2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

The pre-Madonna era was OWNED by Chrissie Hynde, you guys are nuts. Don't pretend.

Barry Manilow says HELLLOOOOOO. weeg's is going to be so mad at you people. Barry is a cross-genre/cross-gender kind of performer and it is high time he was recognized for these facts.

Ha! Weegs is too busy bashing the coaches to express his love for Barry Manilow!

He isn't happy with them is he? :laugh: I am becoming a bigger weeg's fan by the day. Can't do the Barry Manilow thing though.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pre-Madonna era was OWNED by Chrissie Hynde, you guys are nuts. Don't pretend.

Barry Manilow says HELLLOOOOOO. weeg's is going to be so mad at you people. Barry is a cross-genre/cross-gender kind of performer and it is high time he was recognized for these facts.

Ha! Weegs is too busy bashing the coaches to express his love for Barry Manilow!

He isn't happy with them is he? :laugh: I am becoming a bigger weeg's fan by the day. Can't do the Barry Manilow thing though.

Yeah, I'm none too happy with them, myself. But I can't get fully on board with Barry Maniweegs.

A mass exodus of these pre-madonna type players may not hurt as bad as some think. In fact, it may be what we need.

Prima donna.

Yep. Players these days are most definitely post-Madonna.

She's still making records. Granted, I doubt they are as "good" as the ones made in the 80s and early 90s.

True. But we're practically post-Gaga at this point, even if the Rolling Stones are planning a tour soon.

I'm afraid we might be mid-Taylor. Also, I hear The Who are killing it with this Quadrophenia tour.

Prima-Donna .......Pre-Madonna.....who goves a rip. My point is that all of these highly ranked high school players haven't produced squat. Unless we get a staff that can develope this talent , no matter who we recruit, they will underachieve. Including Foster.

What I can't figure out is how BVG coached some incredible defenses at Georgia from 2001 to 2004 and coached 4 years in the NFL but does not know what tackling is. Chiz was apart of 3 undefeated teams, 2 with Auburn and 1 with Texas, but has no clue that fundamentals are key to winning football games. A waterboy with that much exposure to elite athletes, teams, and coaches should know how to tackle properly. Maybe it's in the water at Auburn? Maybe Harvey Updike has brainwashed these two coaches into forgetting fundamentals?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

We need this recruiting class and Auburn does not need a mass exodus of players.

They have nor forgotten the fundamentals of tackling. I there there a multitude of factors. GC and BVG are both Tampa 2 guys which was the predominant D scheme in the first part of the century. I think the offense of the last 8 years or so have been developed as a counter to the Tampa 2.. I also think it's hard for players to play fundamentally sound when the HC expects but does not adhere to discipline himself.

E., Can you expand on your last sentence above without breaching a confidence? I have not heard that example. PM if you want.

As simple as I can say it how can a team be expected to be fundamentally sound and disciplined when the HC is not disciplined enough to show up to his own meetings on time?

What I can't figure out is how BVG coached some incredible defenses at Georgia from 2001 to 2004 and coached 4 years in the NFL but does not know what tackling is. Chiz was apart of 3 undefeated teams, 2 with Auburn and 1 with Texas, but has no clue that fundamentals are key to winning football games. A waterboy with that much exposure to elite athletes, teams, and coaches should know how to tackle properly. Maybe it's in the water at Auburn? Maybe Harvey Updike has brainwashed these two coaches into forgetting fundamentals?

We need this recruiting class and Auburn does not need a mass exodus of players.

They have nor forgotten the fundamentals of tackling. I there there a multitude of factors. GC and BVG are both Tampa 2 guys which was the predominant D scheme in the first part of the century. I think the offense of the last 8 years or so have been developed as a counter to the Tampa 2.. I also think it's hard for players to play fundamentally sound when the HC expects but does not adhere to discipline himself.

E., Can you expand on your last sentence above without breaching a confidence? I have not heard that example. PM if you want.

As simple as I can say it how can a team be expected to be fundamentally sound and disciplined when the HC is not disciplined enough to show up to his own meetings on time?

So is this the primary example or are there more? Has this been a chronic problem? I am quite certain if NS is on the phone with a 5 star recruit, he would be late to a meeting as well.

So is this the primary example or are there more? Has this been a chronic problem? I am quite certain if NS is on the phone with a 5 star recruit, he would be late to a meeting as well.

He is virtually late to most things. Also he should take responsibility himself to ensure discipline himself rather than delegating it to nonfootball staff.

I wasn't sure if he meant pre-madonna as in prior to her birth in 1958 or as in prior to when she released her first single in 1982--pretty big difference!!! :Sing:

He is virtually late to most things. Also he should take responsibility himself to ensure discipline himself rather than delegating it to nonfootball staff.

Does this reference the often mentioned theory of TJ being involved with team discipline? Is that first hand knowledge? If it is, I find it even more disheartening, sigh........

Does this reference the often mentioned theory of TJ being involved with team discipline? Is that first hand knowledge? If it is, I find it even more disheartening, sigh........

My question would be did he "delegate" it to non football staff or was is "assigned" to non-football staff? I never liked TJ on the sidelines and talking to the coaches/players during games. However, TJ was CGC's boss.

Potentially not the right thread for it, likely Chrissey Hynde either, BUT, I'm of the opinion JJ and Gogue are ultimately CGC' bosses as well, that doesn't mean I think he should be a step skipped in the discipline process. Delegated that way or not. There is a buck and it stops at his desk. In my mind, it's mostly all a moot point now anyway, hopefully.

Certainly they are steps we need to never repeat, in any event.

My question would be did he "delegate" it to non football staff or was is "assigned" to non-football staff? I never liked TJ on the sidelines and talking to the coaches/players during games. However, TJ was CGC's boss.

Technically yes but in reality TJ has become Chizik's puppet and does what Chizik wants.although that is not what I was referring to in my post.

I hope guys like Jeremy and Reuben are more committed to the school and not so much to the head and his staff.

The school is important, but recruiting is all about relationships. Relationships with players, their families, their HS coaches.I seem to recall where CCL and/OR CTT brought some guys with them at AU that they were recruiting for OK State.

If there is a coaching change we are going to lose some recruits ....that's a given but AU has to do what AU has to do.....and the HS recruits have to do what they feel is in their best interest. Nobody holding anyone hostage. ....and I hope everyone comes out a winner.

I hope guys like Jeremy and Reuben are more committed to the school and not so much to the head and his staff.

The school is important, but recruiting is all about relationships. Relationships with players, their families, their HS coaches.I seem to recall where CCL and/OR CTT brought some guys with them at AU that they were recruiting for OK State.

Was one of those guys Emory Blake?

Was one of those guys Emory Blake?

According to Rivals and Scout no.

I heard that Reuben has 3 kids (3 seriously??). I've heard that he can be a bit immature but he does care for the kids and he wants them to be in the Auburn city school system, so him playing football at Auburn U is as much about his kids as it is about his relationship with Chiz or Trooper.

Emory was set to play for Texas Tech before signing with Auburn. I'm sure Okie State was recruiting him, but they didn't have success signing him until they got to Auburn.

I heard that Reuben has 3 kids (3 seriously??). I've heard that he can be a bit immature but he does care for the kids and he wants them to be in the Auburn city school system, so him playing football at Auburn U is as much about his kids as it is about his relationship with Chiz or Trooper.

That would be news to me. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I'm only aware of his daughter who I believe is around 3 yrs old. She was at his press conference when he announced he was flipping to AU this past summer.

That would be news to me. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I'm only aware of his daughter who I believe is around 3 yrs old. She was at his press conference when he announced he was flipping to AU this past summer.

this is what i thought.

this is what i thought.

I like having a kid who chooses to be a responsible father in the fold. Whether or not he initially chose to be a father at all, regardless of how many times over, is water under the bridge IMO.

Not arguing or calling out any previous posts. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a thread bashing the kid for youthful indiscretions. Seems like most threads these days turn into bashing somebody for something (justified, in the case of anybody who gets paid to put the current product on the field).

Emory was set to play for Texas Tech before signing with Auburn. I'm sure Okie State was recruiting him, but they didn't have success signing him until they got to Auburn.

Okie St. never offered EB.

Interesting. I wonder why the change of heart since Looper and Trooper were two central figures in establishing OkSU's recruiting targets, and they had the same role here at Auburn.

Archived