Chizik was fired. Now Jeremy's All IN. Let 'em blow off a little steam until their new AU coaches contact them. Until that happens there is no reason to think they are going elsewhere.

you are right. one does not. but 3 or 4 five star players can. you wanna know why the gators have arguably the best defensive team in the country?? sure, it is partly will muschamp. but, it in large part because of the talent from that 2010 recruiting class (best def class in UF history). they are juniors this year and include Easley, Floyd, Elam, Ronald Powell. ALL 5 star players who are dominant.

that is the kind of championship caliber defense auburn (trooper taylor) has gotten to commit THIS year. but, now it may all fall apart.

this is not about just one player. BUT, foster is the man holding this Def class together. lawson.....johnson......liner......

if those guys wind up on the same team, that team will have one of the best Ds in the country in 2014/2015.

get trooper and sign him up. you don't have to make him the OC. I'm sure he'd be fine being the WR coach. make it happen, auburn.

Wherever Troop goes regardless of the situation? Where did you get this?

Direct quote from reuben foster himself. wherever trooper goes, he will go "if they will have me." (the frickin raiders would take him)

It's all good..... I wouldn't start worrying until there's a need to worry. A lot if time left before signing day.

you are right. one does not. but 3 or 4 five star players can. you wanna know why the gators have arguably the best defensive team in the country?? sure, it is partly will muschamp. but, it in large part because of the talent from that 2010 recruiting class (best def class in UF history). they are juniors this year and include Easley, Floyd, Elam, Ronald Powell. ALL 5 star players who are dominant.

that is the kind of championship caliber defense auburn (trooper taylor) has gotten to commit THIS year. but, now it may all fall apart.

this is not about just one player. BUT, foster is the man holding this Def class together. lawson.....johnson......liner......

if those guys wind up on the same team, that team will have one of the best Ds in the country in 2014/2015.

get trooper and sign him up. you don't have to make him the OC. I'm sure he'd be fine being the WR coach. make it happen, auburn.

100% Agreed Jax! Before Chizco, I never thought Auburn could recruit with toe to toe with LSU, Saban, UF, etc. Troop and co proved otherwise. I just want the AU fam to appreciate what we have and could continue to build talent wise.

Unless Trooper is a huge problem I think they should keep him. I really want to see Carl and Reuben playing for Auburn next year. Carl idolizes Clowney and Ellis recruited Clowney to USC, I really hope that gets brought up when they talk next time haha

I hope Foster decides he wants to be an Auburn Tiger. But I hope his commitment is to Auburn. A LB whose ultimate loyalty is to a WR coach is worrisome. I am not an insider but as Taylor, with all of his recruiting power was not retained, it must have been felt that such "split-loyalties" were a factor in our teams poor focus. Divide of command is a deadly situation. I thank Trooper for his work at Auburn and wish him well. After 2012 we all wanted a change and I think we all realized that there will be repercussions. Perhaps with a little cool-down time and meeting with our coaches Foster decides Auburn is the place to be.

Ellis is a good recruiter. I know he has a late start, but he will do a good job recruiting Foster and Company.

reuben foster will be decommitting and going to UGA if trooper is indeed gone. his tweet lists about 6 players and then says "same team!" 4 o 5 of them are UGA recruits. one is a USCe recruit who is from UGA. one is trey johnson. one is carl lawson who is already telling the media he is wavering.

unreal. the dominos will begin to fall and the greatest defensive recruiting class in Auburn history will be gone. yesterday, i was all about Smart because i thought he would keep that class intact. but it was malzahn, and i was of course just as excited because i love auburn and it's very exciting.

but, trooper's ability to recruit is second to none and just like Gus can be given the credit for winning our title in 2010, trooper is the biggest reason we have been reeling in top 10 classes for the past 3 or 4 years.

This is an example why you should not follow players Twitter accounts. The players Foster is referencing are all on the same UA AA HS team roster.

This is an example why you should not follow players Twitter accounts. The players Foster is referencing are all on the same UA AA HS team roster.

No, this is why you don't jump to conclusions everytime you read something.

100% Agreed Jax! Before Chizco, I never thought Auburn could recruit with toe to toe with LSU, Saban, UF, etc. Troop and co proved otherwise. I just want the AU fam to appreciate what we have and could continue to build talent wise.

I don't get it. We did not have a single player on first, second , or honorable mention SEC. That doesn't reflect good recruiting to me. No way on earth xCGC did all this himself. I feel sure there were somebody(s) on this staff stabbing him in the back. I don't know who but anybody with half a brain can see there wasn't a whole lot of loyalty towards the HC. If I were Gus, I would look for someone I knew I could trust to the bitter end! The better we recruited, the worse we played.

]I don't get it. We did not have a single player on first, second , or honorable mention SEC. That doesn't reflect good recruiting to me. No way on earth xCGC did all this himself. I feel sure there were somebody(s) on this staff stabbing him in the back. I don't know who but anybody with half a brain can see there wasn't a whole lot of loyalty towards the HC. If I were Gus, I would look for someone I knew I could trust to the bitter end! The better we recruited, the worse we played.

It's not really that we didn't have good players, but that since our team did not do well, the stats aren't there to support any selection. To a certain extent All-SEC, All-American, Heisman, Outland etc type awards are a beauty contest. The people who fill those slots are almost without exception from 'good' teams with the thinking that the good players are what makes a certan team good. Also, honestly ask yourself who on the team would you put on the All-SEC team? When you think you have an answer, compare their stats to the people in front of them.

]I don't get it. We did not have a single player on first, second , or honorable mention SEC. That doesn't reflect good recruiting to me. No way on earth xCGC did all this himself. I feel sure there were somebody(s) on this staff stabbing him in the back. I don't know who but anybody with half a brain can see there wasn't a whole lot of loyalty towards the HC. If I were Gus, I would look for someone I knew I could trust to the bitter end! The better we recruited, the worse we played.

It's not really that we didn't have good players, but that since our team did not do well, the stats aren't there to support any selection. To a certain extent All-SEC, All-American, Heisman, Outland etc type awards are a beauty contest. The people who fill those slots are almost without exception from 'good' teams with the thinking that the good players are what makes a certan team good. Also, honestly ask yourself who on the team would you put on the All-SEC team? When you think you have an answer, compare their stats to the people in front of them.

I'm not sure I even know what point you are trying to make, but I refuse to call a player "Good" until he/she plays"Good".

I'm not sure I even know what point you are trying to make, but I refuse to call a player "Good" until he/she plays"Good".

Exactly my point

if you can't think of any players on our team who played 'good' than it should come as no surprise that we didnt place anyone on the All-SEC team. Our best candidates would have been Mason or maybe Blake. I cant even think of anyone on the defense. If you consider Mason - he would be compared against Gerschel, Yeldon, Lacy etc. and probably had worse stats than any of those.

Archived