Clint Moseley will not return next season *MERGED*

WarTiger

I think we really need a JUCO QB since Clint is leaving. We will only have 3 scholarship QBs come fall and that is banking on Jeremy Johnson signing and being cleared to enroll at AU. Any issues with that and we are in deep dodo.

Just where do you hope to find a JUCO QB capable of playing in the SEC? Any of that quality have already signed and are enrolling in class even as we speak.

Not gonna happen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we really need a JUCO QB since Clint is leaving. We will only have 3 scholarship QBs come fall and that is banking on Jeremy Johnson signing and being cleared to enroll at AU. Any issues with that and we are in deep dodo.

Just where do you hope to find a JUCO QB capable of playing in the SEC? Any of that quality have already signed and are enrolling in class even as we speak.

Blinn?

What about Nick Marshall? I thought we were recruiting him. His highlights look pretty good.

Blinn?

I want some of what you're smokin. ;)

I don't think anyone really expected Clint to come back for his senior year. I have too much respect for him to say anything until now Maybe CM and Gus decided to announce now for recruiting reasons. We passed on some pretty good JUCO QBs. Marshall wouldn't be my choice but I guess he's the man now. If Gus want's him so do I. Makes no sense to sign sign Brissett when we need help now. Down the road we have JSmith, JJ, and probably EJ Moss. KF and Wallace need help now. Can Marshall come for Spring or is it too late to get him in. I really wonder if CGM doesn't have the same confidence in KF that he once had. I guess we'll find out if a JUCO QB does end up signing with Auburn.

As one of his classes was getting out and mine was starting (same room) I overheard him talking with Trevonte Stallworth and he was saying something about not being able to transfer, so I felt something was going to come out about him leaving in the near future. I wish him the best of luck in the future. WDE!!

First off I wish Moseley the best, he is a great guy. But I don't understand why we would now need to go out and find a JUCO QB. To ride the bench? Frazier and Wallace are going to battle it out in the spring and Johnson will join them in the fall. One of them will win the job and the other two will fall in line. I guess my point is, and no offense to Moseley, but if he stayed on the team I could see him being 4th string, so I don't think this really changes any roster/recruiting decisions. Thing only thing I could see happening is signing a lower rated QB or taking a walk-on for some depth. Moseley was never going to seriously compete for the starting job so we aren't going to now bring in a transfer or JUCO guy to do that. just my opinion.

Best of luck to Clint. Thanks for the effort. In terms of if his leaving impacts the team on the field? It doesn't since Clint was going to be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart had he stayed.

wde

First off I wish Moseley the best, he is a great guy. But I don't understand why we would now need to go out and find a JUCO QB. To ride the bench? Frazier and Wallace are going to battle it out in the spring and Johnson will join them in the fall. One of them will win the job and the other two will fall in line. I guess my point is, and no offense to Moseley, but if he stayed on the team I could see him being 4th string, so I don't think this really changes any roster/recruiting decisions. Thing only thing I could see happening is signing a lower rated QB or taking a walk-on for some depth. Moseley was never going to seriously compete for the starting job so we aren't going to now bring in a transfer or JUCO guy to do that. just my opinion.

I pretty much agree. In the Gus system Mosley is probably 4th string. If he has or is about to get his degree, why stay?

Good luck to you!

Even though Jason Smith is listed as a QB, I see him getting more playing time as a WR. If that happens, then we'll only have Jr, Keihl Frazier, So, Jonathan Wallace and TFr. Jeremy Johnson on scholarship. I really hope we sign a Top junior college QB.

We have Ryan Carter and one or two more guys that have walked on, so we aren't decimated at QB. Between KF, JW and JJ, we will be just fine. Honestly, I am pulling for KF to find his swagger and prove to everyone that he was the TOP QB in his class coming out of high school, but I also keep getting these visions of what Wallace can do in a Gus Malzahn offense!! He is elusive, he has a big arm and he isn't afraid of contact. May be a little undersized, but that didn't stop Johnny Football from setting records all over the place this year.

Didn't think I would say this after the way our season ended, but I am already excited about next season!! WDE!!!

Any one who is wringing their hands over the departure of Clint Moseley is clearly just looking for something to fret about. Good for Clint-he gets a degree from the #1 college in Alabama and has a lifetime of useful stories to tell about playing QB in the SEC. And I'm sure Auburn got something.

This was no surprise. Not an SEC QB, but could be a great coach if he wants to go that direction. I think he loves AU. I wish him the best in whatever he pursues in the future.

That seems a little harsh.

Has anyone heard if Clint is still having shoulder issues or does he simply want to quit football?

I wondered this. If he figured his next season and NFL chances were slim, particularly with a bum shoulder, why not go ahead and get started in his post-football career & life and focus on academics. I haven't heard anything, though.

In any case, best of everything to you, Clint! Thanks for giving us your best! War Damn Eagle!

Archived