2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Reuben:  I am taking my talents to...Smiths Station.  Oh, and I will forego my senior season, remain 100% committed to UAT,  play with Tray Matthews no matter what, attend Dawg Night on Friday and Auburn's camp on Saturday, and shut down my recruitment completely.  I'm doing all this b/c it's what's best for me and my family.

If he's skipping his senior season, I would be interested (or not?) to know which talents he is taking to Smith Station?  :P

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pathetic that all I have done today is hit the refresh button waiting for a 17/18 year old to make an annoucement. Come on Reuben come to Auburn and put me out of my misery. On an up note my daughter went online this morning and got her season tickets.  

JeremyCrabtreeESPN:

Here is our scouting report on Foster.

A man among boys, Foster is one of the better downhill fillers and contact tacklers you will see at this stage. Intimidating toughness and physicality. Possesses an excellent blend of size, strength and power. Ready physically to make the jump to the college level and produce between the tackles. Has great short-range burst but also the speed to chase plays down sideline-to-sideline. Demonstrates very good instincts; gets an excellent downhill jump on running plays. Beats blockers to the point of attack with quickness but will also utilize his arm length and strength to shed and keep them off his body while scraping. Possesses dominate physical playing strength to take on and defeat at the point of attack. Holds is ground. Takes proper angles, maintains outside leverage then explodes onto ball carriers like a heat seeking missile. Runs through ball carriers with a powerful base and knock'em back style. Limits second efforts and does not give up leaky yardage. Moves through traffic well for his size and makes plays inside-out while keeping his legs free of trash. Effective sifting through traffic laterally on off-tackle pursuit, can shed and not lose a step; takes very good angles to the football from backside. Deceptively athletic outside the tackles. Changes direction and pursues without a lot of wasted movement for a 240-pound linebacker. While an explosive downhill filler he can turn and effectively chase plays down and produce outside the hashes. Causes disruption as a blitzer with his jump off the snap and closing burst. Not the most fluid in space but demonstrates the athleticism and recovery burst to hold up in coverage; can turn and run. Will need to sharpen his route awareness but we see the ability to be effective in both zone and man coverage on RB's. Excellent special team's potential and with added coverage skills should be able to stay on the field in long yardage situation. Overall, Foster has the physical, athletic and instinctive tools to rank as one of the top defensive prospects in country and quickly become an integral part of defensive game plans in the fall of 2013.

Gonna be a flip to the good guys. I am feeling confident fellas.  ;D

:wareagle:

If coming to AU why wear black & white???

Black and white is pretty neutral. Wearing Orange, Blue or Red/Silver would make the announcement anticlimatic.

Gonna be a flip to the good guys. I am feeling confident fellas.  ;D

:wareagle:

If coming to AU why wear black & white???

You might be reading a tad too much into it.  :laugh:

My refresh button is going to need a cigarette after this is all over..

and a drink  :timeout:

How do you think my right index finger feels...

About like your right wrist on a normal Friday night?

Wow. That is funny right there.

Ed isn't going to think it's so funny the next time I see him...

The wrist of steel has me trembling  :P

WOOHOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!   :party:  :wedance:  :party:  :wedance:  :party:  :wedance:  :party:

:wareagle:  :wareagle:  :wareagle:  :wareagle:  :wareagle:

Sorry...just practicing.  I feel like I'm in midseason form already!!!

I wonder if these people on the live video feed know that over 3500 people are listening to their personal conversations... :laugh:

AlexS_ESPN: Foster comes out with his family and a backpack. He's got props!

GOT HIM  :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance::tdau: :tdau: :tdau: :tdau: :tdau::wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Archived