2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If RF commits to the good guys, be prepared for the bammer spin to start and then watch his star power decrease and whoever they replace him with will gain....... By NSD RF (if commits to AUB) will be a 4 star.

But WAR EAGLE and I will take that 4 star anyday of the week!!! Here's hoping for a commitment this afternoon  :thumbsup:

With all due respect I am tired of reading this line of thinking. With Foster, his skill set is so awesome and undeniable that he will always be a 5* unless he misses many games to a serious injury

247 sports has already dropped him 5 spots in their rankings yesterday.

@kkolumbo

if the UGA mods are being asked to attend it's either a decommitment or he's going to UGA.

@Ellitor_TheLion

@kkolumbo: have the UGA mods been asked to attend?

@kkolumbo

@Ellitor_TheLion sounds like it....my guess is he's just opening up his recruitment and he'll announce at the end of the summer.

Trying to figure this out as well, mansell was the only one who has claimed to have been contacted by Foster, but he would not respond to me when I asked if he would be attending.  Not sure if mansell is just the vp of 247 or a uga mod??

@kkolumbo

if the UGA mods are being asked to attend it's either a decommitment or he's going to UGA.

@Ellitor_TheLion

@kkolumbo: have the UGA mods been asked to attend?

@kkolumbo

@Ellitor_TheLion sounds like it....my guess is he's just opening up his recruitment and he'll announce at the end of the summer.

So far, I have heard nothing to make me think he's committing to AU today despite BM apparently hinting at that based on what I read in this thread.  As of this morning, folks at AU were not told he was committing here. So I stick by what I said last night-- he's either just reopening his commitment or committing to UGA.  I am leaning to the former right now.  But, this is recruiting.  Won't be shocked if the presser is cancelled 5 minutes from now or he commits today to one school and signs with another in February.

If RF commits to the good guys, be prepared for the bammer spin to start and then watch his star power decrease and whoever they replace him with will gain....... By NSD RF (if commits to AUB) will be a 4 star.

But WAR EAGLE and I will take that 4 star anyday of the week!!! Here's hoping for a commitment this afternoon  :thumbsup:

With all due respect I am tired of reading this line of thinking. With Foster, his skill set is so awesome and undeniable that he will always be a 5* unless he misses many games to a serious injury

said he dropped because he was injured for two big camps. kinda odd, it is not like he became less talented, just bad luck.

That virtually means nothing. He dropped from 102 to 100. People are reading WAY too much into that. There were only 3 players at 100 or higher before yesterday. Now there are 7 at 100 or better. Other players have stepped up.

It's not going to sound concrete, but I have a friend at Auburn who has football players in his fraternity. They are all saying Foster will come to Auburn. TIFWIW

Decommitting and re-opening his recruitment (like it was ever closed).

You have more and better sources than I do, I'm sure. I'm going with this scenario but not just because you said this--congrats for going out on a limb by the way. I'm deducing that this is the most likely choice primarily because I think that RF and TM love the suspense it creates. Regardless if he is leaning toward AU or thuga, he has little to gain by committing this early--IF he wants to continue the suspense game. I will obviously be pleased should he announce AU BUT it's a long way from being over, no matter what.

bammer insider just told me he will flip to the good guys today.  Everyone knows what that means..............................................., that's right, absolutely nothing.

bammer insider just told me he will flip to the good guys today.  Everyone knows what that means..............................................., that's right, absolutely nothing.

I lost you at "bammer"... :laugh:

Just adding a post so I can keep updated with this throughout the day. And to think, I was going to try to have a productive Thursday...

Just adding a post so I can keep updated with this throughout the day. And to think, I was going to try to have a productive Thursday...

At least I saw this thread before I went to bed so I knew I wasn't going to get anything done today...

I dont know where this kid is going to end up in the end ultimately, but i will bet everytihing i got hes not going to Bama. Thats one thing i feel confident about.

At least I saw this thread before I went to bed so I knew I wasn't going to get anything done today...

Yup. That's what I get for laying my head down at night before checking AE one last time.  :banghead:

+ 1

I'm going with this scenario but not just because you said this--congrats for going out on a limb by the way. I'm deducing that this is the most likely choice primarily because I think that RF and TM love the suspense it creates.

All the while maintaining your board cred'.  Brilliant!   :bow:

Sorry but you're all wrong. Seems like everyone has forgotten the last visit he made... Reuben will be announcing his commitment to U Washington. Apparently the Huskies made a huge impression on him.. calling a presser just days after his visit. RF will be their future all PAC 12 LB, DT and QB. Book it.

On a slightly more serious note, anyone else see this thread getting over 50 pages by the 24 hour mark? That's gotta be some kind of Seastrunkesque record.

I'm going with this scenario but not just because you said this--congrats for going out on a limb by the way. I'm deducing that this is the most likely choice primarily because I think that RF and TM love the suspense it creates.

That's what AUDom needs to implement into AE. A board cred meter on everybody's profile. Mine would be stellar.  :cool:

That's what AUDom needs to implement into AE. A board cred meter on everybody's profile. Mine would be cellar.  :cool:

FTFY  :laugh:

I have tried to not get too excited about Foster during his recruitment but now I am just dreaming of a LB core of Foster, Johnson, Frost with McKinzy, Toney, Holland, Garrett all coming in as subs. The one position on our team that I don't think is back up to elite level is LB but that all changes if we haul in Foster

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ONLY 10:06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what AUDom needs to implement into AE. A board cred meter on everybody's profile. Mine would be stellar.  :cool:

Stellar or a cellar, Weegs?  :P

If he is having a press conference just to say he is no longer commited to bama then dude needs to have his head deflated quickly before it explodes! lol

I personally think he is committing to Auburn. Just doesn't make sense to have a press conference at Auburn high school were he has only been at for a few months to announce he is going somewhere other than Auburn. Probably wishful thinking but all signs point to AU for me.

Archived