2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Maybe he thinks he'll be the next #2 for AU :wedance:

Didn't somebody say that OJ Howard likes the number 2? I read that on one of the threads here and somebody suggested giving him that number if he would flip even though it was Cam's.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pretty good read...

“When my coach left Troup, there was a lot of stuff going on that I didn’t want to be a part of, so I was just looking for a high school. I found Auburn High because we played against them last year and they had a good team,” Foster said. “I was going to go to Oxford but I said no, because Auburn is close to my family. Alabama isn’t close to my family. I’m just a family person. You have Alabama, you know, ‘Roll Tide’ and a championship team. And you have Auburn, ‘War Eagle’ and the AU family. A guy like me, I’m all about family. I care about national championships, but I’m going to win a national championship with a family before I do it with a team.”

When asked if he wanted to say anything to Auburn students and fans, he didn’t promise a national championship or an undefeated season. Instead, he pledged to work hard in honor of his family.

“Auburn fans, I’m not going anywhere,” Foster said. “I’m staying, to do it for my cousin, Ladarious Phillips, man. And to do what people think nobody like me can do, just to prove them wrong. Just to cherish every single moment and every chance I get, because I don’t take anything for granted.”

Read more:The Auburn Plainsman - For Reuben Foster it’s family above all

A pretty good read...

“When my coach left Troup, there was a lot of stuff going on that I didn’t want to be a part of, so I was just looking for a high school. I found Auburn High because we played against them last year and they had a good team,” Foster said. “I was going to go to Oxford but I said no, because Auburn is close to my family. Alabama isn’t close to my family. I’m just a family person. You have Alabama, you know, ‘Roll Tide’ and a championship team. And you have Auburn, ‘War Eagle’ and the AU family. A guy like me, I’m all about family. I care about national championships, but I’m going to win a national championship with a family before I do it with a team.”

When asked if he wanted to say anything to Auburn students and fans, he didn’t promise a national championship or an undefeated season. Instead, he pledged to work hard in honor of his family.

“Auburn fans, I’m not going anywhere,” Foster said. “I’m staying, to do it for my cousin, Ladarious Phillips, man. And to do what people think nobody like me can do, just to prove them wrong. Just to cherish every single moment and every chance I get, because I don’t take anything for granted.”

Read more:The Auburn Plainsman - For Reuben Foster it’s family above all

Great stuff. Thanks for that RIR. I like this young man more and more.

Maybe he thinks he'll be the next #2 for AU :wedance:

Didn't somebody say that OJ Howard likes the number 2? I read that on one of the threads here and somebody suggested giving him that number if he would flip even though it was Cam's.

OJ wears #5.

i just listened to that video ... i like this kid. he has charisma. and he can play. this is the kind of kid that can flat lead a championship team if he stays focused. him and carl lawson could very well be the pied pipers of future great auburn teams.

Still don't understand Washington. Tosh Lupoi must be a hell of a recruiter

With Reuben being 100% committed to Auburn(hence the tattoo) he is just enjoying his visits. Why not go on a free trip to Washington and to Miami. Just enjoying the experience

Why not go on a free trip to Washington and to Miami.

Because it is Washington :dunno:

Now I can understand Miami....

only thing i can think of is that is two of the geographically most polar opposite major programs in mainland U.S. ... gotta be some kind of inside joke for him.

Auburn High up 20-7 in the 3rd. Reuben has two rushing TDs of 1 yard each. Playing strong on the D side also. Cameron Echols-Luper went down on the last play of the half and has not returned. No report on injury.

Auburn High up 20-7 in the 3rd. Reuben has two rushing TDs of 1 yard each. Playing strong on the D side also. Cameron Echols-Luper went down on the last play of the half and has not returned. No report on injury.

Separated shoulder.

A few quick thoughts on the Auburn-Valley game:

Foster's every bit as good as advertised. Stats will probably not jump out at you for this game, but he definitely brought the pain with a few big, solid hits. He fought off blocks and read the screens well. Would have liked to see him in coverage, but Valley never tested the middle of the field. I've seen Reuben a few times over the years and playing the run and rushing the passer has always been his strong suit. Played well into the 3rd quarter. He did have the 2 rushing TDs, be very hard for anyone to stop him in short yardage situations.

Once Echols-Luper adjusts to the speed of the game on the next level, he is going to be legit. Good vision and he is a smooth ball player. At first, I thought he had the wind knocked out of him. He was walking off gingerly tho.

Class of 2014 DE/OLB Rashaan Evans was impressive. Plays DE in HS. Good burst off the edge. Good instincts to react to screens and disrupt passes at the LOS.

If Blaise Taylor is 5'9", I'm 7'. What he lacks in size he makes up for with vision and instincts. Could help an SEC school on special teams or be a very serviceable player at a mid-major.

The Torbert brothers played well. Selwyn seems further along than Delwyn. It was obvious they were well coached, but I'm still not sure that they could garner much attention from SEC schools.

BTW, final score was 39-10, Auburn. As one would expect, both Coach Luper and Coach Taylor were in attendance.

I love Auburn but Washington has by far the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. Also it is in Seattle which is a fun place to visit. Sounds like a great place to take an official visit.

Also he might just be a Fifty Shades of Grey fan and want to see the locations from the book. (yellow text/emotes option is greyed out on this post?!)

I love Auburn but Washington has by far the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. Also it is in Seattle which is a fun place to visit. Sounds like a great place to take an official visit. Also he might just be a Fifty Shades of Grey fan and want to see the locations from the book. (yellow text/emotes option is greyed out on this post?!)

I agree, Seattle is a pretty cool place and I'd take any free trip to go out there again.

Why not go on a free trip to Washington and to Miami.

Because it is Washington :dunno:

Now I can understand Miami....

I've only heard good things about Seatle. Maybe he's a huge Grunge Rock fan.

I love Auburn but Washington has by far the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. Also it is in Seattle which is a fun place to visit. Sounds like a great place to take an official visit. Also he might just be a Fifty Shades of Grey fan and want to see the locations from the book. (yellow text/emotes option is greyed out on this post?!)

I agree, Seattle is a pretty cool place and I'd take any free trip to go out there again.

Tree hugger's.

I hope Reuben is ready to suit up next year because not going to be hard to win the MLB job after our showing tonight.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

JH simply is not an SEC MLB! Foster will run circles around him especially since he attends practices and will know the D as well as jake does.

Holland is the middle linebacker who won the job. Apparently CVG thinks he is capable of the job. One game does not a season make and to say that Jake Holland is not good enough is a bit premature. I think he will get better as the season progresses, as he becomes more familiar with the system. He was the second leading tackler on the team. Did he make mistakes? Yes but tell me who didn't. While I am sure Reuben Foster will be a great LB for Auburn, to belittle Jake Holland or any one else on Auburn's football team is insulting to me. While everyone has a right to their opinion please do not belittle individual players who are trying their best and learning the new system. Enjoy every game this season, take in every moment because it will be over before you know it. Win or lose I love Auburn and appreciate each young man who adorns the football uniform, works their butt of in practice and gives all they have every minute of every game, just sayin.............

Archived