2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E - I guess I may be stupid but what does that link mean? t takes me back to that tard weezy and his Liner crap. What is the hidden message? PM me if need be. Sorry and TIA!

E - I guess I may be stupid but what does that link mean? t takes me back to that tard weezy and his Liner crap. What is the hidden message? PM me if need be. Sorry and TIA!

The link I posted was Fosters latest inteview and I posted it because someone started another thread with the interview not knowing it was already on this thread.

E- wasn't Foster a top prospect? I think on one service he was ranked second. Shouldn't he be a five-star on most services then? ESPN has him as a four-star and ranked 24th. Was he downgraded by them? If so, why?

E- wasn't Foster a top prospect? I think on one service he was ranked second. Shouldn't he be a five-star on most services then? ESPN has him as a four-star and ranked 24th. Was he downgraded by them? If so, why?

Yes. The horrible game he had versus Carver on National tv and infront of Tom Luginbil.

Yes. The horrible game he had versus Carver on National tv and infront of Tom Luginbil.

alright thanks. On the bright side, Carl Lawson took his spot there on ESPN. Hopefully he sticks with us.

Auburn beat Oak Mountain last night in the first round of the playoffs 35-10 and Rueben had a pretty good game. I think OMHS would have had a better game if 75% of their plays weren't QB keepers or FB handoffs. They ran a wishbone some and the QB was pretty good with his fakes, but the defense started keying on the FB, since he was getting the ball a lot. The fullback still looked pretty good, but not sure if any D1 schools are looking at him. Reuben was not used on offense much last night, but he did come in and show his quickness and power on a goal line score. AHS was at the 2 or 3 yard line and, of course, when RF comes in everyone knows he is going to get the ball. Well, he took the handoff and was going to run it straight up the middle no doubt bulldozing the entire defense if he had to, to get into the end zone. But the intended hole was totally plugged up. So instead, at essentially full speed (he can accelerate to full speed in 2 or 3 steps--it's an amazing thing to see!), he sidestepped to the left and essentially went in untouched through a crease. On defense last night he was all over the place, making some crazy hard hits. Again, a lot of that is his speed, and when you add in his size and strength, there were some real bonecrushers. I still think that he is sometimes still playing so fast he is a little out of control and can come in so fast that even a slight move/juke by the ball carrier and he zooms by or barely gets an arm on them. Fortunately for AHS (and AU) he is doing that a lot less at this point in the season than what we saw earlier in the season, like in the Carver game where he looked pretty bad. I think with some more, better coaching at the next level, he will learn to change gears at the appropriate times to let him take great advantage of his speed, but also maintain control. I'm looking forward to watching it, too!

Auburn beat Oak Mountain last night in the first round of the playoffs 35-10 and Rueben had a pretty good game. I think OMHS would have had a better game if 75% of their plays weren't QB keepers or FB handoffs. They ran a wishbone some and the QB was pretty good with his fakes, but the defense started keying on the FB, since he was getting the ball a lot. The fullback still looked pretty good, but not sure if any D1 schools are looking at him. Reuben was not used on offense much last night, but he did come in and show his quickness and power on a goal line score. AHS was at the 2 or 3 yard line and, of course, when RF comes in everyone knows he is going to get the ball. Well, he took the handoff and was going to run it straight up the middle no doubt bulldozing the entire defense if he had to, to get into the end zone. But the intended hole was totally plugged up. So instead, at essentially full speed (he can accelerate to full speed in 2 or 3 steps--it's an amazing thing to see!), he sidestepped to the left and essentially went in untouched through a crease. On defense last night he was all over the place, making some crazy hard hits. Again, a lot of that is his speed, and when you add in his size and strength, there were some real bonecrushers. I still think that he is sometimes still playing so fast he is a little out of control and can come in so fast that even a slight move/juke by the ball carrier and he zooms by or barely gets an arm on them. Fortunately for AHS (and AU) he is doing that a lot less at this point in the season than what we saw earlier in the season, like in the Carver game where he looked pretty bad. I think with some more, better coaching at the next level, he will learn to change gears at the appropriate times to let him take great advantage of his speed, but also maintain control. I'm looking forward to watching it, too!

Guess who he plays next week...#4 Reuben and Auburn at #2 Jason Smith and McGill, That nmy be the highest ranked second round game of 2 teams in state playoff history.

Reuben will be awesome. ESPN can take back all his stars. Maybe everyone will stop trying to flip him....YEAH RIGHT. Luginbill is a douchebag. Reuben's problem with JJ was that he was kinda in no mans land, all alone on D that night. When JJ got to him he was at full speed and Reuben was fending off blocks or leaving the back he was covering to try and catch JJ. Has anyone stopped JJ yet? Other than when he had to leave the game? Jason may give him fits too if RF is forced to go it alone.

P.S. - 1,000!!! Yea for me! Lol.

Ummm, I'm a pretty big fan of Reuben's and am very happy he is coming to AU, but I do not think Lugenbill's downgrade was unreasonable if it was just based on his performance the night of the Carver game. Now, you can certainly argue about whether that one sub-par performance should impact his entire body of work or not. But I have seen Reuben play several games in person this year including the Carver game, and I do not think it is accurate to say Reuben's problems were solely caused by his teammates. Reuben had a bad game against Carver and JJ might have had a career game that night. I was surprised and disappointed with RF as were a LOT of other ardent AU and AHS fans there because we discussed it. There were several times where he simply couldn't fight off a single blocker to make the play and it resulted in huge plays for Carver. (Not sure if you watched the game, but there was one point in the second quarter where Carver scored long TDs on three straight offensive plays and it wasn't pretty--turning a fairly close game into a rout.) There were also several times that he flew around the field essentially getting to the ball but being out of control and missing the tackle. That is why I have qualified my remarks in this thread every time I talked about an AHS game, just as I did this weekend by describing how he is maturing and how his raw talent is transitioning to some dominating performances. He is without a doubt a very high ceiling guy with his size and speed and I hope like heck he still ends up at AU. But I think he would be the first one to tell you that his performance earlier in the season and particularly in the Carver game was not good.

He's already decided what he'll do about the tattoo if he decommits.

http://blogs.ajc.com...-auburn-tattoo/

From the article:

“I told Georgia in my head I am unsure, because I have an Auburn tattoo, but Georgia told me not to worry about it, because they will take me with open arms. They said I like to wear sleeves anyway, so it would only be showing when I am in the game. I do like wearing sleeves.”

Wonderful.

So that means if we fire Chizik we're gonna lose Rueben Foster, Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Jeremey Johnson, and probably Earnest Robinson (and probably others). I know people are saying that losing this one recruiting class is worth firing Chizik but Im not so sure. Everyone of these kids could start for our team right off the bat.

From the article:

“I told Georgia in my head I am unsure, because I have an Auburn tattoo, but Georgia told me not to worry about it, because they will take me with open arms. They said I like to wear sleeves anyway, so it would only be showing when I am in the game. I do like wearing sleeves.”

Wonderful.

Even more wonderful from the article,

""Foster, who played at Troup High School until his senior season, remains committed to Auburn but told the website that a coaching change “would make me want to look around.”"

Probably only until he finds out who the new coach will be but who knows. This is why we need to get moving on this, one way or the other.

So that means if we fire Chizik we're gonna lose Rueben Foster, Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Jeremey Johnson, and probably Earnest Robinson (and probably others). I know people are saying that losing this one recruiting class is worth firing Chizik but Im not so sure. Everyone of these kids could start for our team right off the bat.

Dang it! Does this mean we are going to be young and inexperienced?????

By saying this, I guess youd pick Jonathan wallace (or Mosley or Frazier)who has some experience over Jeremy Johnson who is better than all the QBs we have . And I also guess youd choose Holland who has ton of experience over Foster/Johnson who are a tad bit more athletic than Holland. This class isnt just some average class. We have 5 recruits right now that could change our teams results from the start. And I say this not trying to diss our current players.

I'm told that Reuben is committed to Auburn regardless of what happens with Chizik, as long as we bring in a reputable coach if Chiz does get fired. Reuben wants to stay close to his family, which is the main reason he'll ultimately be a Tiger. Got this from a guy who told me for certain that Reuben was going to flip to Auburn a couple of months before it happened. He's really close to Reuben so he's got good insight on the situation as well as how Reuben feels about some of our other commits and prospects.

By saying this, I guess youd pick Jonathan wallace (or Mosley or Frazier)who has some experience over Jeremy Johnson who is better than all the QBs we have . And I also guess youd choose Holland who has ton of experience over Foster/Johnson who are a tad bit more athletic than Holland. This class isnt just some average class. We have 5 recruits right now that could change our teams results from the start. And I say this not trying to diss our current players.

We have had top10 recruiting classes the last 3 years. Talent is not the problem-COACHING is.

I'm told that Reuben is committed to Auburn regardless of what happens with Chizik, as long as we bring in a reputable coach if Chiz does get fired. Reuben wants to stay close to his family, which is the main reason he'll ultimately be a Tiger. Got this from a guy who told me for certain that Reuben was going to flip to Auburn a couple of months before it happened. He's really close to Reuben so he's got good insight on the situation as well as how Reuben feels about some of our other commits and prospects.

Thanks for sharing!

We have had top10 recruiting classes the last 3 years. Talent is not the problem-COACHING is.

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

In my opinion most of our star recruits were on the offensive side and those recruits were meant for the spread. And of course attrition didnt help this out. So I still think we lack defensive stars. And dont get me wrong, something HAS to change with this staff. I think it starts by letting go some of the assistants go (Pelton and Loeffler for instance) and by changing our strength program. Also, we should go back to the spread. If we can hold on to this class and keep them in school we could be realllllyyyyy good.

And when thinking about coaching changes dont think we should factor in games after the Vanderbilt game because our players quit on the season after that game...

^^^^BINGO!!!^^^^

In my opinion most of our star recruits were on the offensive side and those recruits were meant for the spread. And of course attrition didnt help this out. So I still think we lack defensive stars. And dont get me wrong, something HAS to change with this staff. I think it starts by letting go some of the assistants go (Pelton and Loeffler for instance) and by changing our strength program. Also, we should go back to the spread. If we can hold on to this class and keep them in school we could be realllllyyyyy good.

And when thinking about coaching changes dont think we should factor in games after the Vanderbilt game because our players quit on the season after that game...

I can agree with much of what you said but you are not calling for nearly as much change as I believe is needed. First, we need new direction in the AD dept. and HC positions. Nothing personal, just business. They have stunk the place up minus 2010. Run the players that you say "quit on the season". We don't need them around. We must pretty much start over. It's sad but true. Does Dr. Gouge have what it takes to make the changes? I don't know. I'm very interested to find out.

If players like Reuben Foster and Jeremy Johnson will look else where if a coaching change is made, then I wish them the very best. We can't afford to keep the same head coach and staff together for even 1 more year. I really wish these young men would all be men of their words and stick with their Auburn commitments and Auburn tats. Hopefully they think about it and will still want to become Auburn Tigers come Feb. 2, 2013.

Archived