2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I heard something totally off the wall(but from a very reliable source) about a week ago, that I didn't put much stock in due to how uncommon it would be.  The rumor I heard was that he would not be playing his Senior Year, as he was worried about injury. This rumor surfaced before his hamstring tweak. His offers would all still be on the table, so there was no risk to him of doing this.  I believe a FSU DB recruit did this a few years ago.  Not sure if its true, but it is from a reliable source.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I haven't looked at all the posts but my take is at most he de-commits and says his recruitment is open at the moment. I don't see any new commit today. In the fall he will commit and I still believe AU then.

Another note: Not sure if this has anything to do with Foster but Tray Matthews was supposed to be on a UGA sports talk show last night but never came on and hasn't been heard from since.

Hopefully not locked up in a beach house in FL.

Sorry I haven't looked at all the posts but my take is at most he de-commits and says his recruitment is open at the moment. I don't see any new commit today. In the fall he will commit and I still believe AU then.

^^^^^^^

Why would all the AU beat writers be going to the conference? And why were the Auburn pay sites the first to break the story?

If RF commits to the good guys, be prepared for the bammer spin to start and then watch his star power decrease and whoever they replace him with will gain....... By NSD RF (if commits to AUB) will be a 4 star.

But WAR EAGLE and I will take that 4 star anyday of the week!!! Here's hoping for a commitment this afternoon  :thumbsup:

With all due respect I am tired of reading this line of thinking. With Foster, his skill set is so awesome and undeniable that he will always be a 5* unless he misses many games to a serious injury

Here is what I heard from a reliable source  After tweaking his hammy at The Opening, RF was worried that Saint Nicky would end up pulling his 2013 scholly and have him sitting at a JUCO for a year.  Then the thought of being told what to for 3 more years by the president of the Angry Midgets Union was just too much for our boy to handle.  He thought about good guys like Superman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Mad Max.  Then bad guys like Doctor Octopus and Dr. Evil.  The decision was easy after that - Ditch the dark side and go with the good guys, where real young men still go to enjoy the sport that they love!

Another note: Not sure if this has anything to do with Foster but Tray Matthews was supposed to be on a UGA sports talk show last night but never came on and hasn't been heard from since.

Hopefully not locked up in a beach house in FL.

This situation is ripe for REC shenanigans.  I am concerned.

People put too much credence in the decisions of high school kids.  I mean, seriously a press conference?  A couple of kids have UGA fans, turd fans and my Auburn family on the edge of their seat listening to every word that they tweet, post etc.  Personally, I have better things to do than worry about what RF and TM say 7 months before signing day.  Having said that, I will be tuned into what happens at the presser today like everyone else.   :)

And I feel afterwards I will be  :party: in the streets.

.......and   :zapbama:  

....and  :devil: will  :'(

:we:

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. I think he's going to re-affirm his commitment to the darkside and announce that his recruitment is over and he does not plan to take any OV's this Fall. As far as Tray Matthews saying he doesn't want to be a Turd, I just have to remember this old chestnut: "I guess I'll have to say it again---I am NOT going to be the next head coach at the University of Alabama." Strange things have happened in Tuscaloosa over the years.

I want to say this as well: I hope by 2:30 this afternoon that my fat *ss is turning cartwheels in my office if I am wrong, and I hope that I am.

You would be the only person thinking this. Even the Bammers can not spin it this way.

I want in this thread before the presser.   :P

:wareagle:

lol.  Don't worry; this thread will continue until Reuben enrolls at a school or signs a LOI no matter what he has to say at the press conference.

This is true. He is this year's Lache Se....ah...nevermind.  :tease:

I find it interesting how defensive the bama writers are in their rivals write up about the press coference today. Andrew Bone made sure to take a stab at Auburn about the Calloway, Kondijio and Yeldon situation......I think Bama's realizes he is good as gone.

So, does anyone know about Alvin Kamara as well?  I heard he wanted to play with both of them as well but is uncommitted at this time.

Kamara is a nonfactor IMO.

Decommitting and re-opening his recruitment (like it was ever closed). 

Why have a presser for that. It would be very odd IMO. I think he flips.

If RF commits to the good guys, be prepared for the bammer spin to start and then watch his star power decrease and whoever they replace him with will gain....... By NSD RF (if commits to AUB) will be a 4 star.

But WAR EAGLE and I will take that 4 star anyday of the week!!! Here's hoping for a commitment this afternoon  :thumbsup:

With all due respect I am tired of reading this line of thinking. With Foster, his skill set is so awesome and undeniable that he will always be a 5* unless he misses many games to a serious injury

Sorry about the line of thinking but I live in Alabama and I am tired of the bammer bias about everything. Just once I would love to see AUB get props for out recruiting Satan.   :banghead:

Decommitting and re-opening his recruitment (like it was ever closed). 

Why have a presser for that. It would be very odd IMO. I think he flips.

I agree but with an ego and the fact that so many people are glued to his every word, then why not have a press conference to say you are re-opening your recruitment.    :dunno:

Sorry about the line of thinking but I live in Alabama and I am tired of the bammer bias about everything. Just once I would love to see AUB get props for out recruiting Satan.   :banghead:

See Scout rankings for the 2011 class.

See Scout rankings for the 2011 class.

Good point, maybe a should have said more than once.....  :)

In the TIFWIW section:

Bryan Matthews‏@BMatt247

I don't @waymons @wardmneagle Reuben and trey want to play together,you think Reuben goes to UGA and not Auburn?

Bryan Matthews‏@BMatt247

I've liked Auburn's chances for a cpl of months now @waymons @wardmneagle so you think Auburn gets Rueben?

Bryan Matthews‏@BMatt247

i still think tray will stick with uga but defin 1 to watch @wardmneagle chances of getting tray matthews to flip to auburn?

No reason to be sorry for your opinion on a message board, it is what you believe.  Some people think they are always right, but it is just their opinion as well.  They are welcome to disagree with you but voice out what you believe.  Great to be an American!!

I find it interesting how defensive the bama writers are in their rivals write up about the press coference today. Andrew Bone made sure to take a stab at Auburn about the Calloway, Kondijio and Yeldon situation......I think Bama's realizes he is good as gone.

I think the bammer writers are fueling their base, reminding them of all those great flips of Auburn commits that led them to mythical recruiting championships that they can brag about.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

No reason to be sorry for your opinion on a message board, it is what you believe.  Some people think they are always right, but it is just their opinion as well.  They are welcome to disagree with you but voice out what you believe.  Great to be an American!!

Yep -- all opinions are created equal in America.  :rolleyes:

@kkolumbo

if the UGA mods are being asked to attend it's either a decommitment or he's going to UGA.

@Ellitor_TheLion

@kkolumbo: have the UGA mods been asked to attend?

@kkolumbo

@Ellitor_TheLion sounds like it....my guess is he's just opening up his recruitment and he'll announce at the end of the summer.

Archived