2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

@AndrewJBone AuburnSports.com broke the story on Foster. They were contacted. Bama, UGA sites were not. @Rivals

Ok, now I'm getting a tad excited.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMatt and PMarsh from 247 are attending the Presser. I like our chances.

are they driving ALL the way from Auburn to be there?  Pretend this is in yellow.

Nicely Done AUDevil!!   :laugh:

If I was an Auburn beat reporter with nothing to do on a boring July afternoon, I might consider dropping by AHS after lunch.  No skin off my teeth.  I'd definitely tell my followers that I'm going if they asked the night before.

Auburnsports.com broke the story, and according to many reports the only people that spend more time at  the athletic facilities are the coaches and players. However he does have a lot of his friends going to uga. In the words of Big Bird i say we got a 50/50 shot.

Think ppl are putting way too much stock in our mods/reporters being there. The guy is arguably the top player in the country playing high school ball down the block, and there's a CHANCE he could pick AU. They dang sure better be there just in case he does.

I'm definitely not saying he won't pick the good guys, but honestly, I don't think anybody knows what's happening tomorrow. Everyone's just covering their P's and Q's.

Ok. How about No UGA or Bammer site was contacted but auburnsports.com was contacted and broke the story.

I thought he and Matthews were going to announce together before their football season started....what changed?  As long as people are answering questions, what does REC stand for that I have seen in other threads--typically referring to Alabama.

I thought he and Matthews were going to announce together before their football season started....what changed?  As long as people are answering questions, what does REC stand for that I have seen in other threads--typically referring to Alabama.

REC=Red Elephant Club

REC=Red Elephant Club

Thanks.  LOL.  :zapbama:

My prediction is he is just decommitting from bama and will reopen his recruitment.   :tease:  Wouldn't that suck!  

I hope it is some kind of commitment.  Of course I want AU, but if not AU I will look at it as at least we know to not let him in the athletic complex anymore.  >:(

No offense to all you good Auburn fans but Ive gotten to the point where I dont really care what he does anymore. Enough is enough and Im pretty much WAY over quota with this whole epic saga. This time of year is horrible with the idle gossip and then obsessing over recruits

I guess he read this and decided BlueVue shouldn't have to wait anymore?

I thought he and Matthews were going to announce together before their football season started....what changed?

nothing, It was just more smoke Tray Matthews was dealing out.

I thought he and Matthews were going to announce together before their football season started....what changed?

do you think they are still planning on playing together or mainly hype by matthews?

do you think they are still planning on playing together or mainly hype by matthews?

Foster has been saying the same.

ST posted on facebook...

Via AuburnSports.com: 5 star LB Reuben Foster has called a press conference for tomorrow at 2pm. May be making a switch to #AU or #UGA

:wareagle:

Why would he hold one if he wasn't flipping? I would've felt better about this if it had been a few weeks ago. Lately its seemed like he's been more enamored with UGA than AU... but who knows? I'll be checking Twitter like crazy tomorrow afternoon.  :we:

UGA writer for ESPN DawgVent tweeted the following:

"1. Not going to Dawg Night 2. Auburn media notified (not anyone else) 3. Loves it there as does his friends"

"Considering that a ‪UGA‬ target that frequently talks to Reuben Foster told me he expected Foster to end up at ‪AU‬ ... we'll see."

I don't know what to think of all this tonight...seems like it has taken a lot of people by surprise, so who knows what he will announce.  Maybe he isn't announcing a decommitment/commitment at all...maybe he will say he has decided to change high schools again?!? dunno.gif  Where are the AHS members on the site when you need them?!?

One thing I do know, there are going to be some serious heart palpitations starting in about 5 or 6 hours when the early birds wake up and see this tsunami that began rolling toward shore at 11:22 pm tonight while they were snuggled up in their beds!!  laugh.gif

Foster has been saying the same.

only when asked and Foster was laughing when he said it. Tray was the one boasting about it. Take it from a poker player. That's a big difference.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, this just makes me so impressed with what great recruiters our coaches are and what a great program Auburn is. In the mix with so many quality prospects.

If you see this tweet. Don't buy it. It's a prank from a fellow AU fan on TD...

@TideSports Despite conflicting reports Reuben Foster does not have a committable offer to Alabama.

I just posted in the Reuben Foster thread and wondering how in the world only one other person had mentioned this...then I discovered 5+ pages of this thread  :-[

Anyway, I would have felt better about this press conference a few weeks ago since Foster has seemed very interested in UGA recently; however, IF Auburn press were the only ones notified, and IF Foster cancelled Dawg Night then I'd say tomorrow's presser will reveal:

1.) Re-opening of recruitment

1a.) Auburn commitment

2.) UGA commitment

3. Reaffirming Bama commitment

I have thought Matthews hype for a week.

Archived