2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Tomorrow will have a lot to do with whether or not he attends "Dawg Night:

Now you see why I worded it carefully and said that he was "scheduled" to go?  ;) Just having some fun with the troops!

Keep in mind that he is scheduled to attend "Dawg Nite" this weekend.  :(

He cancelled Dawgnight a few days ago according to ESPN Georgia site anaylist Kip Adams.

shh.gif

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you see why I worded it carefully and said that he was "scheduled" to go?  ;) Just having some fun with the troops!

Ok DJ. The Frown threw me off. I thought you were serious.

My positive spin from the land of unicorns and fairy tales...he "transitions" to Auburn eventually, in january, by way of UGA.  This takes some of the pressure off of him instate when he signs with us.  Those bammies will have forgotten all about him by then.

As one of the troops, I did not find it funny.  However, if Foster commits to AU then it will make me feel much better.  :wedance:  

I will say this. Which team's pay site broke the story? A good rule of thumb is the team the broke the story gets the recruit. This does not always happen though.

Well, I truly hope that he decides to go to Auburn, but if Auburn is not the place for him, I hope he finds some place that he can both get a good education and possibly go into the NFL.  WDE and lets hope for the best!

UGA commits didn't get much recruiting done on Reuben at the opening.  He was gone Sat and Sunday on a trip to Washington.  

Didn't he leave their "meeting" early too?

I am hoping that it is an announcement for him to switch his commitment to AU. I am however worried that it could very well be UGA, considering him and Tray would reallllly like to play together.

From our good friend...

@Smuphy

Every Auburn Reporter is attending tomorrow. They wouldn't do that for someone not Announcing to AU.

Here is an interesting article on al.com:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/video_reuben_foster_talks_alab.html

Check out this quote:

"So sometimes, yeah, I think about going to Auburn but I'm a solid commit to Alabama."

With this announcement coming up that he wants a press conference, and expressing that he's had second thoughts makes me feel pretty good. Don't want to get too optimistic though.

BMatt and PMarsh from 247 are attending the Presser. I like our chances.

are they driving ALL the way from Auburn to be there?  Pretend this is in yellow.

are they driving ALL the way from Auburn to be there?  Pretend this is in yellow.

I heard there was gonna be traffic, so its quite the imposition!

Just saw on twitter, AuburnSports broke the story, Andrew Bone is talking about it, or should I say tweeting.

Distance is not a factor. It's not likely that every reporter from all of a team's pay sites goes to a presser and the kid not choose that school. Every AU reporter is going.

Does anyone else remember Foster saying recently that travel could be an issue for his family?  I would swear I read that somewhere ... anyway, if I did I would think it would be a sign for the good guys! :wareagle:

Think ppl are putting way too much stock in our mods/reporters being there. The guy is arguably the top player in the country playing high school ball down the block, and there's a CHANCE he could pick AU. They dang sure better be there just in case he does.

I'm definitely not saying he won't pick the good guys, but honestly, I don't think anybody knows what's happening tomorrow. Everyone's just covering their P's and Q's.

Nicely Done AUDevil!!  :laugh:

Archived