2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I knew Reuben was the #1 MLB in this class, but after watching his highlight films.. :o :o :o

This guy is ready to play right now. His tackles are not just tackles, they are punishments dealt out. Think of Tray Blackmon mixed with the awareness of Rolando McClain.

Speaking of Blackmon, I have to share this. I'm not sure if I've already shared on this site or not. This was done during Blackmon's career by The Pigskin Pathos, and it is absolutely hilarious.

http://thepigskinpathos.blogspot.com/2009/07/day-in-life.html

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions: How in the heck does 247 have Reuben ranked #7???? His highlight tape is the most eye popping of any recruits in this class. 2. Why can't the websites, bloggers, and heck even the local news (NBC13) talk about it being a great get for AU? It seems to be the only thing that they can talk about is when will he flip... aggravating  :beatmullet:

I knew Reuben was the #1 MLB in this class, but after watching his highlight films.. :o :o :o

This guy is ready to play right now. His tackles are not just tackles, they are punishments dealt out. Think of Tray Blackmon mixed with the awareness of Rolando McClain.

Speaking of Blackmon, I have to share this. I'm not sure if I've already shared on this site or not. This was done during Blackmon's career by The Pigskin Pathos, and it is absolutely hilarious.

http://thepigskinpathos.blogspot.com/2009/07/day-in-life.html

That was my first time seeing that site and it was pretty funny.  I watched about 1 minute of Foster's highlight film right after he committed to bama and was so disgusted that they got such a great player that I turned it off.  I guess I can go back and watch it again. But Blackmon's high school highlights were the most impressive I had ever seen.  He definitely earned the name "little ball of hate".  If Foster is anything like that then whoa!!

Sorry if this has already been covered, but when will RF be committed to Auburn?  Is he enrolling in January?  Does he sign a commitment letter, or is he committed when he enrolls in class?

TIA

He is committed now, it will not be official until he either signs his LOI in February or enrolls in classes in January. I don't think it is known for sure if he is still planning on being an EE. Welcome to the world of recruiting btw...  ;D

And for those of you comparing Foster to Blackmon, i just want to say that Blackmon's failure at Auburn had nothing what so ever to do with his talent level or on field performance. He failed because of off the field issues.

Just wanted to say that because a lot of people would take that comparison as an insult but it is not if you are comparing talent level or potential. I think Foster may be a bit bigger than Blackmon was though.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but when will RF be committed to Auburn?  Is he enrolling in January?  Does he sign a commitment letter, or is he committed when he enrolls in class?

TIA

He is committed now, it will not be official until he either signs his LOI in February or enrolls in classes in January. I don't think it is known for sure if he is still planning on being an EE. Welcome to the world of recruiting btw...  ;D

And for those of you comparing Foster to Blackmon, i just want to say that Blackmon's failure at Auburn had nothing what so ever to do with his talent level or on field performance. He failed because of off the field issues.

Just wanted to say that because a lot of people would take that comparison as an insult but it is not if you are comparing talent level or potential. I think Foster may be a bit bigger than Blackmon was though.

Yes, I agree, and I'm glad you pointed that out. Foster reminds me of Blackmon due to intensity and physicality on the field. 2 different personalities, but very similar playing style.

TIA

You're absolutely right. Blackmon might be the best pure tackler I've ever seen. There's a hit he made on Ole Miss' BenJarvis Green-Ellis that I SO wish I had a clip of for if I ever become a football coach. Perfect lateral movement to fill the gap while keeping faced toward the line, perfect form wrapping up, arches back to absorb impact, then recoils and slams the runner backwards onto his rear end. Just can't draw it up any better!

TIA

He is not an EE anymore. He is a spring graduate and will have to sign an NLI on February 2nd to make it official.

Two questions: How in the heck does 247 have Reuben ranked #7???? His highlight tape is the most eye popping of any recruits in this class. 2. Why can't the websites, bloggers, and heck even the local news (NBC13) talk about it being a great get for AU? It seems to be the only thing that they can talk about is when will he flip... aggravating  :beatmullet:

it is a slight drop from #2 to #7 based on his knee injury which he will take the next month to heal from. Plus there were 3 players rated 100 or higher before this week. Now there are 7. Other players stepped up. Reuben only dropped from 102 to 100. Not a big deal IMO.

Yes, I agree, and I'm glad you pointed that out. Foster reminds me of Blackmon due to intensity and physicality on the field. 2 different personalities, but very similar playing style.

Also Foster is 250 pounds amd Blackmon was around 210.

Any chance Foster plays the Will or Sam position as a Freshman? Or does he just split time with Holland at Mike?

Any chance Foster plays the Will or Sam position as a Freshman? Or does he just split time with Holland at Mike?

Let's get through the 2012 season and get his signature on the LOI before we speculate where a recruit will play.

;) 

Since this Post has compiled 215 pages......I had to be part of it....lol :hellyeah: :hellyeah: :bananadance: :bananadance: :wedance: :wedance: :cool: :cool:

Let's get through the 2012 season and get his signature on the LOI before we speculate where a recruit will play.

;) 

Awe c'mon that's the fun of message boards.

;) 

Awe c'mon that's the fun of message boards.

What are you talking about? There's never any speculation around here.

;) 

Golly, gee Wally !   :laugh:

Ok, I obviously didn't read the whole thread. How did this thread go from in the 40's, I think, to 215 pages over night? Impressive, Most Impressive.

Ok, I obviously didn't read the whole thread. How did this thread go from in the 40's, I think, to 215 pages over night? Impressive, Most Impressive.

Naw, technically it went from 170-ish to the current page in two days.

Via Reubens twitter he just got an Auburn tat on his forearm, don't think we should worry about a flip  :laugh:

Seriously?? Care to share the tweet?

I'm not sure if it's Reubens arm or not, give me a sec to get the link

https://twitter.com/reubenfoster_FG. Profile

http://instagram.com/p/NCKY2JjSuI/. Supposed Tat

Looks to me like he's asking someone else if they got inked. But it looks like sharpie art.

Combined the Foster threads.

Archived