2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

War Eagle Mr. Reuben.

This is also after his visit to Death Valley after #9 LSU beat #3 USCe. Probably the best LSU has to offer and he is just as firm to Auburn as before if not more. This says something about what he sees in the coaches that we aren't seeing right now.

If we fire CGC and bring in someone else, we will say he did it w CGC recruits. I say we leave CGC alone and focus more on CSL. He is the "master mind" behind this predictable offense.

This way, we keep our recruits but get a better OC.

Sorry to ramble

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Eagle Mr. Reuben.

This is also after his visit to Death Valley after #9 LSU beat #3 USCe. Probably the best LSU has to offer and he is just as firm to Auburn as before if not more. This says something about what he sees in the coaches that we aren't seeing right now.

If we fire CGC and bring in someone else, we will say he did it w CGC recruits. I say we leave CGC alone and focus more on CSL. He is the "master mind" behind this predictable offense.

This way, we keep our recruits but get a better OC.

Sorry to ramble

Thank you! :jossun:

how is it that this young man's page hasn't been updated in nearly a week? has he nothing to say about AU? if he now having second thoughts? his silence is bothering more than anything else in AU recruiting. To me, he IS the 2013 recruiting class. Without him, a lot could go down quickly. JMHO.

how is it that this young man's page hasn't been updated in nearly a week? has he nothing to say about AU? if he now having second thoughts? his silence is bothering more than anything else in AU recruiting. To me, he IS the 2013 recruiting class. Without him, a lot could go down quickly. JMHO.

He has not been silent. All his recent comments are in premium articles but were very positive for Auburn.

Reuben had a pretty good game for Auburn High School tonight in their 32-23 win over rival Opelika High School. I was very pleased with what I saw tonight. He was more under control on his blitzes and other pursuits of ball carriers and cut down on some of the whiffs on tackles he had earlier in the season. Tonight sometimes when he came into the backfield fast (did I say he is fast?!?) and the runner juked and he looked like he was going to miss the tackle altogether, he either delayed the runner enough for others to arrive and help OR he got just enough to take the runner down. Of course other times he just ate the runner/QB alive. I am very pleased to see this development from earlier in the season because he truly is a VERY gifted athlete. So, I don't have his stats, but I know he had several tackles for loss/sacks and other tackles as well. He also had a bone cruncher on the opening kickoff after flying down the field on coverage (did I say he was fast?!?). All of that said, I would have to say tonight that he was most impressive running the ball. He doesn't play on offense all the time, but when he goes out on the field, everyone in the stadium pretty much knows he's going to get the ball, and yet he still gets yardage. Normally it is tough, right up the gut yards like he did for one touchdown tonight. He just puts it into another gear and refuses to be denied. Tonight he also broke loose on a ~20-25 yard run for a touchdown and it was a thing of beauty. He has really good vision and can change directions and cut pretty well, and if he gets in the open field, I am pretty sure you're not going to catch him (did I say he was fast?!?). This is where you see the difference between 40 speed and on the field speed with pads on. I have no idea what his current 40 time is, but he runs with speed and like a big ole wrecking ball when he hits the first wave of defenders. Now, I know he is going to be a tremendous linebacker for AU, and we would very likely never ask him to take snaps on the other side, but just keep this LARGE, FAST running back capability tucked away under your hat in the event that it might come in handy some day. ;D

PS. Cameron Luper went down on a very ugly and dirty play tonight in the first half and didn't come back. He is a really talented kid with speed, quickness, ability to turn on a dime and a very good overall vision of the field. On the play he was hurt, he had scrambled for a first down and then slid down rather than get tackled. Well, one of the OHS defenders (who was ejected from the game as a result) decided that wasn't good enough and speared him in the head on the ground. He was down for a very long time and it appeared he was knocked unconscious. He eventually got up and looked very woozy as he weaved his way with assistance back to the AHS locker room. I was thinking to myself that aTm might have had a few coaches at the game tonight since they would be in the area for the game tomorrow night and I bet they didn't like that scene any more than the rest of us.

I agree that he is all linebacker....but MAYBE if we dont sign a large bruiser RB this year, we could bring him in to run for goal line situations...kinda like Tennessee's star linebacker

I dont understand the statement that if CGC gets fired RF is gone. You think the product on the field is making CGC more valuable in RFs mind? I would think that the firing and subsequent hiring will help AU in recruiting if it is done properly ( without JJ).

Thank god for him he can get that tatoo removed

So, it sounds like you hope Reuben is NOT a part of a recruiting class that may be able to help unsink this ship the next few years?!? Do you WANT Auburn to continue to play badly for the next several years?!? As angry and upset as fans rightfully are, that's just one of the stupidest things you can ever say if you're a true Auburn fan.

Well with Liner flipping to bama, I hope the whole class doesn't crumble....out of Foster, Liner and Lawson I'd rather lose Liner.

Link? Every recruiting source on the 'net has Liner firm to Auburn. His last personal statement had him firm to Auburn. Going back to last summer, he'd visited Tuskaloser maybe 15 times and still held firm to Auburn.

Unless you have a verified, legitimate, direct quote from Liner saying he's decommitted, you are doing nothing but trolling.

Well with Liner flipping to bama, I hope the whole class doesn't crumble....out of Foster, Liner and Lawson I'd rather lose Liner.

Link? Every recruiting source on the 'net has Liner firm to Auburn. His last personal statement had him firm to Auburn. Going back to last summer, he'd visited Tuskaloser maybe 15 times and still held firm to Auburn.

Unless you have a verified, legitimate, direct quote from Liner saying he's decommitted, you are doing nothing but trolling.

^^^^THIS If it has not publicly happened so please don't talk like it has. Nobody wants to read preemptive doom and gloom crap. You have such a negative view on everything that you get off on trying to bring everyone else down with you. None of us want to deal with that crap so can you please do everyone a favor and post on another site til you can cheer up or at least stop posting with the sole purpose of bringing everyone down?

^^^^THIS If it has not publicly happened so please don't talk like it has. Nobody wants to read preemptive doom and gloom crap. You have such a negative view on everything that you get off on trying to bring everyone else down with you. None of us want to deal with that crap so can you please do everyone a favor and post on another site til you can cheer up or at least stop posting with the sole purpose of bringing everyone down?

+1 Ellitor I know we have a strict policy here of not banning anyone but even after ignoring I still see pages of people responding to whatever crap this guy has said. You got any pull - because even your posts will just fuel this kid and ill see respoonses for the next 2 pages.

+1 Ellitor I know we have a strict policy here of not banning anyone but even after ignoring I still see pages of people responding to whatever crap this guy has said. You got any pull - because even your posts will just fuel this kid and ill see respoonses for the next 2 pages.

You can't fix stupid....just not possible. :gofig:

I haven't heard anything on Lawson, we can't lose that kid. I think he's out top recruit IMO, don't matter who's coaching that kid, he's gonna killlllll opposing OL, hope he brings that killer attitude to AU!!!

I haven't heard anything on Lawson, we can't lose that kid. I think he's out top recruit IMO, don't matter who's coaching that kid, he's gonna killlllll opposing OL, hope he brings that killer attitude to AU!!!

No disrespect but when did you become an insider? I do not recall you posting that way til the past couple of das

No disrespect but when did you become an insider? I do not recall you posting that way til the past couple of das

Yeah. That's like calling me an insider...

Archived