2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

The stache is just too much to handle

uhhh hummmm. When referring to the D Line part of this class do not overlook Coach Pelton. Every one of our D Line commits have said their relationship with Coach Pelton was a big factor on them picking Auburn.

It's nice when you can say you coached guys like DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora.

Exactly. Ok. Back to Foster. I just wanted Coach Pelton to get his just credit along with CBVG.

This news has kept me up for too long now. Been hitting the refresh button on this website for the past couple hours. Will be checking back in before the press conference. Night

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

The stache is just too much to handle

uhhh hummmm. When referring to the D Line part of this class do not overlook Coach Pelton. Every one of our D Line commits have said their relationship with Coach Pelton was a big factor on them picking Auburn.

It's nice when you can say you coached guys like DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora.

Exactly. Ok. Back to Foster. I just wanted Coach Pelton to get his just credit along with CBVG.

I think we've ran out of things to say about Foster and the current situation. I'm hitting the sack.  :we:

I agree with Jonsey, if he does in fact to flip to the good guys, I would much rather it be the day before NSD. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Taking a break from pulling an all-nighter to say that this would make my day more than getting an A on my test I am taking today if Foster commits. Don't post often on here, but I'm extremely grateful for the insight from some of those that do. WFE!

I wouldn't be excited if he flipped this early.

That's kind of how I'm feeling. Though I would like if he did, what's to say that he won't do it again?

I know what y'all mean, but I'd rather him be committed to us than to someone else. Not that I would breathe easy about it yet...

^^^THIS^^^  I don't count anyone AUBURN LOCK until the LOI is sent!!!!

Rivals article about the presser, FREE READ:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=post;topic=47144.120;num_replies=122

"The nation's No. 2 overall prospect and No. 1 inside linebacker has called a press conference for Thursday.

Auburn (Ala.) High five-star Reuben Foster will make an announcement at the Auburn High Multimedia Room.

The reason for the press conference is unknown at this time, but sources close to Foster believe it will be related to his recruitment.

Foster, 6-foot-2, 230 pounds, has been committed to Alabama for nearly a year. He gave an early pledge to the Tide on July 18, 2011.

However, speculation about Foster's commitment to Alabama has been rampant, particularly in the last two weeks since he made a three-day visit to his former in-state school Georgia.

Foster transferred from Troup High (LaGrange, Ga.) to Auburn in the spring.

Also feeding the rumors of a possible switch has been Georgia commitment Tray Matthews. Matthews and Foster are close friends and both have said they plan to play together in college.

"I'm definitely going to play with Tray - period, no matter what the school," Foster told UGASports.com earlier this month.

The press conference is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. CT."

I'm hoping but the thing I can't really get out my mind is Tray hasn't visited here again yet.  So isn't that bad with the timing of the press conference?  Either way I'm still hoping

I want in this thread before the presser.   :P

:wareagle:

lol.  Don't worry; this thread will continue until Reuben enrolls at a school or signs a LOI no matter what he has to say at the press conference.

Piecing it all together....

1. Matthews says they've made their choice.

2. Matthews no-showed the interview (bad form, by the way), while Foster has canceled Dawg Night -- or so they say.

3. Foster hangs around Auburn's facilities a lot.  Those are relationships he's building.

It's looking like Auburn to me.  I hear what Jonesy is saying about an early flip, but (1) he's local now, (2) he's in it with a friend, and (3) better us than somebody else.

Since RF and TM want to play together in college - RF didn't want to play at the sinking ship in UGA and TM didn't want to be a turd - so they decided to compromise and meet in the middle.  Welcome to the plains boys!!!! That's just my two cents.

Blaze,  tray could have very well have visited again and it not have been reported.  Either way Foster is the leader in this group.

Well well. Interesting read this morning!

Wonder now whether Tray will join Reuben at the presser ...

I like this way this seems to be shaping up.

Is Auburn holding a camp this weekend?

If so, could it be possible that since TMatt didn't show at the radio station, he could be coming to the presser as a surprise? And both may be attending a camp?  :dunno:

If so, could it be possible that since TMatt didn't show at the radio station, he could be coming to the presser as a surprise? And both may be attending a camp?  :dunno:

No Weegs. You can't use logic. Just sunshine pump.  :happydance:

Is Foster over his hamstring injury?  If not, I doubt he'll be participating in any camps until he is.

I agree with Jonsey, if he does in fact to flip to the good guys, I would much rather it be the day before NSD. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Not me. I'd much rather get him now. The longer he would wait, the more bad that can happen (Leonard Williams, Mike Blakeley, Deon Bush, etc)

I think it is us (to AU). And that is just based the way this has unfolded, who has broken the story, the fact he lives in AU now with the presser being at AUHS and all the AU reporters confirming they were ALL attending last night, story about cancelling his dawg night visit yesterday, etc. I do not think this has anything to do with Mathews though and Mathews will make up his on mind later if he sticks with UGA if Foster goes AU today.

JMO from following the happenings over the last few months though, nothing more.

Archived