2013 3* OG Deon Mix signs with AU!

robbykidd

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, he's a big boy. I've got to feel good that Mix decommitted from MSU and set up a visit to AU the same day (from what I can tell).

I know this guy doesn't look like a backup plan at all, but where do we stand with him and what does this to to our OL recruiting?

I'm a bit puzzled. We signed seven OL guys last year. We already have a JUCO guy in school for this class and are heavily after the OG from Mobile and Golson from Prattville. Are the coaches that down on last year's class?

I'm a bit puzzled. We signed seven OL guys last year. We already have a JUCO guy in school for this class and are heavily after the OG from Mobile and Golson from Prattville. Are the coaches that down on last year's class?

Who knows, I'm gonna trust they know what they want and need. We need depth. From what I've witnessed a lot of OL are hit or miss in terms of development. Maybe they are getting back up plans together. Idk

FWIW, I know Malzahn's offense leans heavily on athletic guards that can pull and serve as lead blockers outside the tackle. So even though it looked like Chizik was going after OGs this year I can see why Malzahn would be even more.

Personally I think we should sign at least 3 OL a year. The 2010 class has had only 1 of the 4 guys actually play. We have lost 2 from the 2011 class to transfer. Attrition always seems to hit the OL and you don't wanna have to get 7 guys again down the road to bolster numbers. Also it looks like Gus is not impressed with guards already on campus and wants to bring in guys that he thinks fit better. I will be curious to see if we take Wilson Bell or this kid or if we would take both

Maybe they are just trying to move from a D grade to a C. (just kidding Mickey, all in fun) :)

Personally I think we should sign at least 3 OL a year. The 2010 class has had only 1 of the 4 guys actually play. We have lost 2 from the 2011 class to transfer. Attrition always seems to hit the OL and you don't wanna have to get 7 guys again down the road to bolster numbers. Also it looks like Gus is not impressed with guards already on campus and wants to bring in guys that he thinks fit better. I will be curious to see if we take Wilson Bell or this kid or if we would take both

I think we should sign as many OL as we can per year. This is one thing Tubby did well. Also, I wonder if Malzahn knows of some attrition that we don't know about yet.

3 will get us back to even for Mack, Westerman, Sulley. Our only commit right now will be a Junior so getting some Freshmen in to RS is not a bad idea. I think it also has to do with something you mentioned before. We have available slots for 28 (?) so they might want to fill them with a couple solid Freshmen OL players they think have good potential for future development.

Most of the large group signed last year were more tackle types than guards. Maybe we are evening up the numbers by position.

^^^THIS^^^ IMO. We do not have many BIG 'UN's as I call them. We have some athletic linemen but not many 310+ guys.

Big uglies win ball games!! Bring 'em in, redshirt them and have yearly depth and quality. Plus OL injuries have killed us the last two seasons.

We have a lot of attrition on the team and especially at the o-line so I see no problem with it. Plus I will take talent anytime we can get it. Also I truely do not think that this years recruiting technique will be the model going forward. The coaches were behind in a big way and I think they are offering every player they think can help this team and fill this class with talent and provide quality depth. I think that is why so many people are getting offers lately and why we have so many juncos. Starting next year I think the plan will be different. I for one am happy with the class currently( considering what has happen) and if we can keep LAwson and get foster back then the coaches will have done as good a job as anyone.

We have a lot of attrition on the team and especially at the o-line so I see no problem with it. Plus I will take talent anytime we can get it. Also I truely do not think that this years recruiting technique will be the model going forward. The coaches were behind in a big way and I think they are offering every player they think can help this team and fill this class with talent and provide quality depth. I think that is why so many people are getting offers lately and why we have so many juncos. Starting next year I think the plan will be different. I for one am happy with the class currently( considering what has happen) and if we can keep LAwson and get foster back then the coaches will have done as good a job as anyone.

+1, good post.

Most normal rational AU fans will agree with you.

Unfortunately for Bell, I see the writing on the wall for Mix to Auburn.

When all the dust settles at the end of this, it may not necessarily be an either or situation. There are a lot of moving parts right now.

They should be. Patrick Miller is just plain awful.

Miller was a freshman playing against the best defenses in the nation... I think we can cut him a little slack....

Miller was a freshman playing against the best defenses in the nation... I think we can cut him a little slack....

but then people couldn't show their obvious lack of knowledge.

Archived