2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I hope Foster and Liner are still ALL IN aftr seeing our first 2 games.

Foster is ALL IN. His recruiting and charisma may hold this class together if the on field season sinks.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably feel that if the current players don't want to step up and play well they (recruits) could come in and get plenty of playing time. Miner, Lawson and Foster strike me as the kind of players that play with an attitude and will bust their tuchuses not to lose-something some of the current players seem to be lacking.

They probably feel that if the current players don't want to step up and play well they (recruits) could come in and get plenty of playing time. Miner, Lawson and Foster strike me as the kind of players that play with an attitude and will bust their tuchuses not to lose-something some of the current players seem to be lacking.

Mad props, but if you are going to bring the yiddish then come correct; they need to bust their "tushes" off there bubbeleh. L'chaim and war damn eagle!

Reuben had a big game last night against Smiths Station in a 48-7 win. My first time seeing him in person. He's the real deal. When I left in the 4th quarter he had about 8 tackles, 3 for loss. He also scored 2 short rushing TDs. Some observations:

1. He is as instinctive of a middle linebacker as you will see in high school. He diagnoses plays instantly and pursues everything from sideline to sideline. Smiths tried to run away from him but he still made an impact.

2. For a kid that's 6-2, 230, he's pretty dang fast. He probably runs a legit 4.6 40.

3. He is RELENTLESS. Like I said, he pursues everything from sideline to sideline. He never quits on a play. In the third quarter, he broke through the line and partially blocked a punt by completely laying out and hitting the punter. The kick went about 10 yards before a Smiths player picked it up and tried to run with it. The kid hadn't gotten five yards before Reuben ran him down and slammed him to the turf. Just an awesome display of sheer will. Captivating stuff to watch if you haven't seen him yet.

4. He hits like a ton of bricks and plays with passion. He is pumped up after every tackle.

I just heard a guy on the opening drive talking ab it and was just seeing I anybody else had heard anything?

NotMyBoy, you shouldn't listen to anything those bammers spew. Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot who I was responding to. Listen and believe everything they spew.

Reuben had a big game last night against Smiths Station in a 48-7 win. My first time seeing him in person. He's the real deal. When I left in the 4th quarter he had about 8 tackles, 3 for loss. He also scored 2 short rushing TDs. Some observations:

1. He is as instinctive of a middle linebacker as you will see in high school. He diagnoses plays instantly and pursues everything from sideline to sideline. Smiths tried to run away from him but he still made an impact.

2. For a kid that's 6-2, 230, he's pretty dang fast. He probably runs a legit 4.6 40.

3. He is RELENTLESS. Like I said, he pursues everything from sideline to sideline. He never quits on a play. In the third quarter, he broke through the line and partially blocked a punt by completely laying out and hitting the punter. The kick went about 10 yards before a Smiths player picked it up and tried to run with it. The kid hadn't gotten five yards before Reuben ran him down and slammed him to the turf. Just an awesome display of sheer will. Captivating stuff to watch if you haven't seen him yet.

4. He hits like a ton of bricks and plays with passion. He is pumped up after every tackle.

OK..What am I missing here. Something isn't right with that statement. You said the ball went about 10 yards, so did it cross the neutral zone? I'm having a hard time figuring out how he blocked the punt AND then why he would tackle the player returning it. The only way that would make sense is if the kick never crossed the neutral zone.

The kid picked it up and started running and officials didn't blow it dead immediately. It didn't count as a tackle officially, but just wanted to point that out as an example of how relentless he is.

If he remotely paid a bit of attention to our defense today, he knows that he will start from day one by looking at Holland.

I wouldn't count on that. He will likely start at outside linebacker, but not middle linebacker. It will be very difficult for a true freshman to learn how to make the calls for the entire defense. Holland is getting better every game also.

If he remotely paid a bit of attention to our defense today, he knows that he will start from day one by looking at Holland.

I wouldn't count on that. He will likely start at outside linebacker, but not middle linebacker. It will be very difficult for a true freshman to learn how to make the calls for the entire defense. Holland is getting better every game also.

Ruben does have the advantage that he will have been watching AU practice for over a year by the time he suits up. He could pick up quite a bit of the mental side of the game along the way.

You must be watching different games than I am. Whether he knows the defense or not, anything will be better. At least he would be able to tackle. By watching the game today, it seems that Jake doesn't know the defense any better than Foster knows it now.

Archived