2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my .02, but we need the 'play together' aspect to come to fruition. It very much appears that TM and RF have discussed this and are planning on playing together. To me, I think they understand the pressures that will come from their respective decommitments and figure if hey both do it, they can rely on each other for support. Plus both live close to AU and can visit frequently to get away from the other fan bases.

Love seeing all this enthusiasm early in the morning, especially from the 2a.m. ers!!  :laugh:  Get some sleep guys, sheesh.

There are so many signs pointing to us but as mentioned, it's only July.  If he does make the switch to the good guys I hope it stands until February.  It seems Uat owes us some 'stolen' recruits from the last few years.  I would like to see them start paying that back soon.  

War Eagle, I hope we get 'em and if we don't then best of luck.

:zapbama:

HS kids calling press conferences....amazing times we live in....and distrubing too.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. I think he's going to re-affirm his commitment to the darkside and announce that his recruitment is over and he does not plan to take any OV's this Fall. As far as Tray Matthews saying he doesn't want to be a Turd, I just have to remember this old chestnut: "I guess I'll have to say it again---I am NOT going to be the next head coach at the University of Alabama." Strange things have happened in Tuscaloosa over the years.

I want to say this as well: I hope by 2:30 this afternoon that my fat *ss is turning cartwheels in my office if I am wrong, and I hope that I am.

When Matthews said he was going visit Auburn after the opening, what if he meant today?? If Matthews is there, then get ready for full on meltdown mode on the UGA sites. That would be a crazy turn of events.

Love seeing all this enthusiasm early in the morning, especially from the 2a.m. ers!!  :laugh:  Get some sleep guys, sheesh.

There are so many signs pointing to us but as mentioned, it's only July.  If he does make the switch to the good guys I hope it stands until February.  It seems Uat owes us some 'stolen' recruits from the last few years.  I would like to see them start paying that back soon.  

War Eagle, I hope we get 'em and if we don't then best of luck.

:zapbama:

Never really care what the bammers get or don't get not even when it's one we are after. I just hate to see all these kids lives ruined by going to UAT to get processed. Hopefully, One day they will figure it out.

Don't shoot the messenger but I just saw this tweeted.

One very good source told me Reuben Foster to UGA, but another one told me Auburn this morning. It's gonna be that type of day. @Mansell247 Rusty Mansell, he works for 247.

Also tweeted this:

Reuben Foster did let me know at 12:25 am he was having a press conf. So the Aub media alert only is not true.

So, does anyone know about Alvin Kamara as well?  I heard he wanted to play with both of them as well but is uncommitted at this time.

I finally get to bed at a respectable hour and I wake up to this?!!? HOLY CRAP BATMAN! Trying not to get ahead of myself but today could be a BIG day.  Thanks to the guys who stayed up relaying news /tweets.

One very good source told me Reuben Foster to UGA, but another one told me Auburn this morning. It's gonna be that type of day. @Mansell247 Rusty Mansell, he works for 247.

Also tweeted this:

Reuben Foster did let me know at 12:25 am he was having a press conf. So the Aub media alert only is not true.

You're dead to me.

BMatt and PMarsh from 247 are attending the Presser. I like our chances.

I do too!!!!!!!!

I think all things point to AU,with that being said anything can happen. Should be fun! :wareagle:

I knew I brought popcorn to work for a reason!  Just gonna sit back and watch... :P

In light of this presser, who wants to read the tea leaves on this RF statement after getting hurt at The Opening?

"I need to take a break and let my body heal up a little bit," Foster said. "I've probably been going a little too hard this offseason so I'm going to relax and shut everything down for a few days. That includes the phone calls too. I'm probably going to take a break from everything for a week or two."

The media reports from this statement also indicated he was referring to recruiting as well as physical activity...

Well, I wasn't online last night, so first the Liner news, then read this whole thread.  WOW what a storm of events.  Hopefully by 2:15 we'll have made a BIG jump in the rankings, and all will be on course for another HUGE recruiting haul.  :we:

Well, I wasn't online last night, so first the Liner news, then read this whole thread.  WOW what a storm of events.  Hopefully by 2:15 we'll have made a BIG jump in the rankings, and all will be on course for another HUGE recruiting haul.   :we:

Nothing like taking Bama's only 5* commit and making him our 3rd!!!! (Rivals)

I just posted in the Reuben Foster thread and wondering how in the world only one other person had mentioned this...then I discovered 5+ pages of this thread  :-[

Anyway, I would have felt better about this press conference a few weeks ago since Foster has seemed very interested in UGA recently; however, IF Auburn press were the only ones notified, and IF Foster cancelled Dawg Night then I'd say tomorrow's presser will reveal:

1.) Re-opening of recruitment

1a.) Auburn commitment

2.) UGA commitment

3. Reaffirming Bama commitment

That's really going out on a limb........

If RF commits to the good guys, be prepared for the bammer spin to start and then watch his star power decrease and whoever they replace him with will gain....... By NSD RF (if commits to AUB) will be a 4 star.

But WAR EAGLE and I will take that 4 star anyday of the week!!! Here's hoping for a commitment this afternoon  :thumbsup:

Also tweeted this:

You're dead to me.

;D

If he is committing to us today, I would have hoped he would wait.  This is more time for the REC to work on favors for him & Mama

And more time for him to recruit for us and develop stronger relationships with our coaches, players, and recruits.  

Archived