2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

No offense to all you good Auburn fans but Ive gotten to the point where I dont really care what he does anymore. Enough is enough and Im pretty much WAY over quota with this whole epic saga. This time of year is horrible with the idle gossip and then obsessing over recruits

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foster is going to be an Auburn Tiger so we nees to talk about him aa much as possible.  He is the best lb recruit that i have ever seen.

Foster is going to be an Auburn Tiger so we nees to talk about him aa much as possible.  He is the best lb recruit that i have ever seen.

And you know this so confidently because..........???????

Interesting comments from an AL.com article today: "It's my business. I'm not saying it's not possible but it's my business, it's my opinion, it's my decision. It's about what's best for me and my family," Foster said. "Knowing that my mom won't have transportation to my college, it gets me sometimes. So sometimes, yeah, I think about going to Auburn but I'm a solid commit to Alabama. I'm still with Alabama because I want to take care of my family."

Why is sticking with Bama taking care of his family. Sounds like the REC hard at work.

So if she ends up with a Car to travel with going to Tuscaloosa then we know the REC had a hand in it seeing how RF just admitted she currently doesn't have one to travel on.

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's a pretty disturbing statement to make.

As much as I want to see bama raked over the coals for some of the shady things they do, I think what we are experiencing here is the fact that they convince players that the best way to get to the NFL is through them, and it doesn't help us that we didn't have any major draft picks last year while they had several.  

Until we start having multiple players drafted high, each year, it's going to be hard to convince players who want to "take care of family" that we are the best way for them to make bank in the NFL.

Well everybody in the country, even Foster himself, knows that he will be drafted in the NFL no matter where he plays so I don't think that applies in this case. He also knows AU has as many players in the NFL as UAT along with a DC who was actually successful in the NFL.

Interesting comments from an AL.com article today: "It's my business. I'm not saying it's not possible but it's my business, it's my opinion, it's my decision. It's about what's best for me and my family," Foster said. "Knowing that my mom won't have transportation to my college, it gets me sometimes. So sometimes, yeah, I think about going to Auburn but I'm a solid commit to Alabama. I'm still with Alabama because I want to take care of my family."

Why is sticking with Bama taking care of his family. Sounds like the REC hard at work.

I am sure Trey Blackmon and everyone else thought he would too. That did not happen.

So if she ends up with a Car to travel with going to Tuscaloosa then we know the REC had a hand in it seeing how RF just admitted she currently doesn't have one to travel on.

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's a pretty disturbing statement to make.

As much as I want to see bama raked over the coals for some of the shady things they do, I think what we are experiencing here is the fact that they convince players that the best way to get to the NFL is through them, and it doesn't help us that we didn't have any major draft picks last year while they had several.  

Until we start having multiple players drafted high, each year, it's going to be hard to convince players who want to "take care of family" that we are the best way for them to make bank in the NFL.

Well everybody in the country, even Foster himself, knows that he will be drafted in the NFL no matter where he plays so I don't think that applies in this case. He also knows AU has as many players in the NFL as UAT along with a DC who was actually successful in the NFL.

No offense to all you good Auburn fans but Ive gotten to the point where I dont really care what he does anymore. Enough is enough and Im pretty much WAY over quota with this whole epic saga. This time of year is horrible with the idle gossip and then obsessing over recruits

Just to touch on this real quick. I'd like to point out that this Epic Saga is not really of RF's making. This is mainly a fan and media driven saga. In the quote from AL.com article it seems as though he is getting tired of the saga. I think he wants to be left alone and let his decision be his decision. I almost feel like he is being driven to UAT by the badgering he is constantly getting about flipping to AU. Leave the man alone and let him make his decision.

Foster has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. Many believe he will switch his commitment to Auburn or Georgia

STAY TUNED

Foster has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. Many believe he will switch his commitment to Auburn or Georgia

STAY TUNED

It's UGA if he actually commits tomorrow.

Its AU. Boom.  Why would it be in Auburn High...

If it wasn't, ST would have added something to that (or not posted at all)...kind of like when Rodgers committed to USCw and we didn't get anything "official" beforehand which would indicate an AU commitment.

If it wasn't, ST would have added something to that (or not posted at all)...kind of like when Rodgers committed to USCw and we didn't get anything "official" beforehand which would indicate an AU commitment.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

ST posted on facebook...

Via AuburnSports.com: 5 star LB Reuben Foster has called a press conference for tomorrow at 2pm. May be making a switch to #AU or #UGA

:wareagle:

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

and you're saying this because...

Maybe because he attends AHS...but it is during the summer, so he could do it anywhere I guess.  dunno.gif

Why are you so certain it's the bullpups if he flips to someone tomorrow Flex?

If he does pick Georgia, then I would guess his days of hanging out around the Athlectic Complex will be over.  I'm going with the good guys.    :wareagle:

Maybe because he attends AHS...but it is during the summer, so he could do it anywhere I guess.  dunno.gif

Because as of yesterday people I spoke to thought UGA had taken the lead.  The Opening event apparently did not help our cause.  Now, this is recruiting so maybe something has changed, but right now my best guess is UGA.

so is he scheduled to attend Dawg Nite or did he cancel?

According to UGA mod on rivals, cancelled his trip to Dawg Night YESTERDAY.  No idea if it changed since then.

At this point, I wish he would just flip or reaffirm his commitment, shut down his recruitment, shut down visits, and politely ask at the end of the press conference if coaches from other schools would please stop calling.  I want him to flip to the good guys badly but only if he wants to be here.  As far as predictions go, I'm guessing he has tired of the pressure, is going to reaffirm his commitment, and try to put an end to all the speculation.  On the other hand, if he flips to us there will be a whole lot of  :party: going on!  War Eagle!

Because as of yesterday people I spoke to thought UGA had taken the lead.  The Opening event apparently did not help our cause.  Now, this is recruiting so maybe something has changed, but right now my best guess is UGA.

Ok, thanks Flex.  I know you have some good contacts.  Why are you saying The Opening did not help AU?  Because he was getting teamed up on by all the uga recruits?

Keep in mind that he is scheduled to attend "Dawg Nite" this weekend.  :(

He cancelled Dawgnight a few days ago according to ESPN Georgia site anaylist Kip Adams.

Archived