2013 3* ATH Marcus Davis signs with AU!!!

ellitor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AUBURN -- Delray Beach (Fla.) three-star Marcus Davis has committed to Auburn following an official visit. Davis, an athlete capable of playing multiple positions, is Auburn's 19th commitment in the 2013 class.

"From the moment I got here, it feels like family. I'm committed to Auburn," Davis said. "Getting to sit down with the coaches and talk about the position I'd be playing.

"From the day I got here, the family feel was great."

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Davis will play the slot receiver position for Auburn. Last fall, he accounted for over 1,500 yards and sixteen touchdowns while leading his team to the Class 3A state title.

"I like the ball in my hands and I feel like I'll be able to make plays in this offense," Davis said.

Davis was recruited to Auburn by new receivers coach/co-offensive coordinator Dameyune Craig.

"He's a cool dude," Davis said. "The first time I met him he was a great dude. He knows a lot about the game and I'm excited to get coached by him. He and Coach (Rhett) Lashlee will give me the opportunity I've been waiting for. I'm ready to come in and work."

Davis chose Auburn over Arkansas, who he was considering visiting on Feb. 1.

I'm 100 percent committed, I'm done," said Davis. The bigger question may be, can Davis persuade his five-star teammate Greg Bryant to visit Auburn. Bryant is committed to Notre Dame, but Davis will give it a shot.

"I'll give it a shot, but he seems solid to Notre Dame," said Davis.

Rivals.com ranks Davis the No. 41 athlete nationally.

Link

What position will he play?

'The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Davis will play the slot receiver position for Auburn. Last fall, he accounted for over 1,500 yards and sixteen touchdowns while leading his team to the Class 3A state title.'

Great quickness and speed. Perfect for this offense and a future punt and kickoff return man. To me this is a diamond in the rough situation. WDE!!!

He would not be offered a visit if he was not Greg Bryant's teamate. If we sign Greg Bryant, he has a chance at a scholly. If we do not sign Bryant, no chance this kid is signed by AU. But I like our coaching staff's strategy.

wde

yep, nailed that one!! :-\

Jamie Newberg ‏@JamieNewberg

Was very impressed w Marcus Davis against Armwood this yr. Explosive and athletic. Ur going to like him at #auburn May help with GB as well.

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN

#Auburn got a good player in Marcus Davis. He was very impressive when I saw him play earlier this year. #WDE

He would not be offered a visit if he was not Greg Bryant's teamate. If we sign Greg Bryant, he has a chance at a scholly. If we do not sign Bryant, no chance this kid is signed by AU. But I like our coaching staff's strategy.

wde

Yes I did. Obviously we have extra schollys to hand out like we did last year with Wallace. Here is to hoping his is one of those CTT's diamond in the rough guys like Dansby or D Thomas. wde

wde

Call me surprised. Bryant's post lets you know it's no two-fer.

I would not say that. It just says a 2 fer is not a given. Bryant is still talking to our coaches.

wde

Yes I did. Obviously we have extra schollys to hand out like we did last year with Wallace. Here is to hoping his is one of those CTT's diamond in the rough guys like Dansby or D Thomas. wde

wde

:iamwithstupid: if you think you got that right....so which part of that bold statement did you get right?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

still one more MD thread to merge please.

Mods have said they are not merging threads started by ST til NSD.

wde

wde

:iamwithstupid: if you think you got that right....so which part of that bold statement did you get right?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Lets also wait and see if he actually signs with us. Appreciate the infantile emoticon(s). Obviously at the moment it definitely appears I was wrong since he got an offer, but again lets see if we actually sign him if Bryant truly is a lost cause. If we do sign him, I will start a thread saying I was wrong to appease you.

wde

still one more MD thread to merge please.

Mods have said they are not merging threads started by ST til NSD.

The merged threads make sense when 3 people start a new thread over the same issue...but less sense when a new issue arises.

wde

wde

Lets also wait and see if he actually signs with us. Appreciate the infantile emoticon(s). Obviously at the moment it definitely appears I was wrong since he got an offer, but again lets see if we actually sign him if Bryant truly is a lost cause. If we do sign him, I will start a thread saying I was wrong to appease you.

wde

lol, just having a little fun with your delusional response.

Archived