2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

checked twitter... checked scout... checked rivals... checked 247... checked twitter again... OMG!!! We got Him!!!!! This is about to get REAL at Auburn University!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or does Reuben remind you of a non scary version of Takeo Spikes?

I doubt y'all will know who this is, but he looks like a bigger version of Chris Humes to me.  He was a corner prospect last year that went to my school who signed with Arky State. 

Is it me or does Reuben remind you of a non scary version of Takeo Spikes?

Thought the same thing. We got us a Mike now baby!  :thumbsup:

Question:

Is there still a possibility that Reuben can enroll early?

If I am not mistaken, this is part of the reason he moved to Alabama. To have the opportunity to enroll early. I could be wrong or misunderstood the situation. Nevertheless, I hope it happens.

With both being from LaGrange and his daughter's last name being Blackmon, does anyone know if Reuben has some ties to the last 5-star LB we took in, Tray Blackmon?

Just watched RF's video.  WOW!  Just WOW!  I am excited now for sure!!

PLEASE teach me a little something -

I know he's a LB and someone said we've got us a MIKE backer.  Does that mean he is slated to play middle LB?

Listen, I'm a 50-something woman and I STILL have a school girl crush on Josh - I loved watching him hit folks -  I have a thing for the MLB position apparently (according to my friends)  :-[

Is Reuben slated to be my new school girl crush?  :-[   

War EAGLE!!

This may have already been mentioned, but I thought it deserved its own thread. Don't know what the slant of the author is, if any, but I thought it was pretty funny all the same:

Highly sought after 2013 football recruit Reuben Foster held an announcement press conference today (Come on son! It’s July!) to announce to which school he is committing to play football for in a year or so, or until he changes his mind.  Foster, who committed to Auburn, felt the need to subtly troll the Alabama Crimson Tide, who was also recruiting Foster, just a little bit in the process.  His quote:

“At the end of the day, I feel like Auburn is the best situation for me and my family,” Foster told reporters at his press conference. “I am 100-percent confident in my final decision.”

Seems harmless enough…until you consider what Alabama commit TJ Yeldon, who flipped to the Tide after initially committing to Auburn, said when he announced his intentions.  His quote:

“At the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation and fit for me and my family.  I am 100 percent confident with my final decision”

Just a little subtle recruiting troll to keep those hate fires stoked.

http://friendsoftheprogram.net/2012/07/12/reuben-foster-trolls-tide/?fb_ref=.T_9XXUn3fRA.like&fb_source=tickerdialog_oneline

Yeah, this has already been discussed at length in the thread pinned at the top of the board. Will a mod please come along and merge these? Search is your friend, Red!

Just kidding, Red!

:tease:

I haven't ever heard a recruit say man i just visited Alabama and had so much fun, me and Saban were cracking up together the whole time.

Believe it or not Demarcus Walker actually said that 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, this has already been discussed at length in the thread pinned at the top of the board. Will a mod please come along and merge these? Search is your friend, Red!

Just kidding, Red!

Enjoy your little flashy blinky thing under your screen name britt.

Just watched RF's video.  WOW!  Just WOW!  I am excited now for sure!!

PLEASE teach me a little something -

I know he's a LB and someone said we've got us a MIKE backer.  Does that mean he is slated to play middle LB?

Listen, I'm a 50-something woman and I STILL have a school girl crush on Josh - I loved watching him hit folks -   I have a thing for the MLB position apparently (according to my friends)  :-[

Is Reuben slated to be my new school girl crush?   :-[     

War EAGLE!!

Yes ma'am!  :thumbsup:

Just kidding, Red!

Enjoy your little flashy blinky thing under your screen name britt.

You know you wanted someone to post that!

;)

Just kidding, Red!

:laugh: Well, first I was going to post this with the promise to merge it with the Foster thread on top (which I was the one to pin, btw...;)), but then I thought that it's something different about Reuben to talk about, so it might make for a good thread in its own right. Depending on how things go, I might merge it, I might trash it, or I might leave it. And if I leave it, another mod might well trash it anyway. I don't particularly care, I'm just tickled silly that he went on and made his flip public!

Just kidding, Red!

:laugh: Well, first I was going to post this with the promise to merge it with the Foster thread on top (which I was the one to pin, btw...;)), but then I thought that it's something different about Reuben to talk about, so it might make for a good thread in its own right. Depending on how things go, I might merge it, I might trash it, or I might leave it. And if I leave it, another mod might well trash it anyway. I don't particularly care, I'm just tickled silly that he went on and made his flip public!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, me too!

I also agree with you that it's worthy of its own thread. I suspect the fact that he trolled the tide is the reason he just wanted to read the statement and not take any questions. A joke doesn't work too well if you have to explain it!

:we:

Archived