2013 3* ATH Marcus Davis signs with AU!!!

ellitor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he's not 4 or 5* but this kid could be a Kodi Burns type in the slot. I like him and feel he's going to surprise a few people before he's done at Auburn. Just my .02 after seeng him play while on a trip early last football season in Florida. Athletic with good burst and plays offense like a defender. I was pleasantly surprised to see him here this weekend. WDE

Boy, I don't know why we go to all this trouble to hire great recruiters on the football staff. It is obvious that all we really need to do is have a couple people on this board watch a 4 minute video of each player, then check the Rivals recruiting site for the * rating to make the evaluations.... and then tell Gus whether a kid should get a scholly offer.

We have several people posting regularly on this board who could save the university a huge amount of money and we would no longer waste all that time and money hosting recruits like MD. I wonder why Gus hasn't thought of this?

Boy, I don't know why we go to all this trouble to hire great recruiters on the football staff. It is obvious that all we really need to do is have a couple people on this board watch a 4 minute video of each player, then check the Rivals recruiting site for the * rating to make the evaluations.... and then tell Gus whether a kid should get a scholly offer.

We have several people posting regularly on this board who could save the university a huge amount of money and we would no longer waste all that time and money hosting recruits like MD. I wonder why Gus hasn't thought of this?

Good point! Gus probably matriculated at the school of coaches who believe that when you start listening to the fans, it wont be long before you're sitting with them.

Is this Tre Mason's cousin?

He says "my little cousin Marcus davis committed to Auburn",on his twitter. Can't copy and paste for so reason.

Is this Tre Mason's cousin?

He says "my little cousin Marcus davis committed to Auburn",on his twitter. Can't copy and paste for so reason.

Would make sense..they're both from my neck of the woods in sofla

Welcome to the Auburn Family Marcus and War Eagle!!! I wish you the very best of everything in the future!!

Just one more piece of the puzzle. Loving it!

You got that right! And I bet you a cold beverage they just loved all those 4 and 5 star recruiting classes that we had the last 2 years. The nose tackle that stuffed everybody in the SEC last year was a 3 star. Guess Saban was stupid to give him a scholly.

Be interesting to know if our chances with Korn were discussed before the staff decided to make an offer to Marcus. Not identical players but just wondering.

Good read:

The Five Most Underrated SEC Recruits

http://www.southernpigskin.com/Recruiting/view/the-five-most-underrated-sec-recruits

ATH Marcus Davis (Auburn)

Almost unanimously considered a three-star prospect by the major recruiting services, Davis is a high school quarterback who will move to either cornerback or slot receiver at the next level. Although he stands just 5-10, 170 pounds, Davis possesses some of the best sudden burst in the 2013 class. He accelerates from a standstill to full speed in the blink of an eye and is capable of changing directions on the drop of a dime. With outstanding hip flexibility, Davis is a prime candidate to become a shutdown corner in college, although Gus Malzahn also likely wouldn’t mind putting the ball into his hands on offense. Regardless of where he ends up in college, Davis is a pure athlete who will make his presence felt at Auburn.

Good read:

http://www.southernpigskin.com/Recruiting/view/the-five-most-underrated-sec-recruits

Almost unanimously considered a three-star prospect by the major recruiting services, Davis is a high school quarterback who will move to either cornerback or slot receiver at the next level. Although he stands just 5-10, 170 pounds, Davis possesses some of the best sudden burst in the 2013 class. He accelerates from a standstill to full speed in the blink of an eye and is capable of changing directions on the drop of a dime. With outstanding hip flexibility, Davis is a prime candidate to become a shutdown corner in college, although Gus Malzahn also likely wouldn’t mind putting the ball into his hands on offense. Regardless of where he ends up in college, Davis is a pure athlete who will make his presence felt at Auburn.

This is great to hear.

Good read:

This is great to hear.

Sounds like he could step into that OMac role if need be.

He would not be offered a visit if he was not Greg Bryant's teamate. If we sign Greg Bryant, he has a chance at a scholly. If we do not sign Bryant, no chance this kid is signed by AU. But I like our coaching staff's strategy.

wde

Ooohh! Sorry.

Archived