2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Well, Reuben's season is over. Auburn High School held the lead from right before the half until less than 2 minutes before the end of the game but couldn't hang on in a primarily defensive duel. Opelika won the re-match 8-7 on a safety and a long TD pass with 1:45 left (missed 2 pt conversion). Unfortunately for Cam Luper, after playing Houdini all year scrambling out of trouble numerous times, he contributed to both scores for OHS tonight. He was called for grounding in the end zone for the safety and the long TD pass for OHS at the end of the game was his man who got behind him in the secondary. Reuben had a pretty good game on both sides of the ball though it appeared he was sick. Someone next to me said they saw him throw up on the field (which I didn't see) and then he pushed off all his teammates who were motioning to the coaches about it (which I did see) and he stayed in the game. He scored the only AHS TD on a short dive. He also made several good form tackles, but it definitely looked like something wasn't exactly right with him. My hat goes off to him for literally "gutting" it out tonight and playing through sickness in a crucial playoff game. My respect for him is even higher than it was. War Eagle Reuben!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foster was at the UGA/GaTech game today. He's being recruited hard by UGA. Word has it that Foster is seriously considering flipping -- again.

Foster was at the UGA/GaTech game today. He's being recruited hard by UGA. Word has it that Foster is seriously considering flipping -- again.

Whose "word"? Not that he may not later or doesn't have good reason to look around now, but Reuben has not said anything that I've heard that makes it sound like he's flipping.

Whose "word"? Not that he may not later or doesn't have good reason to look around now, but Reuben has not said anything that I've heard that makes it sound like he's flipping.

I hope he stays with us; but I'm an Auburn fan. I wouldn't blame any kid at this point for having second thoughts. The video does make it look like he's thinking things through -- and understandably confused about what to do, at this point. I do know if he comes to Auburn, he won't regret it. But that is likely true of UGA, as well, to be honest. Future is bright for RF.

War Eagle, Reuben!

I hope he stays with us; but I'm an Auburn fan. I wouldn't blame any kid at this point for having second thoughts. The video does make it look like he's thinking things through -- and understandably confused about what to do, at this point. I do know if he comes to Auburn, he won't regret it. But that is likely true of UGA, as well, to be honest. Future is bright for RF.

War Eagle, Reuben!

It sure looks like he is getting close to flipping doesn't it.

War Eagle, Reuben!

No. He and his mom loves Auburn. Reuben will give the new staff a good, long look before h even rntertains the idea of flipping.

War Eagle, Reuben!

No. He and his mom loves Auburn. Reuben will give the new staff a good, long look before h even rntertains the idea of flipping.

I am hoping. Now that the Chizik decision has been made we will know soon enough.

Seems most of them did this, (in reference to saying I will stay committed to see what happens) apparently the only one to "jump the gun" was Jahmere-Irvin Stills or however its spelled, and that soon it seems as if he was looking for a real reason to de-committ.

Seems most of them did this, (in reference to saying I will stay committed to see what happens) apparently the only one to "jump the gun" was Jahmere-Irvin Stills or however its spelled, and that soon it seems as if he was looking for a real reason to de-committ.

It appears his rumored decommitment is premature.

War Eagle, Reuben!

I am hoping. Now that the Chizik decision has been made we will know soon enough.

I hope all recruits would use the wait n see approach, I know everyone don't feel like me but I love the underdog. I HATE ARROGANCE, and bama is Full of it!!!

Reuben won't make a move til he finds out who the coach is. If it's not a splash hire I think its 50-50 that he flips to UGA. In the end I think he's an Auburn kid who wants to hold his class together but we need to hire some coaches that have shown they can develop talent

has he came out since chiz has been fired?

No and he likely won't. What I can tell you is he was at the Athletic complex yesterday talking to the assistants and has been calling commits along with Troop to help keep them committed since yesterday afternoon.

Hes the main one to keep this class together and if he stays committed no matter who our HC is I don't see us really losing that many pieces.

+1

has he came out since chiz has been fired?

No and he likely won't. What I can tell you is he was at the Athletic complex yesterday talking to the assistants and has been calling commits along with Troop to help keep them committed since yesterday afternoon.

Thanks E, that makes me feel better about holding this class together.

Archived