2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

We need a new MLB. There's a difference in having to learn new schemes and not welling to take on OL in the holes. He was catching blockers 5 yards down field. Hard for safeties to fill run gaps when their MLB is blocked in to them. Defense will improve throughout the season and I'm looking forward to watching it.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't dissected every defensive play from Saturday, but I remember saying out loud that Holland did do a great job of filling in his gap and taking down the ball carrier on more than one occasion. One time I remember he was a bit too late and therefore got dragged for 5 yard gain, but he is clearly getting closer to Bynes' level on run stuffing. I had the perfect view for disecting, too. Very top of the dome where I could see the entire field. Holland is improving. It's Bates STILL not being able to form tackle that has me irked.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not saying that Holland played great. I'm saying from the few plays I saw him, he did a pretty good job.

When your defense gives up over 500 yards against a team playing a very young and inexperienced offensive line theres plenty of blame to go around. Rather than load up on the players, the guys making the millions are the ones who deserve the scrutiny. At some point, its not just about the players. its about the preparation, ie...the coaching!

When your defense gives up over 500 yards against a team playing a very young and inexperienced offensive line theres plenty of blame to go around. Rather than load up on the players, the guys making the millions are the ones who deserve the scrutiny. At some point, its not just about the players. its about the preparation, ie...the coaching!

Let's all remember this is one of the first times if not the first time BVG faced an up tempo spread offense. And then they unveiled the pistol for the first time for Clemson. It was bound to be a bumpy ride. No blame needs to be thrown around anywhere. Besides, when we look back on this season I bet we see this as the fewest or second fewest points given up to Clemson all year.

Holland is the middle linebacker who won the job. Apparently CVG thinks he is capable of the job. One game does not a season make and to say that Jake Holland is not good enough is a bit premature. I think he will get better as the season progresses, as he becomes more familiar with the system. He was the second leading tackler on the team. Did he make mistakes? Yes but tell me who didn't. While I am sure Reuben Foster will be a great LB for Auburn, to belittle Jake Holland or any one else on Auburn's football team is insulting to me. While everyone has a right to their opinion please do not belittle individual players who are trying their best and learning the new system. Enjoy every game this season, take in every moment because it will be over before you know it. Win or lose I love Auburn and appreciate each young man who adorns the football uniform, works their butt of in practice and gives all they have every minute of every game, just sayin.............

^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let's all remember this is one of the first times if not the first time BVG faced an up tempo spread offense. And then they unveiled the pistol for the first time for Clemson. It was bound to be a bumpy ride. No blame needs to be thrown around anywhere. Besides, when we look back on this season I bet we see this as the fewest or second fewest points given up to Clemson all year.

I do agree with this. That offense is going to provide FITS in the ACC.

People need to slow down with the RF knows the defense talk. Just because he shows up to practice and he knows the X and Os of the defense doesn't mean it will necessarily click on the field right away. There is a reason people put a big emphasis on game experience because it is impossible to replicate.

I hope Foster is good enough to come in and start. I believe it says more to his ability than the lack of such shown by Holland. I do not keep my hopes up though

I want to go to sleep and wake up for the 2013 AU season opener... :sleeping:

Public Service Announcement: Just like the Democratic National Convention, you do not have to watch.

I want to go to sleep and wake up for the 2013 AU season opener... :sleeping:

Public Service Announcement: Just like the Democratic National Convention, you do not have to watch.

Indeed. I'm not giving ujp on 2012 just yet. 10-2, 9-3 or thereabouts is still very possible. Wouldn't want to sleep through it myself.

@JHokanson:

Auburn High beat Jeff Davis 48-2

Reuben Foster finished with 7 tackles, a sack and a FF. He also had a 28-yard TD run on his only carry of the night

Reuben Foster scored his third rushing TD in Auburn High's last two games tonight. He's the nation's top linebacker.

He is being used at RB/FB to help the AHS offense with a young offensive line that is small compared to other 6A schools this season. He brings size to that side of the ball as a runner. He looks "ok" running the ball, but you can tell he has way too much LB in him. lol

As for his play on defense.....just being on the field make the rest of the defense better. Teams are trying to keep him from making an impact, yet all it does is open others up for plays in the backfield. To me, as a spectator, he is a force when needed to be. You can also tell they are trying to be conservative with him until they hit region play.

He is 6'2 250 LBs and pretty damn fast, I would put him at RB too if I wanted to win a game. While that strategy does not work on the college level, it is the perfect strategy for high school. There is one maybe two guys on the field who can consistently make a legitimate tackle of RF on the high school level

I hope Foster and Liner are still ALL IN aftr seeing our first 2 games.

No offense, but I think we need to be more concerned with what we have, not what we don't have.

Archived