2013 3* OG Deon Mix signs with AU!

robbykidd

I am astonished @ last year after the year before.

I thought that team would be ashamed and feed up with the pushing around they took and come back motivated and with a chip.

I just don't think that they were made to understand. This staff is seasoned and under no illusions as to what has to happen to salvage some good young men. If those players ''get it" they may also decide someone needs to get got for what they went through.

Cut them all a little slack in writing and let the coaches hold their feet to the fire on conditioning and on the field.

I think we will see much better than we can imagine.

JMHO

WDE.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit puzzled. We signed seven OL guys last year. We already have a JUCO guy in school for this class and are heavily after the OG from Mobile and Golson from Prattville. Are the coaches that down on last year's class?

They should be. Patrick Miller is just plain awful.

Miller was a freshman playing against the best defenses in the nation... I think we can cut him a little slack....

but then people couldn't show their obvious lack of knowledge.

I guess so. Or maybe they just don't give much value to the possible 5 years of college strength training that a redshirted senior would have had, compared to Miller's few months....

I have no idea what Patrick Miller will be. It's obvious he was thrown in before he was ready, which is probably why he didn't win the job at the start of the season, but it was equally obvious that he was giving us everything he had. The guy took a beating week-in, week-out for most of the season. Despite that, he kept himself on the field each week. That's toughness. I make no judgment on his future, but I'm appreciative of the effort he gave and physical pounding he put himself through for Auburn.

I have no idea what Patrick Miller will be. It's obvious he was thrown in before he was ready, which is probably why he didn't win the job at the start of the season, but it was equally obvious that he was giving us everything he had. The guy took a beating week-in, week-out for most of the season. Despite that, he kept himself on the field each week. That's toughness. I make no judgment on his future, but I'm appreciative of the effort he gave and physical pounding he put himself through for Auburn.

I believe he was to be red-shirted until the injuries to Diamond and Young. I could be wrong.

I'm fairly confident most of these kids will rebound this year with THE BEST COACHING STAFF IN THE COUNTRY. Sry, got a little excited there for a minute.

This is totally cliche, but so totally true......you can never have enough good OL and DL. Other than QB, skill position players are a dime a dozen.

wde

When someone decommits this late in the game there is usually a problem. Grades possibly. I'm sure Mix is ours if we accept his commitment. Hope staff does their homework, but things are happening pretty fast right now. Everyone seems to agree we sign 28 due to likely attrition in spring, especially OL.

Is Deon visiting this w/e? The Auburn Scout site list him as taking an OV this w/e but couldn't find it on any other site.

I'm a bit puzzled. We signed seven OL guys last year. We already have a JUCO guy in school for this class and are heavily after the OG from Mobile and Golson from Prattville. Are the coaches that down on last year's class?

Miller was a freshman playing against the best defenses in the nation... I think we can cut him a little slack....

+1

Let me tell you something. If you start and finish the games on the OL in this conference, you can play football. He was a freshman. Got it handed to him. I say his performance is a sign of good things. The performance jump should be incredible next year.

That's not to say he might not have limitations. If he does, though, none of us know what they are from last season.

(Former small college lineman here.)

Yep he is quoted as saying he will have to go home and pray about it.

Well the sky is blue and the sun is orange. Obviously God is an Auburn fan. That should be a good enough hint for him

miller was awful. but the situation robbed him of a chance to redshirt and develope. i will certainly give him a mulligan. he can still use a redshirt and his experience last year can be helpful. he didnt quit, that shows something.

Yep he is quoted as saying he will have to go home and pray about it.

Well the sky is blue and the sun is orange. Obviously God is an Auburn fan. That should be a good enough hint for him

thats what my mom taught me haha

I'm willing to give anyone who played last year a redo after the cluster that was our coaching staff.

Yes and people are wrong about Miller. Offensive tackle is probably the hardest position to start as a freshman in the SEC. There is a reason that offensive tackles are some of the highest paid players in the NFL. It is a hard job. Often Miller was going up against Jr. and Sr. players with an additional year of a redshirt who were much more physically developed and had much more experience. He was in no way prepared for what he was asked to do and still, in my opinion, did not play horribly.

I'm willing to give anyone who played last year a redo after the cluster that was our coaching staff.

Yes and people are wrong about Miller. Offensive tackle is probably the hardest position to start as a freshman in the SEC. There is a reason that offensive tackles are some of the highest paid players in the NFL. It is a hard job. Often Miller was going up against Jr. and Sr. players with an additional year of a redshirt who were much more physically developed and had much more experience. He was in no way prepared for what he was asked to do and still, in my opinion, did not play horribly.

Agreed Shug. This kid played with a lot of heart and took his lumps. I think he did a heck of a job going against top SEC lineman every week. I expect he will be tough to beat this spring with the experience he gained. Anyone who doesn't think there is a major difference between a jr or sr lineman and a true frosh are just nuts.

Exactly, and now he knows where he stands as well as gaining the experience. With a good strength coach he may be the next Jeff Backus (Started all 4 years at Michigan-only player ever / also played for Lions 12+ years and never missed a start)

Archived