2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comments from an AL.com article today: "It's my business. I'm not saying it's not possible but it's my business, it's my opinion, it's my decision. It's about what's best for me and my family," Foster said. "Knowing that my mom won't have transportation to my college, it gets me sometimes. So sometimes, yeah, I think about going to Auburn but I'm a solid commit to Alabama. I'm still with Alabama because I want to take care of my family."

Why is sticking with Bama taking care of his family. Sounds like the REC hard at work.

Sounds like one of those REC dealerships are working up a "special" interest rate on new transportation for mama.

.....nahhh bammer wouldn't do that.. :zapbama:

ChaseGoodbread Chase Goodbread

RT @AndrewJBone: Just posted some news regarding Reuben Foster on Talk of Champions board ($) http://t.co/LGIbnbqa

Anyone?

just yesterday's news....that Foster won't be attending Dawg Night.

I hope he attends AU's camp instead.

Interesting comments from an AL.com article today: "It's my business. I'm not saying it's not possible but it's my business, it's my opinion, it's my decision. It's about what's best for me and my family," Foster said. "Knowing that my mom won't have transportation to my college, it gets me sometimes. So sometimes, yeah, I think about going to Auburn but I'm a solid commit to Alabama. I'm still with Alabama because I want to take care of my family."

Why is sticking with Bama taking care of his family. Sounds like the REC hard at work.

So if she ends up with a Car to travel with going to Tuscaloosa then we know the REC had a hand in it seeing how RF just admitted she currently doesn't have one to travel on.

We have heard for weeks that he was changing... but he keeps saying he is solid to uat. Until he actually decommits, commits, and actually signs with AU, I refuse to believe it. They will not let him go and will do whatever it takes. We have all seen it so many times.

So if she ends up with a Car to travel with going to Tuscaloosa then we know the REC had a hand in it seeing how RF just admitted she currently doesn't have one to travel on.

Pretty much what it sounded like.  It's amazing that these kids can all rave about the family atmosphere at our beloved university, but repeated quotes reveal that spuat is "better for [my] family."  How?  If the school only provides an education and athletic training, then how is one school better for your family than another, especially if they don't live in proximity to the school?  And don't even start with the so and so school better prepares me for the NFL.  The way kids like RF are hyped up from the beginning of HS, they all think they can succeed wherever they go (which is the mentality a top athlete should have anyways).

They will just pay her to house sit a home next to the stadium so she won't need a job or transportation. :dunno: This would sound crazy and over the top if it didn't already happen.

Sounds like a job for "housesitters 'r us" REC guy.

We have heard for weeks that he was changing... but he keeps saying he is solid to uat. Until he actually decommits, commits, and actually signs with AU, I refuse to believe it. They will not let him go and will do whatever it takes. We have all seen it so many times.

They may let him go if they get another elite 5* LB that they lead for in Matthew Thomas.

Same thing Yeldon said after he flopped...or something to the tune of "It was what was best for me and my family." I don't understand how one individual going to one school can "take care of" an immediate family.

They may let him go if they get another elite 5* LB that they lead for in Matthew Thomas.

ell - I hope you are correct, I really do. But I have seen this song and dance before over and over and over throughout the years. Time will tell I guess.

Ain't no way they would let go, they would try to get #1 & #2 LB's.

We have heard for weeks that he was changing... but he keeps saying he is solid to uat. Until he actually decommits, commits, and actually

signs with AU, I refuse to believe it. They will not let him go and will do whatever it takes. We have all seen it so many times.

°^^^° What he said. From the recent comments made by RF

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's a pretty disturbing statement to make.

Thomas is a completely different type of linebacker that Foster. IMO, one has nothing to do with the other and taking both would not be a threat for playing time to either.

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's a pretty disturbing statement to make.

As much as I want to see bama raked over the coals for some of the shady things they do, I think what we are experiencing here is the fact that they convince players that the best way to get to the NFL is through them, and it doesn't help us that we didn't have any major draft picks last year while they had several.  

Until we start having multiple players drafted high, each year, it's going to be hard to convince players who want to "take care of family" that we are the best way for them to make bank in the NFL.

here is my concern about RF.  As much as i want him at AU, and love to hear that he is spending as much time as he is around the athletic department, he is still stating his loyalty to his commitment to the dark side.  I know this is being said to keep the REC off his back, but it is still a bit uncomfortable to me.  I trust our coaches........A LOT, but i hope the amount of time he is spending at the facilities doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.  Certainly, they wouldn't go so far as to share any inside information that would help a player from another team if his commitment did remain firm.  Any insight on these fears?

here is my concern about RF.  As much as i want him at AU, and love to hear that he is spending as much time as he is around the athletic department, he is still stating his loyalty to his commitment to the dark side.  I know this is being said to keep the REC off his back, but it is still a bit uncomfortable to me.  I trust our coaches........A LOT, but i hope the amount of time he is spending at the facilities doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.  Certainly, they wouldn't go so far as to share any inside information that would help a player from another team if his commitment did remain firm.  Any insight on these fears?

IMO, our coaches are "street savy" so I do not believe that they could be pull into something like that...

I doubt they're 'talking shop' in any great detail with him when he's there.

Do any of you know of any recruits that commit and sign with any other college---SEC or otherwise---talk about having their family taken care of when they commit/sign with Bama? If you recall, Trent Richardson, when he committed to Bama, mentioned about his family being taken care of---and yes, we know his mother became the USA's highest paid house sitter; that running back from So. Alabama, otherwise known as he-who-shall-not-be-named, thanked them for all they would do for he and his family; and now, Foster is talking about it. The difference with Foster, though, is that he specifically mentioned that his mother doesn't have transportation to get to watch him play if he does go to Tuscaloosa. I wonder if she'll get one of Trent's old Grand Cherokees? Does anyone think the NCAA is taking note of any of this?

Archived