2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

He can't keep a straight face as he reads almost the same words as TJ Yeldon did.

Yea, someone posted that in the RF commit thread.  I can't wait to see him make TJ regret saying those words  :aufb:  :zapbama:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching college football today on espnu and thought that there would be something on the ticker about this, but nope not a mention.  mentions a uscw commit and a te commit to Iowa....go figure.  I thought it was kinda a big deal!!!!

I for one think it's more than coincidental that Reuben's speech was so similar to Yeldon's speech. It kinda makes me feel that someone had a hand in that. I love it, though.

Similar?  Almost word for word.  I looked up Yeldon's release and compared it to Foster's, and this is definitely for real.

WDE!!!...defense under the stache just got a LiL deeper on the inside...WDE Reubun!!!!....nice flip from the "nation"

You mean family right? Nations can be divided families are forever.

Profile up (funnest one I've EVER done! ;) )...

[shadow=orange,left]♦ REUBEN FOSTER ♦[/shadow]

reubenfoster.jpg     reubenfosteraction.jpg     reubenfosteraction2.jpg

Linebacker ~ Auburn High School  (Auburn, AL)

6-foot-2

250 lbs

40: 4.55

Bench:

Squat:

Vert:

2009 Stats: 110 Total Tackles

2010 Stats: 112 Total Tackles

2011 Stats: 185 Total Tackles ~ 144 Solo Tackles ~ 34 Tackles for Loss ~ 18 Sacks ~ 4 Rushing TD’s on Offense

ESPN 2011 High School All-American & Defensive 1st Team

2012 Atlanta NTFC – Linebackers MVP

2012 Nike’s The Opening Invitee

2013 Under Armour All-American Game Selection

2012 Gridiron Kings Selection

• 2011 Junior Highlights •

(Click links for highlights and profiles)

2009 Freshman Highlights (Single-Game)

Rivals VTO 1-on-1 Highlights

7-on-7 Highlights

2009 Freshman Highlights (ScoutTV)

RIVALS 5-star ~ #1 ILB ~ #1 in AL ~ #2 Overall

SCOUT 5-star ~ #1 MLB ~ #1 in AL ~ #2 Overall

ESPN 5-star ~ Grade 92 ~ #1 ILB ~ #1 in AL

24/7 SPORTS 5-star ~ Grade 100 ~ #1 ILB ~ #1 in AL ~ #7 Overall

*NOTES: For the past couple of years, Reuben Foster has been the center of a furious recruiting battle between three of the most-rabid fan bases in the entire country. He’s been fawned over more than any teenager since Justin Beiber first hit the pop music scene. Will he stick with Bama? Will he flip to AU? Is he a part of a “package deal” to UGa? These are just a few of the hundreds of questions that have been asked on message boards and at water coolers throughout the nation. Every move has been studied… every quote broken down and debated… a total ROCK STAR, and he’s only 18-years-old! He hasn’t played a single down of college football, and already Foster has been called “the greatest linebacker prospect since Lawrence Taylor”. Foster committed to Alabama in August 2011. He remained committed to the Tide for almost a year, but then rumors of a potential switch became rampant after he transferred to Auburn High School, following the firing of his Troup HS coach/mentor Charles Flowers. Many speculated that the lure of the “hometown school” AU would be too much for Foster to resist, but Georgia fans were confident that they would be the ultimate choice. Eventually, the switch did come, and Foster announced to the world that he was indeed changing his longtime commitment from the Tide to Tigers during a press conference in Mid-July instantly breaking the hearts of Tide and Bulldogs fans alike and causing Tiger fans to rejoice.

Per AUTigers.com

“At the end of the day, I feel like Auburn is the best situation for me and my family,” Foster told reporters at his press conference. “I am 100-percent confident in my family decision.”

Will he be worth all the hype? No one knows for sure, but one thing is certain… Reuben Foster has the skills to be an immediate impact any time he steps onto the field. His recruitment blew up at an early age, and he burst onto the scene by making big-time hits in his very first game as a freshman at Troup County High School. The hard-hitting young LB was turning heads on nearly every play.

Per ESPN.com:

Former Troup HS Coach Charles Flowers…

“He's relentless," Flowers said. "He tries to make every play that's possible. You may block him, but he doesn't stay blocked. He'll keep going after it until he makes something happen. His desire and ability to pursue is just outstanding.”

Per ESPN.com:

Foster on his style of play…

"I'm not scared to hit someone," Foster said. "I'm willing to take on blocks head-on and hit the running back. I play downhill, and that's what you have to do. Contact is what I do. I know I have to get better with my coverage. There's a lot of passing in college, so that's one thing I have to focus on."

Auburn fans are obviously elated to finally have Foster aboard, but they know all too well that a commitment means nothing in recruiting, and coaches from schools like UGa won’t stop trying their best to sway one of the nation’s best all the way till signing day in February, 2013.

*FUN FACTS: - Continuing the trend of gifted AU commitments being multi-sport talented, Foster too is not only an amazingly gifted football player but also a very good basketball player who, up until this past season, played for Troup HS’s team.

- Amazingly, Foster didn't begin playing football until he was in the 8th grade because his mother was worried that he might get hurt.

-Foster has had to grow up more quickly than most 18-year-olds, since he’s got a 3-year-old daughter, A'Ziya. She wore an AU cheerleading outfit to Foster’s announcement that he was switching to AU.

Per ESPN.com:

"I have to be close to my little girl," Foster said. "She's everything to me,” Foster said.

“People have to understand that I never thought something like this would happen to me. I don't have the means to see some schools that I want to see. I want to check out USC. I would like to see South Carolina. I would like to visit some other schools but they are so far away."

Still, it's not easy. Foster feels he has a lot to prove as a player, student and father.

"There's still so much pressure," Foster said. "No one in my family played sports. No one went to college. I feel the pressure of my family first. They are looking at me to make it to college and get that degree. I will be the first. That's big for me." [/i]

Other offers: 50+ including essentially then entire SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and Pac-12.

Foster becomes Auburn's 16th commitment for their 2013 class.

WDE!!!...defense under the stache just got a LiL deeper on the inside...WDE Reubun!!!!....nice flip from the "nation"

You mean family right? Nations can be divided families are forever.

he said from not not to.

I hope Saban doesn't cry into his wee man pillow too much tonight. Welcome to the fam RF. Wow! Wow! Wow!  :party:

I want to add that I like the commitment now in July rather than late December or a signing day flip. We will hold on to Foster, he is in our back yard and can see how great AU is first hand. Others trying to badmouth AU is meaningless because Foster won't have to take anyone's word for anything, since he can see AU firsthand for himself.

With Foster committing now, it will build momentum for this year's class, even more than the substantial defensive recruiting momentum we already have. You want to talk dream team, well this year's defensive class is pointed in that direction and over halfway there already.

in hindsight, how much do you think his transfer to AHS had to do with this day?  did it really have to do with EE status in alabama, or was it a "safety" move, knowing what he would be doing shortly.  An announcement immediately after the move would be too blatant.  Coupled with the nearly verbatim "Flip speech" as TJY, i would say this has all been planned a lot longer than we all suspected.

oh.....and by the way.......for those of you that caught my paranoia about the amount of time RF spends at the athletic complex as a non-AU commit.......he just showed me why the coaches were okay with him hanging around.

Welcome to the family Reuben!  We can't wait to see you donn the orange and blue!

:wedance:

Anybody know who was sitting at the table on the end to Reuben's right?  He arrived at the last minute and shook Reuben's hand and then as soon as he finished, Reuben leaned down to get the AU hat from under the table and was talking to him.  I couldn't tell what hat he was wearing, but it looked like it might say "BULLDOG"...Just curious.

Anybody know who was sitting at the table on the end to Reuben's right?  He arrived at the last minute and then as soon as he finished, Reuben leaned down to get the AU hat from under the table and t was talking to him.  I couldn't tell what hat he was wearing, but it looked like it might say "BULLDOG"...Just curious.

Any chance it was Matthews? I heard he might have been there.

Archived