2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Do yourself a favor and go read page 1 and 2 of this thread...Its funny to see how we go from having no shot at him to not Foster has an AU tattoo!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do yourself a favor and go read page 1 and 2 of this thread...Its funny to see how we go from having no shot at him to not Foster has an AU tattoo!

Even though I am not expecting an OJ flip those pages of the Foster thread is a perfect example of why posters should not give up on getting OJ as hard as our coaches are recruiting him.

232 pages is a lot.

how did it get so long?

I will take "things my wife will never say" for $500 Alex.

(I have been waiting three days to post that)

232 pages is a lot.

how did it get so long?

And we'll let you get away with it since we're (like soccer) in extra time!  tease.gif

232 pages is a lot.

how did it get so long?

And we'll let you get away with it since we're (like soccer) in extra time!  tease.gif

wooooooo hoooooooooooooo. Thanks Herk! War Eagle sir! See you on the other side.

Just moved over from AE. I had a week long panic attack without my Tiger updates. So what did I miss over the week?

Just moved over from AE. I had a week long panic attack without my Tiger updates. So what did I miss over the week?

The AJC and the ESPN falsely ran an article saying the NCAA was investigating Foster's recruitment. Then the Auburn sites correctly pointed out it was the AHSAA doing a routine check up of his transfer. The AHSAA cleared Foster to play the next day.

The AJC and the ESPN falsely ran an article saying the NCAA was investigating Foster's recruitment. Then the Auburn sites correctly pointed out it was the AHSAA doing a routine check up of his transfer. The AHSAA cleared Foster to play the next day.

Has anyone seen a correction from ESPN? They reported their lie after it had already been corrected by multiple sources.

Has anyone seen a correction from ESPN? They reported their lie after it had already been corrected by multiple sources.

Well they technically did not report it. They never actually said the NCAA investigated. They just regurgitated the part of the AJC article about Coach Flowers leaving Troup and Why Foster's mom decided to move.

Well they technically did not report it. They never actually said the NCAA investigated. They just regurgitated the part of the AJC article about Coach Flowers leaving Troup and Why Foster's mom decided to move.

Nope -- I was watching College Football Live, and running on the bottom line it said "NCAA investigating Auburn commit Reuben Foster" or something very close to that.

Nope -- I was watching College Football Live, and running on the bottom line it said "NCAA investigating Auburn commit Reuben Foster" or something very close to that.

I am not talking about what the headline read. I am talking about the words that were coming out of Luginbil's mouth. He was the one reporting the story but he never said specifically NCAA or AHSAA. Should he have said AHSAA and that headline not ready NCAA...Yes, but ESPN stands for Entertaining Sports Programming Network. They are in the business of ratings and entertainment. There is no journalistic correctness implied in there anywhere. They get more rating by being gray like they were even if it was inaccurate.

I am not talking about what the headline read. I am talking about the words that were coming out of Luginbil's mouth. He was the one reporting the story but he never said specifically NCAA or AHSAA. Should he have said AHSAA and that headline not ready NCAA...Yes, but ESPN stands for Entertaining Sports Programming Network. They are in the business of ratings and entertainment. There is no journalistic correctness implied in there anywhere. They get more rating by being gray like they were even if it was inaccurate.

Well, I was talking about the bottom line, not about Luginbill. In any case, ESPN should do better than that.

At least they could appeal to "sources" a la Joe Schad.

:drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Well, I was talking about the bottom line, not about Luginbill. In any case, ESPN should do better than that.

At least they could appeal to "sources" a la Joe Schad.

:drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

:lmao:

We can add videos!!!!!!

FYI for everyone, to add YouTube videos simply copy the URL and paste it directly into your post. The board will auto insert the tags.

It is sad the reporting by AJC, but even worse the mindless Re-reporting without any research by all the "news" organizations. However it shows a lot of maturity the way Ruben handled it.

You might as well get used to this, because this is not the last salvo that will be hurled at us regarding Reuben. Pay particular attention to what happens during the dead periods; we will be very, very careful about all this all the way through NSD. Keep in mind, it is very routine of the AHSAA to look into transfers; the difference here is that someone felt a need to make it a bigger issue, and the NCAA/AHSAA mistake was not a mistake.

You might as well get used to this, because this is not the last salvo that will be hurled at us regarding Reuben. Pay particular attention to what happens during the dead periods; we will be very, very careful about all this all the way through NSD. Keep in mind, it is very routine of the AHSAA to look into transfers; the difference here is that someone felt a need to make it a bigger issue, and the NCAA/AHSAA mistake was not a mistake.

^^Dead on as usual pops. This is not a dead issue at this point. It won't be until NSD, and possibly longer than that.

I agree i think there is a lot more to that because you don't simply mistake those two maybe someone purposely reported it like that to try to put some kind of NCAA heat on us or something....but i have no worries i have lots of faith in the coaching staff and that they are doing everything the correct way! :AUBig::outtahere:

Archived