2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, ellitor, for the update. Count me among those who are willing to lose a recruiting class for a better future. But the new coach had better get his butt on some living room couches pronto.

Thanks, ellitor, for the update. Count me among those who are willing to lose a recruiting class for a better future. But the new coach had better get his butt on some living room couches pronto.

lol. You are welcome but what update did I give in this thread?

He's already decided what he'll do about the tattoo if he decommits.

http://blogs.ajc.com...-auburn-tattoo/

So that means if we fire Chizik we're gonna lose Rueben Foster, Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Jeremey Johnson, and probably Earnest Robinson (and probably others). I know people are saying that losing this one recruiting class is worth firing Chizik but Im not so sure. Everyone of these kids could start for our team right off the bat.

Dang it! Does this mean we are going to be young and inexperienced?????

By saying this, I guess youd pick Jonathan wallace (or Mosley or Frazier)who has some experience over Jeremy Johnson who is better than all the QBs we have . And I also guess youd choose Holland who has ton of experience over Foster/Johnson who are a tad bit more athletic than Holland. This class isnt just some average class. We have 5 recruits right now that could change our teams results from the start. And I say this not trying to diss our current players.

We have had top10 recruiting classes the last 3 years. Talent is not the problem-COACHING is.

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

It is amazing that all these proven coaches with solid track records just FORGOT how to coach. I would be willing to bet that none of them have any problem finding a job if they leave.

I seem to recall a LOT of people whining about TX taking coach CGC away from us and later whining and fretting that our OL coach was going to jump ship and go to TX. I also recall reading all summer here about "fear the stache" and all CBVG's and Martinez credentials and how great they were going to be.

Now, this same brain trust is telling me these same coaches don't know how to coach. Of course this same brain trust bragged and warned everyone "KF, he a comin..."

Bottom line, no coach in history would have had a winning record with the personnel we have put on the field this year. I do think a lot of these guys will grow into winners, but it will take some growing. When you play THREE QB's and end up starting a true freshman in the SEC AND you have a young/weak interior OL AND DL, it is going to be a LONG season for anyone in the SEC.

What this program needs more than anything is another solid top 10 recruiting class. I am all for whichever coach, new or old, can deliver that and fill the needs we have. There is a recruiting machine across the state and if we are going to compete with them on the field, we have to compete with them in recruiting.

So that means if we fire Chizik we're gonna lose Rueben Foster, Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Jeremey Johnson, and probably Earnest Robinson (and probably others). I know people are saying that losing this one recruiting class is worth firing Chizik but Im not so sure. Everyone of these kids could start for our team right off the bat.

By saying this, I guess youd pick Jonathan wallace (or Mosley or Frazier)who has some experience over Jeremy Johnson who is better than all the QBs we have . And I also guess youd choose Holland who has ton of experience over Foster/Johnson who are a tad bit more athletic than Holland. This class isnt just some average class. We have 5 recruits right now that could change our teams results from the start. And I say this not trying to diss our current players.

We have had top10 recruiting classes the last 3 years. Talent is not the problem-COACHING is.

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

It is amazing that all these proven coaches with solid track records just FORGOT how to coach. I would be willing to bet that none of them have any problem finding a job if they leave.

I seem to recall a LOT of people whining about TX taking coach CGC away from us and later whining and fretting that our OL coach was going to jump ship and go to TX. I also recall reading all summer here about "fear the stache" and all CBVG's and Martinez credentials and how great they were going to be.

Now, this same brain trust is telling me these same coaches don't know how to coach. Of course this same brain trust bragged and warned everyone "KF, he a comin..."

Bottom line, no coach in history would have had a winning record with the personnel we have put on the field this year. I do think a lot of these guys will grow into winners, but it will take some growing. When you play THREE QB's and end up starting a true freshman in the SEC AND you have a young/weak interior OL AND DL, it is going to be a LONG season for anyone in the SEC.

What this program needs more than anything is another solid top 10 recruiting class. I am all for whichever coach, new or old, can deliver that and fill the needs we have. There is a recruiting machine across the state and if we are going to compete with them on the field, we have to compete with them in recruiting.

What I can't figure out is how BVG coached some incredible defenses at Georgia from 2001 to 2004 and coached 4 years in the NFL but does not know what tackling is. Chiz was apart of 3 undefeated teams, 2 with Auburn and 1 with Texas, but has no clue that fundamentals are key to winning football games. A waterboy with that much exposure to elite athletes, teams, and coaches should know how to tackle properly. Maybe it's in the water at Auburn? Maybe Harvey Updike has brainwashed these two coaches into forgetting fundamentals?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

We need this recruiting class and Auburn does not need a mass exodus of players.

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

What I can't figure out is how BVG coached some incredible defenses at Georgia from 2001 to 2004 and coached 4 years in the NFL but does not know what tackling is. Chiz was apart of 3 undefeated teams, 2 with Auburn and 1 with Texas, but has no clue that fundamentals are key to winning football games. A waterboy with that much exposure to elite athletes, teams, and coaches should know how to tackle properly. Maybe it's in the water at Auburn? Maybe Harvey Updike has brainwashed these two coaches into forgetting fundamentals?

We need this recruiting class and Auburn does not need a mass exodus of players.

They have nor forgotten the fundamentals of tackling. I there there a multitude of factors. GC and BVG are both Tampa 2 guys which was the predominant D scheme in the first part of the century. I think the offense of the last 8 years or so have been developed as a counter to the Tampa 2.. I also think it's hard for players to play fundamentally sound when the HC expects but does not adhere to discipline himself.

They have nor forgotten the fundamentals of tackling. I there there a multitude of factors. GC and BVG are both Tampa 2 guys which was the predominant D scheme in the first part of the century. I think the offense of the last 8 years or so have been developed as a counter to the Tampa 2.. I also think it's hard for players to play fundamentally sound when the HC expects but does not adhere to discipline himself.

I can't pretend to know anything about the ins and outs of the Tampa 2 so I will take your word as gospel.

Your HC discipline comment is interesting to say the least.

A mass exodus of these pre-madonna type players may not hurt as bad as some think. In fact, it may be what we need.

A mass exodus of these pre-madonna type players may not hurt as bad as some think. In fact, it may be what we need.

You are so right ,Carl!(circa 1970 CSJ)

1. A new coach will have the inside track to re-recruit Auburn's current commitments.

2. IMHO Auburn would lose several commitments between now and signing day even if CGC is the coach in 2013. I can't imagine a player watching Auburn play and say "I want to be a part of this."

3. It is more important to change the tone of the program than bring in another highly rated recruiting class who will probably under-achieve and not develop into as complete players as their counterparts who go to uat, lsu, uga, uf etc......

4. Auburn owes it to the current players who bet on Auburn to maximize their potential for the best shot of playing in the NFL, to bring in a coaching staff who can develop players, teach the fundamentals of the game, and instill the mental and physical toughness needed to play in the SEC.

Yeah, what we need is another good crop of two star players with a positive mental attitude who love AU and appreciate that we give full 4 year scholarships and don't cut loose guys who can't cut it at the SEC LEVEL, THEN all our fans will be happy and we will be able to compete with the guys across the state.

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

E., Can you expand on your last sentence above without breaching a confidence? I have not heard that example. PM if you want.

Prima donna.

Yep. Players these days are most definitely post-Madonna.

Prima donna.

She's still making records. Granted, I doubt they are as "good" as the ones made in the 80s and early 90s.

Prima donna.

She's still making records. Granted, I doubt they are as "good" as the ones made in the 80s and early 90s.

True. But we're practically post-Gaga at this point, even if the Rolling Stones are planning a tour soon.

thank goodness we got some levity into the RF thread! it got derailed with the same arguments every other thread gets derailed into nowadays ... but a good thread hijack regarding pop culture ... me likey

Prima donna.

I think this was a reference to Debbie Harry

The pre-Madonna era was OWNED by Chrissie Hynde, you guys are nuts. Don't pretend.

Barry Manilow says HELLLOOOOOO. weeg's is going to be so mad at you people. Barry is a cross-genre/cross-gender kind of performer and it is high time he was recognized for these facts.

The pre-Madonna era was OWNED by Chrissie Hynde, you guys are nuts. Don't pretend.

Barry Manilow says HELLLOOOOOO. weeg's is going to be so mad at you people. Barry is a cross-genre/cross-gender kind of performer and it is high time he was recognized for these facts.

Ha! Weegs is too busy bashing the coaches to express his love for Barry Manilow!

Archived