2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I wouldn't be excited if he flipped this early.

True. I just assume he publicly remained committed to the updykes all the while secretly committed to the good guys and wait till the week before signing day like TJ Yeldon and pulled the ol' switharoo.

Then again, an early RF verbal could help us with guys like Montravius Adams and Derrick Green -- 5 star prospects want to play with fellow 5 star prospects.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comments from UGA commit Tray Matthews just one week ago - “We are having fun, but we talked last night and we really know where we want to go. We both decided on a school and we are the only two that know. A couple of people are not going to like the decision, but we have to do what is best for us."

This leads me to believe that it is more of a UGA lean..

Another note: Not sure if this has anything to do with Foster but Tray Matthews was supposed to be on a UGA sports talk show last night but never came on and hasn't been heard from since.

@MikeyDavisShow

@Trigga_Tray28 didn't come on the show tonight and I haven't heard from him. Now, Reuben Foster has called a press conf - correlation?

Comments from UGA commit Tray Matthews just one week ago - “We are having fun, but we talked last night and we really know where we want to go. We both decided on a school and we are the only two that know. A couple of people are not going to like the decision, but we have to do what is best for us."

It never mentioned they both decided on the same school. Jusy sayin'

I just did a cyber backflip!!!

Don't get me wrong, RF is a stud, but I think TM has the making of an All-American D-1 safety. The two as a pair could go down has one of the biggest recruiting coupes in Auburn history.

I respectfully disagree. I think ST is implying they both choose Auburn in the end. I could be wrong though.

I respectfully disagree. I think ST is implying they both choose Auburn in the end. I could be wrong though.

That's just such a huge feat, that I hate to be so optimistic to where I think that we can actually switch both of them. If we manage to get both, I would have no worry that they are firm with their commitment at Auburn. I've just thought that Tray is a firm commit to UGA.

I agree there. Getting them both at one time, from our two biggest rivals, and they are both basically the best in the country at their positions. I certainly have never seen a coupe that big in my time following recruiting, which is admittedly only a few years. I'm ok with it happening now, especially if the two of them really start recruiting for AU immediately. They have had long enough to think about it now IMO. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that if they make the switch they will stick with it.

I agree with you E. If we get RF I will be very excited. However, in some respects I have expected him to come to AU. If TM flips that will get me super excited as I am expecting him to stay at UGA.

Don't see how you get that at all. Especially after Tray dissed the UGA radio show and RF canceled his trip to Dawg Night. Seriously, not sure how you're getting that notion.

One more comment from Matthews, "I will visit Auburn when I get back from the Opening with Reuben, and maybe two or three times before the season."

I agree there. Getting them both at one time, from our two biggest rivals, and they are both basically the best in the country at their positions. I certainly have never seen a coupe that big in my time following recruiting, which is admittedly only a few years. I'm ok with it happening now, especially if the two of them really start recruiting for AU immediately. They have had long enough to think about it now IMO. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that if they make the switch they will stick with it.

It wouldn't just be them though.. Dee Liner, Carl Lawson, and Trey Johnson too.. And maybe Montravius Adams. Those names with Reuben Foster added on there would honestly be too scary to be true.

It wouldn't just be them though.. Dee Liner, Carl Lawson, and Trey Johnson too.. And maybe Montravius Adams. Those names with Reuben Foster added on there would honestly be too scary to be true.

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

Also tray said that his mom will support any decision he makes but she would be upset if he picked auburn. Maybe she will be the one upset.

One more comment from Matthews, "I will visit Auburn when I get back from the Opening with Reuben, and maybe two or three times before the season."

Am I right ST? Are you thinking Matthews eventually flips to Auburn as well?

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

Golf clap.

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

The stache is just too much to handle

uhhh hummmm. When referring to the D Line part of this class do not overlook Coach Pelton. Every one of our D Line commits have said their relationship with Coach Pelton was a big factor on them picking Auburn.

uhhh hummmm. When referring to the D Line part of this class do not overlook Coach Pelton. Every one or our D Line commits have said their relationship with Coach Pelton was a big factor on them picking Auburn.

Pelton has done an excellent job thus far. It's just overwhelming to me how far deep the defensive line will go if things stay as they are now with this 2013 class coming in. Montravius would just be more exceptional talent.

Brian-VanGorder.jpg

The stache is just too much to handle

uhhh hummmm. When referring to the D Line part of this class do not overlook Coach Pelton. Every one of our D Line commits have said their relationship with Coach Pelton was a big factor on them picking Auburn.

It's nice when you can say you coached guys like DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora.

Archived