2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone posted this on an Auburn group on facebook that I thought was very interesting:

TJ Yeldon's flip speech:

"Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of time and thought into where I want to go to school and continue my football career," Yeldon said in the statement. "I am blessed to be in a situation where I have several great opportunities and I appreciate everyone involved who has helped me get to this point.

"I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get to work on the things I need to do to prepare for college both athletically and academically. I am going to enroll at the University of Alabama in January.

"I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there, but at the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation an...d fit for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about it and I'm excited to get started."

Reuben Foster's flip speech:

Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of thought and time into where I wanted to (continue) my football career. I am blessed that I am in the situation where I have several great opportunities, and I appreciate everyone attending this meeting. I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get on with all the work that I need to do for high school and get prepared for college, both academically and athletically. I am going to enroll at Auburn University.

I have a lot of respect for Alabama and the coaches and all the other people that are there. But at the end of the day, I felt like Auburn University is the place for me and my family and had the best situation for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about my decision, and I'm excited to get started."

Look familiar? Wonder if maybe Chizik was sending a message to Saban with this one?

Yeah this has been pointed out in the recruiting threads about Foster's decision. I would definitely say it was no accident their statements were almost identical. Now whose decision it was to send that message? I imagine we will never know for sure. My guess is that his buddies Cameron or Blaise(sp?) thought it up.

Just wanted to disclose yet another delusional turd defense after RF flips to AU. Heres the entire conversation. This is not a joke this literally happened at work yesterday afternoon. This guy keeps up with recruiting very well like I do

"Hey XYZ, did just heard that RF chose to go to AU over bama."

"Who is RF? Is he good? Ive never heard of him"

"He is the best LB in the nation, and #2 prospect in the nation, so yea hes pretty good"

"Neh I bet saban found someone better and RF was scared to compete for playing time"

"So saban has found a super secret recruit that no one else knows about"

"Im just saying saban probably didnt want him anyway."

----True story

I usually do not buy into the black helicopter theories but did anyone else notice that yesterday the RF story was not on the main page of al.com until the turds had already passed out from drinking to much PBR at about 10 o clock.

Yeah this was all over the internet yesterday. I find it very funny and def was a way to take a jab at the other guys. The question is though,whos idea was it? THE SAGA CONTINUES.......... :-\ :trampoline::party::wedance:

Now, if we can only get Alex Kozan to make a decision.

Being in Madagascar, I've only been lurking and haven't posted in a while, but this post deserves one...NICE WORK!

Haven't heard much on Westerman lately. Are his arms any longer?

Anyone else drooling over our LB rotation in 2-3 years? Foster, Chic-fil-a, Frost, Johnson, Mitchell, Toney... Anyone care to project a 2 deep for 2014?

Finally just watched some footage of Foster and this kid has some sick closing speed.  Can't wait to see him lighting up RB's and QB's in 2013!!

Now, if we can only get Alex Kozan to make a decision.

I got a few weird looks around the office when I read this one! Haha! Well played, sir. Well played!

Walked into my cable company this morning to pay my bill wearing my Fearless and True t-shirt and was greeted by two ladies at the front counter. Of course one spewed out rawl tied to me and the other one said WAR EAGLE. Of course I gave a big War Eagle to the smart one, but she was busy doing something so the bammer took my payment, we small talked a little and she was friendly as we were all cutting up. When she handed me back my receipt, she said "now if you don't mind, please go to this website on your receipt and fill out a survey about us today". You can see where this is going. I said "What are your names?". "Tammy and Terri", she replied. I said "ok well Terri gets a good rating and you will get a bad rating unless you give me a War Eagle". She probably will not be so quick to spew garbage next time, how do I know?  The look on her face when said

:we:

Priceless....  :party:  :yay:    :happydance:    :bananadance:

Just watched the Reuben Junior Highlight film on Youtube...as I, through the miracle of digital video recording, witnessed the man-boy pummelling all those witless opponents, I could here the voice of Todd Blackledge while calling an AU game back in '07 re: Trey Blackmon: "WHEN HE HITS YOU, YOU GO BACKWARDS."  :party:

Just wanted to disclose yet another delusional turd defense after RF flips to AU. Heres the entire conversation. This is not a joke this literally happened at work yesterday afternoon. This guy keeps up with recruiting very well like I do

"Hey XYZ, did just heard that RF chose to go to AU over bama."

"Who is RF? Is he good? Ive never heard of him"

"He is the best LB in the nation, and #2 prospect in the nation, so yea hes pretty good"

"Neh I bet saban found someone better and RF was scared to compete for playing time"

"So saban has found a super secret recruit that no one else knows about"

"Im just saying saban probably didnt want him anyway."

----True story

I usually do not buy into the black helicopter theories but did anyone else notice that yesterday the RF story was not on the main page of al.com until the turds had already passed out from drinking to much PBR at about 10 o clock.

Man this XYZ guy I talked about earlier is sooo butt hurt today it is not funny! He comes up to me first thing this morning and proceeds to tell me that AU did bammer a favor by taking RF because he seems like trouble.

I asked him why RF is trouble. His response, "Well he's still in high school and already has a little girl and he will be about 19 when he graduates so obviously he isnt going to qualify" I responded with one name....Trent Richardson. He hasnt spoken to me since and we usually talk all through the day. I love it!

Sorry if this has already been covered, but when will RF be committed to Auburn?  Is he enrolling in January?  Does he sign a commitment letter, or is he committed when he enrolls in class?

TIA

Archived